May I Ask A Question?

Old November 3rd 06, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
S N

Default May I Ask A Question?

Our Maine Coon cat likes just a (very) little milk in the morning when
we are eating breakfast......he doesn't get diarrhea from it.....but
someone was telling me they read that Maine Coon Cats can get ?????
diabetes from milk???? Has anyone ever heard of that?

Thank you.
Gloria

Old November 3rd 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
S N

Default May I Ask A Question? (Gail)

Thanks for the reply. I think the person who read that it causes
diabetes read it wrong, it was diarrhea! If I don't give my cat a little
milk (just a dab) when eating my breakfast, he sits by my legs and keeps
tapping me with that big "snowshoe foot"....thinking I forgot to give
him something. Spoiled huh! :-)

Gloria

Old November 3rd 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

"S N" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply. I think the person who read that it causes
diabetes read it wrong, it was diarrhea! If I don't give my cat a little
milk (just a dab) when eating my breakfast, he sits by my legs and keeps
tapping me with that big "snowshoe foot"....thinking I forgot to give
him something. Spoiled huh! :-)

Gloria

My cat, Tigger, used to get the left over milk in the cereal bowl any time
we had cereal. She also got to lick the ice cream bowl as long as she waited
patiently and didn't bug anyone while they were eating. It never gave her
any problem and she lived to be almost 19. That said there are cats who will
get diarrhea from dairy products. If yours doesn't then I don't see anything
wrong with giving him a treat.

Old November 3rd 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MoMo via CatKB.com

My parent's have a MaineCoon and he has milk everyday and he is fine. My cat
before him also had milk everyday and she lived to be 21. Now, my two cats
that I have at home throw up whenever they have milk. I think it really just
depends on the cat.

Old November 4th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Maine Coons are susceptible to diabetes because they tend to be big,
overweight cats. Just watch his waistline. Seems like many Maine Coon
owners are proud to brag about the size of their cats but it's not
healthy for them.

I don't think a little milk will hurt if it doesn't cause digestive
problems.

Rhonda

Old November 4th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

In article , Spal1
@webtv.net says...
Thanks for the reply. I think the person who read that it causes
diabetes read it wrong, it was diarrhea! If I don't give my cat a little
milk (just a dab) when eating my breakfast, he sits by my legs and keeps
tapping me with that big "snowshoe foot"....thinking I forgot to give
him something. Spoiled huh! :-)

Gloria

My cat Randy demands that he be able to lick up the teaspoon or so
residue of milk once I'm done eating a bowl of cereal. After 17 years
some habits are hard to break.

Old November 4th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"barb" wrote in message
From reading these posts, it almost seems like a little milk sometimes
leads
to longevity, kind of like a 90 year old having a glass of wine every
night.

It has given every cat I have ever had explosive diarrhea. And it should be
stressed that cow's milk is NOT the thing to feed kittens, they need special
milk from the vet if they are not weaned and are without their mother.

Old November 4th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
barb

From reading these posts, it almost seems like a little milk sometimes leads
to longevity, kind of like a 90 year old having a glass of wine every night.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,