Cat Scratches Pulls Hair Out

Old November 9th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wickedcube07

Default Cat Scratches Pulls Hair Out

My Cat is 1 /12 years old, shes is spayed, got her UTD shots and the past
couple of months I noticed she scratches, bites and pulls her hair out, and
leaves bald spot/patches on the back area and her hind legs, even her tail. I
do not know what is causing this but I cannot afford to take her to the vet
and I need to know is there anything I can to do relieve the biting and
itching? Any suggestion I kindly aprpeciate right now.

Old November 9th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Judy

"Wickedcube07" u28872@uwe wrote in message news:6902a31a39c68@uwe...
My Cat is 1 /12 years old, shes is spayed, got her UTD shots and the past
couple of months I noticed she scratches, bites and pulls her hair out,
and
leaves bald spot/patches on the back area and her hind legs, even her
tail. I
do not know what is causing this but I cannot afford to take her to the
vet
and I need to know is there anything I can to do relieve the biting and
itching? Any suggestion I kindly aprpeciate right now.

If you can't afford to take a cat to the vet - why do you have a cat??

Old November 9th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Judy" wrote in message

"Wickedcube07" u28872@uwe wrote in message news:6902a31a39c68@uwe...
My Cat is 1 /12 years old, shes is spayed, got her UTD shots and the past
couple of months I noticed she scratches, bites and pulls her hair out,
and
leaves bald spot/patches on the back area and her hind legs, even her
tail. I
do not know what is causing this but I cannot afford to take her to the
vet
and I need to know is there anything I can to do relieve the biting and
itching? Any suggestion I kindly aprpeciate right now.

If you can't afford to take a cat to the vet - why do you have a cat??

You heartless bitch! He's probably JUST A KID! What do you want to
do, drive him AWAY from the GROUP!

Shame on you.

Old November 9th 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Wickedcube07" u28872@uwe wrote in message news:6902a31a39c68@uwe...
My Cat is 1 /12 years old, shes is spayed, got her UTD shots and the past
couple of months I noticed she scratches, bites and pulls her hair out,
and
leaves bald spot/patches on the back area and her hind legs, even her
tail. I
do not know what is causing this but I cannot afford to take her to the
vet
and I need to know is there anything I can to do relieve the biting and
itching? Any suggestion I kindly aprpeciate right now.

Go to "Google.com" select "Groups" put in the name of this group
and use search terms "allergies, fur pulling, bald cat," and such.

There is nothing you can do safely until you take your cat to a vet.

Except ... if it is just stress, find a way to ease her mind. My cat
pulled her fur out due to the upset of another cat invading her turf.
I stopped that, and her fur grew back. But there are many, many
reasons your kitty may be doing this.

Old November 9th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wickedcube07 via CatKB.com

Your response souded mean and I dont appreciate this at all. You have no
right to say rudeness to others and why are you on here to say bad things to
others? Dont reply back to me again!!!!

Judy wrote:
My Cat is 1 /12 years old, shes is spayed, got her UTD shots and the past
couple of months I noticed she scratches, bites and pulls her hair out,

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]

--
Deborah(me)Calvin(H), Chassidy(SD), Trinton(SS) and my three wonderful solid
black cats, my love and companions: Jhett-Li, Tiny-Tiny & Salem

Old November 9th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wickedcube07 via CatKB.com

I totally agree with u that its a very shameful thing to say to anyone about
why they have a cat I mean there are so many thousands of unwanted animals
out there who would want a home and someone to love them, I had replied back
to that person and today when I came to read my replies it upset me for what
they said to me and I dont like this at all. Thanks for the backing me up I
appreciate it. Deborah

cybercat wrote:
My Cat is 1 /12 years old, shes is spayed, got her UTD shots and the past
couple of months I noticed she scratches, bites and pulls her hair out,

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

Old November 9th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CL2000 via CatKB.com

Wickedcube07 wrote:
I totally agree with u that its a very shameful thing to say to anyone about
why they have a cat I mean there are so many thousands of unwanted animals
out there who would want a home and someone to love them, I had replied back
to that person and today when I came to read my replies it upset me for what
they said to me and I dont like this at all. Thanks for the backing me up I
appreciate it. Deborah

My Cat is 1 /12 years old, shes is spayed, got her UTD shots and the past
couple of months I noticed she scratches, bites and pulls her hair out,

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]

Shame on you.

It's sarcasm. Cybercat is playing with you.
your cat should be checked by a vet. There are many tyhings that can cause
this.

Old November 9th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

"Wickedcube07" u28872@uwe wrote in message news:6902a31a39c68@uwe...
My Cat is 1 /12 years old, shes is spayed, got her UTD shots and the past
couple of months I noticed she scratches, bites and pulls her hair out,
and
leaves bald spot/patches on the back area and her hind legs, even her
tail. I
do not know what is causing this but I cannot afford to take her to the
vet
and I need to know is there anything I can to do relieve the biting and
itching? Any suggestion I kindly aprpeciate right now.

It could be allergies. It could be stress. It could be a mites or something
similar. If it's allergies, it could be food allergies, contact allergies or
something in the environment. If it's stress, you're the one in the position
to guess at the cause. But that's the problem we're all guessing.

I suppose you could look into organizations that assist with vet costs for
the indigent