Clyde update

Old October 31st 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Clyde update

Clyde has been doing pretty well now he started drinking water on his
own. He still likes the wet food and wont eat the dry so I mix the wet
food with the dry food. He has biting a lot now and I know it's because
of me playing with him using my hands. What's the best way to stop him
from biting? He is almost 9 weeks old right now any help would be
appreciated.

Old October 31st 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote in message
ups.com...
Clyde has been doing pretty well now he started drinking water on his
own. He still likes the wet food and wont eat the dry so I mix the wet
food with the dry food. He has biting a lot now and I know it's because
of me playing with him using my hands. What's the best way to stop him
from biting? He is almost 9 weeks old right now any help would be
appreciated.

I'm glad he's doing better!

As for biting, when he bites you stop playing immediately and
say OW loudly. They don't like loud noises, and they do care
if you are displeased, especially if it means you will not play.

Get a feather on a string, or any other thing you can play with
your cat with without getting your hands involved.

Is there a reason you are trying to give him dry?

Old October 31st 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Oct 31, 1:19 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
wrote in oglegroups.com...

Clyde has been doing pretty well now he started drinking water on his
own. He still likes the wet food and wont eat the dry so I mix the wet
food with the dry food. He has biting a lot now and I know it's because
of me playing with him using my hands. What's the best way to stop him
from biting? He is almost 9 weeks old right now any help would be
appreciated.I'm glad he's doing better!

As for biting, when he bites you stop playing immediately and
say OW loudly. They don't like loud noises, and they do care
if you are displeased, especially if it means you will not play.

Get a feather on a string, or any other thing you can play with
your cat with without getting your hands involved.

Is there a reason you are trying to give him dry?

We want to give him dry because it's a lot cheaper and it doesnt smell
haha

Old November 1st 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote:

Is there a reason you are trying to give him dry?

We want to give him dry because it's a lot cheaper and it doesnt smell
haha

lol!

But seriously, cut it out. It's bad for him. :

Old November 1st 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Oct 31, 3:00 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
wrote:

Is there a reason you are trying to give him dry?

We want to give him dry because it's a lot cheaper and it doesnt smell
hahalol!

But seriously, cut it out. It's bad for him. :

Dry food is bad for him? I thought it was good for his teeth.

Old November 1st 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

You are very fortunate that he likes canned food. Urinary crystals are
much less likely if a cat eats canned food. If you want to help his
teeth (and this is doubtful) give him something like Friskies Dental
Diet (cheap) in small quantities as a treat. I give Tiger six pieces of
this at bedtime every night (Amber is not interested). Canned food may
be more expensive but vet bills for urinary blockage are not cheap.
It's best to try and prevent this.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old November 1st 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

I'm glad he's doing well and that he's drinking water! He's such a cutie.

Do whatever you can to discourage that hand-biting. You've already got
some good tips from others.

Good luck,

Rhonda

Old November 1st 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

wrote:
Clyde has been doing pretty well now he started drinking water on his
own. He still likes the wet food and wont eat the dry so I mix the wet
food with the dry food. He has biting a lot now and I know it's because
of me playing with him using my hands. What's the best way to stop him
from biting? He is almost 9 weeks old right now any help would be
appreciated.

Yelling ow when he bites me has already worked. Whenever I yell it he
backs away a little and kind of swats at me with his paws instead of
biting.

Clyde and the Blackbird Bev Cat anecdotes 19 November 20th 05 05:08 PM
Amended Clyde Experience Bev Cat anecdotes 1 December 11th 04 11:24 PM
FSP and Clyde Bev Cat anecdotes 4 December 1st 04 09:09 PM
Clyde - Peeping Tom Bev Cat anecdotes 6 January 17th 04 02:18 AM
Clyde - King of the Foodbowl Bev Cat anecdotes 10 November 3rd 03 07:29 PM