Is you cat throwing up? Here is my theory

Old September 10th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sosessyithurts

Default Is you cat throwing up? Here is my theory

I got it figured out...

I think Im right

When a cat eats something that does not set good, they throw it up...
BUT they do this to come back to it..

yes they do

what they throw up is actually closer to being digested than it was
before they originally ate it.

you say.. that's gross.. well so is eating a mouse...lol
so is eating a big bug... they love it

How many posts have I read of folk trying to prevent their cat from
throwing up every meal? One poster was so desperate she was spoon
feeding her cat little bites.
IN her case; it WAS the food.. it was too rich or something for the
cats body...it's lifestyle it's metabolism etc...

What she should have done is let the cat eat the throw up... see... her
cat knew what it was doing.. it was chewing it's cud... making it
easier to digest upon the second pass.

All Im saying is.. don't be so hasty to clean up the cat puke... give
them an oppurtunity to eat it... Just wait and see if they will (of
course hairballs will not be revisited by the cat)

How do I know cats prefer to eat their throw up? Jupiter does it
sometimes.
She would rather eat her vomit, than fresh cat food.

??????

I have seen Jupiter do this several times. If I don't clean the vomit
right away.. it's either gone in a bit, or I see her go back and eat
it.

If I clean the vomit up, I am robbing her of her efforts to comfortably
digest her meal.
She's working on it... it might take two passes but she's working on
it.

She does this while there is more and fresh food on her plate.

For as long as the vomit is setting it is becoming more digestible

Old September 10th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lou B.

Default As a dog...

http://www.youthonfire.com/culture/print/surprised.html

Old September 10th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sosessyithurts

Lou B. wrote:
http://www.youthonfire.com/culture/print/surprised.html

Hello Lou B

I went to the link but did not find anything that resembled my post
that link does not display any test

just post the text you want to share inside your post
we can handle it

Old September 10th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"sosessyithurts" wrote:
She would rather eat her vomit, than fresh cat food.

??????

I have seen Jupiter do this several times. If I don't clean the vomit
right away.. it's either gone in a bit, or I see her go back and eat
it.

I caught Gracie doing this. I had missed this particular spot, it was under
the bed. This was NOT new throwup either.

Old September 10th 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
RobZip

"sosessyithurts" wrote in message
ups.com...
I got it figured out...

I think Im right

When a cat eats something that does not set good, they throw it up...
BUT they do this to come back to it..

yes they do

what they throw up is actually closer to being digested than it was
before they originally ate it.

For as long as the vomit is setting it is becoming more digestible

Years back, I watched my old tom cat race to wolf down as much chow as he
could just to keep the younger female from getting at it. He would run off
to a bush and vomit the newly eaten food up while the female raced to get
some before he came back. He would return and about as often as not, run the
female off and eat more. Wheteher he ate more or not, he invariably returned
to the puke pile and ate that too. It gave me great delight to see him
nuzzling against my soon to be ex-wife's chin upon her return.

Old September 10th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lou B.

"As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly." -
Proverbs 26:11

Get a clue.

- Lou

Old September 10th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"Lou B." wrote in message
"As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly." -
Proverbs 26:11

Get a clue.

- Lou

Matthew 7
6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls
before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and
rend you.

Matthew 7
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you
again.

Old September 10th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lou B." wrote in message
"As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly." -
Proverbs 26:11

Get a clue.

- Lou

Okay, jackass. Nobody knows who you are referring to because you will not
have the courtesy to include a snippet of the post to which to are replying.

You are dismissed.

Idiot.

Old September 11th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lou B.

Cyberpussy found a couple brain cells to rub together and came up with
the following:

Okay, jackass. Nobody knows who you
are referring to because you will not
have the courtesy to include a snippet of
the post to which to are replying.

You are dismissed.

Idiot.

Hey you magnificent idiot, kudos for the magnificent insult.

Like I said, get a clue.

Oh and, just a suggestion, as an aid to the foregoing advice, go back
and READ THE THREAD.

Who's an idiot?

- Lou

Old September 11th 06, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sosessyithurts

Lou B. wrote:
Cyberpussy found a couple brain cells to rub together and came up with
the following:

I was talking with an old friend from Jersey today, we was having a
discussion, wanted to get your opinion...

if you had to die tonight, which would you prefer?

a.) 2 x 4 up the ass?

or

b.) a man standing behind the bathroom door to wrap piano wire around
your neck while your ****ing your nightly stones?

just curios, take your time, the night is young

My advice to you is to talk nice to people.

Nobody is interested in your petty ass gall

stick with cats Lou

personally I'd rather have piano wire wrapped tightly around my neck...
a cold hard way to go yes, but far less suffering than a 2 x 4 x
Whatever can be hammered up in there... it would mangle your spine..
bound to hurt far worse.

Later, Hope your skinny cat fattens up for ya!
Welcome to the group.