Cat safe 'pesticides'

Old October 21st 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Callie & Coie's Dad

Default Cat safe 'pesticides'

Good morning,

Does anyone happen to know of an 'organic', cat-safe ant spray?

They are becoming a very unwelcome nuisance on the back screen room.

I sprinkled some Bayer granules on the outside but probably need
something more direct contact.

Thanks.
Old October 21st 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
PawsForThought

Callie & Coie's Dad wrote:
Good morning,

Does anyone happen to know of an 'organic', cat-safe ant spray?

They are becoming a very unwelcome nuisance on the back screen room.

I sprinkled some Bayer granules on the outside but probably need
something more direct contact.

Thanks.

I would recommend "food grade" diatomaceous earth. Just make sure you
get food grade and not the kind for swimming pools. Just Google it and
you should find some information about it. But it works well and is
non-toxic.

Lauren
(and Mickey & Meesha)
Raise Your Paw for Raw!

See my cats: http://mickeymeesha.photosite.com/mm/

Old October 24th 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

Callie & Coie's Dad wrote:
Good morning,

Does anyone happen to know of an 'organic', cat-safe ant spray?

They are becoming a very unwelcome nuisance on the back screen room.

I sprinkled some Bayer granules on the outside but probably need
something more direct contact.

Thanks.

I just read that if you sprinkle corn meal around, the ants will eat it
but can't digest it, and will die.

Old October 24th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Sat, 21 Oct 2006 13:38:33 GMT, Callie & Coie's Dad
wrote:

Good morning,

Does anyone happen to know of an 'organic', cat-safe ant spray?

They are becoming a very unwelcome nuisance on the back screen room.

I sprinkled some Bayer granules on the outside but probably need
something more direct contact.

Thanks.

don't use cayenne pepper. My mother told me it works, but my dog ate a
tongueful (obviously before she bothered to SMELL it) and got very ill for
the better part of 2 days.

--
Lynne
Old October 24th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmagerl

I'm partial to Combat sold at Home Depot. ITs a bait which means you will
have to devise some way to keep the cat away from it. I put a drop of it
down and put a brick over it elevated by 2 sticks. THe cat cant move the
brick and its only 1/4 inch off the floor so the cat cant snake his paw in.
If you cat is strong...2 bricks. I do the same outside and its sufficient to
keep the raccoons out of it.

"Rene S." wrote in message
ups.com...