Have to give up 1 cat : (

Old September 27th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul

Default Have to give up 1 cat : (

I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but
I did the right w/the American Disabilities Act even has 2 doctor's
sign

Now Mang tells since my husband, Rick's died I can only have one of
them!

Rudy puts a paw on each shoulder and licks my face when I'm crying over
Rick's death

Moe lets hug as as I want when I'm crying

I can't pick just one! I guess the right thing will be to give them
both up together, they are good with kids school age, they have never
bitten or starched anyone

I can't give up my babies.

ensoul

Old September 27th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chili palmer

ensoul wrote:

I can't give up my babies.

That's awful!

I'd have to look up housing mang, I just don't understand why you have
to give them up and what diabetes has to do with this...

I agree maybe they could stay together

Old September 27th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
The Polish-Kraut

I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but
I did the right w/the American Disabilities Act even has 2 doctor's
sign

Now Mang tells since my husband, Rick's died I can only have one of
them!

Rudy puts a paw on each shoulder and licks my face when I'm crying over
Rick's death

Moe lets hug as as I want when I'm crying

I can't pick just one! I guess the right thing will be to give them
both up together, they are good with kids school age, they have never
bitten or starched anyone

I can't give up my babies.

Simple.

Get a different apartment.

If you were told you had to give up your human babies (If you had
them) would you give them up or find someplace where you could keep
them ?!?!?

Old September 27th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"ensoul" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but
I did the right w/the American Disabilities Act even has 2 doctor's
sign

Now Mang tells since my husband, Rick's died I can only have one of
them!

Rudy puts a paw on each shoulder and licks my face when I'm crying over
Rick's death

Moe lets hug as as I want when I'm crying

I can't pick just one! I guess the right thing will be to give them
both up together, they are good with kids school age, they have never
bitten or starched anyone

I can't give up my babies.

ensoul

What is Housing Mang? Are you referring to a housing manager? I also don't
understand what diabetes or ADA has to do with keeping cats (although ADA
does stipulate that people with certain disabilities are entitled to guide
dogs). That said, is there any possible way that you can move to another
apartment? That would be the obvious solution -- give up the apartment, not
the pets.

MaryL

Old September 27th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"ensoul" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Alternatively...you might check to see if the manager would accept a pet
deposit so you can keep both cats. If you are a good tenant (especially a
long-term tenant), that might be acceptable. Good tenants are like money in
the bank to a manager. I know you said in another message that money is a
major factor right now, but it would be cheaper than moving!

I don't know where I came up with that bit about diabetes. I must have
dreamed it because I don't see that reference in your message.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

Old September 28th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

ensoul wrote:

Now Mang tells since my husband, Rick's died I can only have one of
them!

WHOA! You have both cats, there is no suggestion that either cat is in
danger of neglect ok?

I've just had this over the last few days with my DH being in
hospital.....And them trying to say that he couldn't take care of them
(I don't count by the way as we are not married despite 28 years
together)

Get some advice- and sue/shoot the heartless bas**rds who want to do
this at a time of such grief to you!!!!!!!

Sometimes human beings aren't worthy of the name....

I'm hoping you can sort this out- when we had workmen round it came to
their attention via an underling that we had cats, the underling did
not get off to a good start when he asked Dave (DH) for the contact
details of his social worker and when Dave said he didn't have one got
the reply "But you're disabaled you must have one!"

Dave promptly contacted HIS boss whose only reaction to the cats was
"Ahhhhh...isn't she pretty? Come here you cutie" (I am still quite glad
that it was Dunzi, if they'd seen Sarsi in one of her queen bitch modes
it migth have been different!)

Go above this moron's head of you have to.....They're saying you are
able to look after 1 cat why not 2?

Keep us posted

Lesley

Old September 28th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On 27 Sep 2006 11:36:30 -0700, "ensoul" wrote:

I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but
I did the right w/the American Disabilities Act even has 2 doctor's
sign

Now Mang tells since my husband, Rick's died I can only have one of
them!

Rudy puts a paw on each shoulder and licks my face when I'm crying over
Rick's death

Moe lets hug as as I want when I'm crying

I can't pick just one! I guess the right thing will be to give them
both up together, they are good with kids school age, they have never
bitten or starched anyone

I can't give up my babies.

ensoul

Don't give up either of your cats! Just say no and sit tight. Get in
touch with local tenant groups if Housing Mang is foolish enough to
start an eviction process. The court isn't going to put you out on
the street over a housecat, as long as you show up for appearances and
follow the process from your end.

Meanwhile, post pictures of your cats on the web, with your story, and
keep posting here. The public loves this stuff. You won't lose your
cats if you reach out for public support and stay honest with
everyone.

Charlie

Old September 28th 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail

Yes, and write to the local paper telling them your story and asking for
support from others.
Gail

Old September 28th 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Spot

From previous post I gather she lives in HUD subsidized housing it's just
not that easy to pick up and move when you are disabled and getting by on
very little. I know I've been there. I don't get why they will let her
only keep one of them if she was allowed to have both when her husband was
alive.

Celeste

oups.com...

Old September 28th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

don't get why they will let her
only keep one of them if she was allowed to have both when her husband was
alive.

Good point!!!!

Lesley