Saying Goodbye To Jason

Old October 2nd 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paige

Default Saying Goodbye To Jason

On Sunday, my husband, Michael, and I spent most of the day alternating
between crying and remembering Jason, a cat I found half-starved and
scrounging for food in September of 05. He was the most affectionate
cat we've ever seen, preferring my lap while I was working and a comfy
spot between us both in bed at night. Many mornings we woke up with
Jason looking at us, one of his paws resting gently on top of our
hands.

We never could figure out how such a sweet cat could have ended up
outside and alone, and we both feel lucky to have had him with us for
the time we did.

A few months back he started having health problems. Nothing too
severe, but we knew something wasn't right. After a lot of trips to the
vet trying to uncover what was happening, it turned out to be cancer
pushing against his spine. He gradually lost complete function of his
back legs, and spent his last month stylishly lounging around the house
in cat diapers.

He was sweet, affectionate and loving till the moment we said "Goodbye"
on Sunday.

I want to thank the people in this group who helped me.

Old October 2nd 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

Paige wrote:
On Sunday, my husband, Michael, and I spent most of the day alternating
between crying and remembering Jason, a cat I found half-starved and
scrounging for food in September of 05.

And he had 10 years of love and affection remember that

I will ask my Furballs to send purrs for you and him

He sounds like a real character.

Take it from me. You will remember in time only the good times and be
glad that he was a part of your lives

Lesley

Old October 2nd 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Paige" wrote in message
oups.com...

He was sweet, affectionate and loving till the moment we said "Goodbye"
on Sunday.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Paige. Jason sounds like a particularly sweet
little
soul. I'm so glad you made his last year of life so wonderful, and I have no
doubt that he knew he was loved.

Old October 3rd 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Buddy's Mom

Paige

It really makes you wonder why these people give up these loving
kitties, doesn't it?
I adoped a kitty a year and a half ago [my first adult adoption at age
3] and he is the most purrfect kitty I have ever had! So well behaved,
affectionate and appreciative of every thing he gets! What a doll!
Please adopt another and give your love again.

Old October 3rd 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stacia

Sounds like you gave Jason a great life and he was lucky to have you.
You have my condolences.

Stacia

Old October 3rd 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
blkcatgal

Paige,
I am so sorry to hear about Jason. I hope the memories of all the joy he
brought you helps during this difficult time.

Sue
oups.com...

Old October 3rd 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

It was heartening to read your post, Paige, that you took in this cat
and gave him such a nice retirement before he had to leave. How
wonderful that he was comfy and well-fed and had a lap for his last year.

I'm sorry he had to leave so soon, but you did right by him.

Take care,

Rhonda

Old October 3rd 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

Paige wrote:

We never could figure out how such a sweet cat could have ended up
outside and alone, and we both feel lucky to have had him with us for
the time we did.

He was sweet, affectionate and loving till the moment we said "Goodbye"
on Sunday.

I'm very sorry, Paige. You did everything possible for the little guy.
I'm so glad you found him. It sounds like he had a wonderful home
with you.

Candace

Old October 3rd 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Paige wrote:
On Sunday, my husband, Michael, and I spent most of the day alternating
between crying and remembering Jason, a cat I found half-starved and
scrounging for food in September of 05.

Oh Paige, I am so sorry. I lost my sweet dog Tosh to a spinal tumor
too - much in the same manner. I hope you can find some comfort in
knowing that Jason had a good life over the last year.

-L.

Goodbye Furry Friend Cory Cat community 5 July 21st 06 01:44 AM
Goodbye, Frank Adrian Cat anecdotes 23 December 12th 05 03:11 PM
i solve rude kettles towards the hot dry doorway, whilst Jason believably covers them too Marilyn U. Gilette Cat health & behaviour 0 September 16th 05 07:09 PM
better call painters now or Jason will loudly burn them between you Marilyn Cat anecdotes 0 September 12th 05 10:49 AM
Goodbye Rory badwilson Cat anecdotes 69 August 26th 04 03:18 AM