another update on Levi

Old October 11th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Default another update on Levi

Levi ("the kitten who ate the latex nipple" and "the kitten who might
have FHV") saw the vet today. The vet agrees that Levi has herpes. He
didn't think it was a big deal and said L-Lysine will help "if I want
to do that." I'm not entirely thrilled with this vet and am going to
switch (lots of reasons for that). Otherwise, Levi is fine. His eyes
look good, he was 2.8 lbs (!!), and tested negative for FIV. He
handled his blood test and boosters just fine, and we went shopping for
wet food which I will start giving him tonight. Right now he is
suckling on my lip and purring like crazy.

In other news, I got my boys a giant cat tower with various shelves and
hideaways and scratching posts. It was not terribly expensive, and I
don't see it lasting, but while they have it I can already see they
will enjoy the heck out of it! Levi was the first to the top, his fat
brother doesn't seem to trust the stability. g

Levi just fell asleep in my lap. Ain't love grand?

Old October 11th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lynne" wrote in message
ps.com...
Levi ("the kitten who ate the latex nipple" and "the kitten who might
have FHV") saw the vet today. The vet agrees that Levi has herpes. He
didn't think it was a big deal and said L-Lysine will help "if I want
to do that." I'm not entirely thrilled with this vet and am going to
switch (lots of reasons for that).

I think this is wise. L-lysine will help, and your kitty needs it, as the
herpes
virus stays in his system and outbreaks can lead to bactierial infections
etc.
I found this good link:

http://www.thepetprofessor.com/artic...le.aspx?id=359

Otherwise, Levi is fine. His eyes
look good, he was 2.8 lbs (!!), and tested negative for FIV. He
handled his blood test and boosters just fine, and we went shopping for
wet food which I will start giving him tonight. Right now he is
suckling on my lip and purring like crazy.

This is just cute beyond belief!

In other news, I got my boys a giant cat tower with various shelves and
hideaways and scratching posts. It was not terribly expensive, and I
don't see it lasting, but while they have it I can already see they
will enjoy the heck out of it! Levi was the first to the top, his fat
brother doesn't seem to trust the stability. g

Levi just fell asleep in my lap. Ain't love grand?

You bet. I would say you and your kitties are all lucky!
MORE PICS!

Old October 11th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
meeee

Awwww good on you, and all the best for you and your new friend....looking
forward to hearing lots of stories!!

ps.com...

Old October 12th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
RobZip

"Lynne" wrote in message
ps.com...
The vet agrees that Levi has herpes. He
didn't think it was a big deal and said L-Lysine will help "if I want
to do that."

Just curious, is the vet proposing the Lysine as an ongoing treatment or as
a treatment while having an active outbreak only?

Old October 12th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

RobZip wrote:
"Lynne" wrote in message
ps.com...
The vet agrees that Levi has herpes. He
didn't think it was a big deal and said L-Lysine will help "if I want
to do that."

Just curious, is the vet proposing the Lysine as an ongoing treatment or as
a treatment while having an active outbreak only?

Actually, the vet didn't propose it. He just said it would be okay if
I want to give it to him. I'm not sure he believes it will help. He
didn't seem interested.

As I understand it, Lysine will help suppress the virus and (hopefully)
prevent outbreaks, so I will be giving it to him on an ongoing basis.

Old October 13th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

He sounds so adorable! I'm glad he's doing so well.

Rhonda