Goodbye Emily - my favorite cat and mouser

Old November 7th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Goodbye Emily - my favorite cat and mouser

Well - the saga of Emily came to an end at 7:30AM this morning.

Over the past few weeks what looked like a URI turned out to be
something much more. A malignant growth.

I was awakened at 7:00AM by my SO who thought she was dead already. I
went over, her heart rate was 50BPM, much lower than normal. I hopped in
the shower and in the fifteen minutes it took me, Emily was dead.

When we brought her to the vets office I was livid. The damned vet knew
this was going on, she knew it, her staff knew it, etc. Of course I
should have known. This is the vet who Keyron (my SO) didn't like so
many years ago. I should have listened.

This practice is feline only but I know the real story now. Everything
is about money in this practice, everything. When the vet tech stated
tht "Well, we have to cover our costs.." I knew the gig was up right
then and there.

Of course this vet practice wanted an absurd amount of money for
personal cremation. We took Emily to the Providence Animal Rescue League
who does the same thing and it's not even a fifth the cost.

Again, you don't know how mad I was.

Old November 7th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"T" wrote in message
. ..
Well - the saga of Emily came to an end at 7:30AM this morning.

Over the past few weeks what looked like a URI turned out to be
something much more. A malignant growth.

I was awakened at 7:00AM by my SO who thought she was dead already. I
went over, her heart rate was 50BPM, much lower than normal. I hopped in
the shower and in the fifteen minutes it took me, Emily was dead.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can tell you really loved her.

Old November 7th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Randy

T wrote:
[...]

My deepest condolences on the loss of you beloved Emily. Purrs for a smooth
crossing over the RB.

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Old November 7th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

In article , says...
T wrote:
[...]

Thanks Randy. I think she'll have a very smooth voyage.

Old November 7th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
blkcatgal

I am so sorry for your loss. And it's too bad you had such a bad experience
with your vet.

Sue

. ..

Old November 7th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
meeee

Oh I am so sorry. I know how much Emily meant to you. I am disgusted at how
this vet has treated you. Don't blame yourself, you did the best you could
do for her. You were a wonderful cat slave. I know you are hurting so much
right now and my heart goes out to you.
. ..

Old November 7th 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

In article ,
says...
I am so sorry for your loss. And it's too bad you had such a bad experience
with your vet.

Sue

Thanks Sue. This vet practice is going to regret what they've done, I
can tell you that.