Are Persian/siamese cats affectionate?

Old September 7th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Are Persian/siamese cats affectionate?

We have had a persian/siamese cross cat for about 5 days now, but so
far have had no affection from her. She seems to spend most of her time
behind the sofa or hidden away somewhere? Is this the nature of cats of
this breed or could she still be unsettled?

Our cat is 7 years old so we're hoping she is just finding the change
hard, however as the days go on we're concerned this could be her
personality. She could be a very timid unaffectionate cat. We have
found when she is away from her various hiding places she is very
jumpy!

Can anyone suggest anything we can do to make her more sociable so that
we actually see her?!?

Many thanks,

Tom

Old September 7th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

Give her some time. Five days is a very, very short time. Some cats can
take weeks to get comfortable in a new place. She's in totally new
surroundings, new sounds, smells, sights, new people. She sounds like she's
frightened and stressed. I would keep her in a small, quiet room where she
can feel more secure, with a litter box, food, etc. Gradually let her
explore a larger area after she seems more comfortable. Most cats with time
will warm up/ become less fearful. I've never had Persians before but
Siamese can be very friendly. I also wouldn't push yourself on her. Just
being in the smaller room with, talking to her but not trying to pet her
might be helpful.

Best of luck.
Bonnie

ups.com...

Old September 7th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Spot

I have a Siamese mix who is my shadow to the point that she thinks she
should go out to do business when the dogs go out. Give it some time it's
all new and scarey to her.

Celeste
ups.com...