Arrgh week from hell!!

Old October 22nd 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
meeee

Default Arrgh week from hell!!

Well, the 'stud tail' turned out to be ringworm. Arrrgh!! So off to the vet,
tablets all around, malaseb, stuff to use in my washing machine, uv light to
help spot the ringworm, stuff forus in case we get it. Arrgh! I still have 5
cats to wash today....I did the kittens yesterday. So that's all sorted,
then this morning, my little girl, who is 3 months, didn't want to eat, had
diarhea and was all 'floppy' so I am panicking ringing around trying to find
a vet that's open. I only had the rent money left, so I had to find someone
who wouldn't be charging the whole amount for just the check up, as it's
sunday, otherwise i would have no $$ left for meds. Kittens decline so fast
with diarhea, I wasn't sure she would make it to the vets. Finally found one
who opened for half an hour, on regular fees, but we had to wait until 9.
Meanwhile she was getting weaker and weaker. Finally got her to the vet; he
was great, had the microscope right there to check her stool, apparently she
has a gastro type bacteria, so no more raw food. Seems I would have been ok
(I'm storing it correctly) but the retailer mustn't be storing it correctly.
I used to be able to buy it frozen, which was no worries, but lately they've
only had fresh. So no more; this is pointless. Poor little baby. Anyway I
think I'm changing vets to this guy, I haven't been happy with my vet for a
while; this guy didn't overcharge, was very informative and helpful, and
wasn't stingy with the treatments, which my usual vet is. So I bought more
ringworm tabs, in case it crops up on the others, antibiotic,
anti-inflammatory, and he advised electrolyte solution every 1/2 hour. She
still only has 60-70% chance of making it, so any purrs will be appreciated.
And purrs that I can persuade my RE agent not to kick me out for missing my
rent :*(

Old October 22nd 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 03:41:00 +0000, meeee wrote:

[...]

Sending get well purrs for the kitten and purring for our finances to
improve. Best wishes too. MLB
Old October 22nd 06, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Ah, poor baby. She must just be too young to fight off the bugs.

I hope she gets better quickly, 60-70% is better than half! One of our
cats made it through surgery this year with a 20-25% chance, so maybe
this is a lucky year for cats with orange in them (aren't yours all orange?)

Let us know how she's doing,

Rhonda

Old October 22nd 06, 09:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

meeee wrote:
Well, the 'stud tail' turned out to be ringworm.

Program. It's the only thing that is worth using.

-L.

Old October 22nd 06, 10:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 03:41:00 GMT, "meeee"
wrote:

I still have 5
cats to wash today....

Don't tell your insurance company.

Charlie

Old October 22nd 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote:

I still have 5
cats to wash today....

Don't tell your insurance company.

Wahh! I don't get it!

Make me laugh, Charlie Wilkes!

I need a laugh today!

Old October 22nd 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
BarB

wrote:

Well, the 'stud tail' turned out to be ringworm. Arrrgh!! So off to the vet,
tablets all around, malaseb, stuff to use in my washing machine, uv light to
help spot the ringworm, stuff forus in case we get it. Arrgh!

To keep from getting ringworm myself, I rub antifungal cream into
every scratch. The only times I've gotten it myself it has been at
the site of a minor kitten booboo. Those baby nails are worse than
needles.

Good luck with the sick baby.

BarB
Old October 22nd 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
meeee

Default Arrgh week from hell!! UPDATE

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. This little girl is one of my meezer
babies. She picked up within hours of getting the
antibiotic/antiinflammatory, and came out of my room asking for snuggles and
looking for the other cats. I was soooo happy, as she's my little darling
atm, she puts up with children, loves cuddles, and is a right little lap
fungus!! She's much better this morning, ate last night, but is still
looking a bit peaky so I will be keeping an eye on her and keep pumping
electrolytes into her. The vet prescribed grisofulven for the ringworm,
according to him that will knock it on the head and won't damage livers. So
everything's good (except for the rent....not looking forward to calling the
landlord) and everyone's healthy yay!! I also really like this vet, a lot
more animal oriented than profit oriented like my usual vet...so I think a
swap-a-roo is in order. he also early desexes which is great!! All the other
vets in cairns refuse, for the stupid old fashioned reasons, to desex before
6 months. And he only charged me $165 for a bottle of 100 griso. tabs, a
bottle of anti inflammatory, antibiotics, and the sunday appointment.
Considering every other vet here was charging $150 just to examine on
sundays, this meant I could actually afford the meds for her. I might have
to swap to program from revolution if that's the case; i don't want this
happening again!! And thanks for the tip barB, the only outbreak I've had on
me is where they played abseiling down my back. Ouchies!!
Thanks again for all the advice and purrs guys, I really appreciate it. I'm
trying to find a job so $$$ aren't so tight.

Old October 23rd 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

"meeee" wrote in message
[...]

Sooo glad she's feeling better!