Uh.. yuck

Old September 19th 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Uh.. yuck

I went to Petsmart today and was going to pick up one of those
auto-waterer deals for my cat. When I got home I realized I got one
that had been opened and returned. I went to put it together and
realized that someone had bought it, used it, the pump got clogged up
and they returned it... as-is... plugged up, dirty, very used and
just... gross...

....and they put it back on the shelf that way to re-sell???!!! I
thought stores had to check over the returns before they re-sold them?
I'm glad I checked it out before I just put it together and let my cat
use it.

That grossed me out so bad... Just... thought I'd share.

Old September 19th 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

wrote in message
ups.com...
I went to Petsmart today and was going to pick up one of those
auto-waterer deals for my cat. When I got home I realized I got one
that had been opened and returned. I went to put it together and
realized that someone had bought it, used it, the pump got clogged up
and they returned it... as-is... plugged up, dirty, very used and
just... gross...

...and they put it back on the shelf that way to re-sell???!!! I
thought stores had to check over the returns before they re-sold them?
I'm glad I checked it out before I just put it together and let my cat
use it.

That grossed me out so bad... Just... thought I'd share.

We had a similar experience with a meat slicer--still had bits of meat on it
when we opened the box!

Bonnie

Old September 21st 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Yep... when I took it out of the box, I cleaned it up... but I was too
nervous to let my cat use it. I have to clean his pump once a week or
every other week too... but I was rather disgusted that I bought that
in that condition.

I went back the next day and found a brand new un-opened one... after
telling the woman the condition the other was in, I don't think she put
it back out for sale.
T wrote:
In article . com,
says...
I went to Petsmart today and was going to pick up one of those
auto-waterer deals for my cat. When I got home I realized I got one
that had been opened and returned. I went to put it together and
realized that someone had bought it, used it, the pump got clogged up
and they returned it... as-is... plugged up, dirty, very used and
just... gross...

...and they put it back on the shelf that way to re-sell???!!! I
thought stores had to check over the returns before they re-sold them?
I'm glad I checked it out before I just put it together and let my cat
use it.

That grossed me out so bad... Just... thought I'd share.

The pumps are easy to clean. The front snaps right off.

Every couple weeks I have to clean the pump on mine becuase it gets
clogged with cat hair of all things.

Old September 22nd 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Deeanna

If I were the Petsmart manager, I would be terribly embarassed.

I returned some litter boxes to Petsmart because my cats did not like
them. Before I did, though, I cleaned them thoroughly with bleach.
Can you imagine if a Petsmart put a used cat box on the shelf? It
would almost put me off of the store if I were to find something like
that.

Old September 22nd 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

That would totally be disgusting.... I was amazed that they re-sold
that one without obviously checking it first. I was so grossed out and
mad. I love Petsmart (it's my choice between that and Petco,
personally), but that really disappointed me and made me very wary. I
will definitely be more aware and careful next time I purchase anything
there again.