Monkey cat

Old September 8th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Monkey cat

A while back I brought home a scratching post that is about twice the height
of the little useless ones we all have had that our cats will not use ... it
was $15 at Petsmart and has a nice heavy base, carpet covering. (I bought
glue and sisal rope to apply to make it a better scratcher but have not
gotten around to putting it on.) Best of all, my little beast can get a
good, long strettttttch in as she claws this one.

(I wanted something better than the useless ones but not a cat tree that
takes up half a room.)

Anyway--for weeks she ignored it. Sat on the base and looked at me. I had to
take her little arms and plant her on the base and stretch her up and make
mock scratching motions for her to get it.

After the third time I did it, she really got into the thing. I hear these
little snarls and yelps and look over and she is upside down on the thing,
holding on like a monkey. She leaps and catches herself by her claws on it,
and really loves playing with a rope dangled on either side. She jumps
straight up in the air and lands a few feet away and stalks it.

It's a nice new toy for a good price.

Old September 8th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

"cybercat" wrote in message
[...]

You thought she was a cat . . .
Bonnie

Old September 8th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"22brix" wrote
You thought she was a cat . . .
Bonnie

haha! Actually, she has always been monkey-like. Very long and skinny,
little boney butt, loves to do acrobatics when she plays. She weighs 7.5 lbs
soaking wet.

Old September 8th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

"cybercat" wrote in message

"22brix" wrote
You thought she was a cat . . .
Bonnie

haha! Actually, she has always been monkey-like. Very long and skinny,
little boney butt, loves to do acrobatics when she plays. She weighs 7.5
lbs
soaking wet.

Gollum's that way--long, skinny--he jumps higher than any cat I've seen.
He's over 10 pounds so it's kind of incredible some of things he does! He's
totally black and looks like a black panther.

Old September 8th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"22brix" wrote

Gollum's that way--long, skinny--he jumps higher than any cat I've seen.

What a GREAT name for a cat like that!

Old September 8th 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

"cybercat" wrote in message

"22brix" wrote

Gollum's that way--long, skinny--he jumps higher than any cat I've seen.

What a GREAT name for a cat like that!

Yeah, his eyes glow in the dark, too. He likes to sleep in his cat
carrier--if it's real dark, all you can see are his eyes. It's really eerie!