A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat health & behaviour
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

acetaminophen and cats



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 14th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default acetaminophen and cats

Original Message -----
From:
To: "AZ Nomad"
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 11:21 AM
Subject: acetaminophen and cats


We were using 1/8 of a tablet, and yes I am a ****ing idiot, not a troll.
Scot

----- Original Message -----
From: "AZ Nomad"
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 10:53 PM
Subject: acetaminophen and cats


On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:35:02 GMT,

wrote:


Acetaminophen & Cats


All should be aware of the toxicity of acetaminophen in cats:
A quick Google search revealed that apparently Acetaminophen is very

toxic
to cats:


"Acetaminaphen, the main ingredient of Tylenol and several other

non-aspirin
pain relievers. It possesses both analgesic and antipyretic effects.

The
feline toxic dosage is 50-100 mg/kg. One regular-strength tablet (325

mg)
may be toxic to cats, and a second could be lethal. One "extra

strength"
(500 mg) tablet can result in toxicosis."
I just learned this the hard way.


You ****ing idiot. One human dose of *anything* will kill a cat. Even

if
the stuff was safe for cats, a human dose on a cat would be like a human
taking twenty doses. Have you ever had to take 20 tablets lately? Or

do
you have a 160lb kittycat? And why the hell would you assume that what

is
safe for humans is safe for cats?

This has *got* to be a troll. Nobody is that stupid.




--
D. Scot Bryhan
3545 Austrian Pine Way, Apt 1A
Portage, MI 49024-3937
(269) 327-2389



  #2  
Old November 14th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default acetaminophen and cats

er, rather, was an f___ing idiot: Never again. Although we have used this
medicine in the past with large dogs that have had hip problems. But I
should have done a Google search first....
Again, thanks to all with words of kindness, to those more harsh: live and
let live.
Scot

wrote in message
m...
Original Message -----
From:
To: "AZ Nomad"
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 11:21 AM
Subject: acetaminophen and cats


We were using 1/8 of a tablet, and yes I am a ****ing idiot, not a

troll.
Scot

----- Original Message -----
From: "AZ Nomad"
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 10:53 PM
Subject: acetaminophen and cats


On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:35:02 GMT,

wrote:


Acetaminophen & Cats

All should be aware of the toxicity of acetaminophen in cats:
A quick Google search revealed that apparently Acetaminophen is very

toxic
to cats:

"Acetaminaphen, the main ingredient of Tylenol and several other

non-aspirin
pain relievers. It possesses both analgesic and antipyretic effects.

The
feline toxic dosage is 50-100 mg/kg. One regular-strength tablet (325

mg)
may be toxic to cats, and a second could be lethal. One "extra

strength"
(500 mg) tablet can result in toxicosis."
I just learned this the hard way.

You ****ing idiot. One human dose of *anything* will kill a cat. Even

if
the stuff was safe for cats, a human dose on a cat would be like a

human
taking twenty doses. Have you ever had to take 20 tablets lately? Or

do
you have a 160lb kittycat? And why the hell would you assume that

what
is
safe for humans is safe for cats?

This has *got* to be a troll. Nobody is that stupid.




--
D. Scot Bryhan
3545 Austrian Pine Way, Apt 1A
Portage, MI 49024-3937
(269) 327-2389





  #4  
Old November 14th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,930
Default acetaminophen and cats

Scott FYI not smart to post you personal information on the web idiots like
above can be a nuisance


  #5  
Old November 15th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Patty
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 74
Default acetaminophen and cats

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:23:15 GMT, Matthew wrote:

Scott FYI not smart to post you personal information on the web idiots like
above can be a nuisance


Excuse me, but I am not an idiot. Thank you very much.

Patty
  #6  
Old November 15th 06, 06:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,930
Default acetaminophen and cats


"Patty" wrote in message
...
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:23:15 GMT, Matthew wrote:

Scott FYI not smart to post you personal information on the web idiots
like
above can be a nuisance


Excuse me, but I am not an idiot. Thank you very much.

Patty


Did you see your name anywhere was it include in my post.
I was talking about AZ just because you post is above mine means nothing
It was not even listed by the server when I posted mine when you assume you
end up becoming the first 3 letters


  #7  
Old November 15th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Patty
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 74
Default acetaminophen and cats

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 05:04:25 GMT, Matthew wrote:

"Patty" wrote in message
...
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:23:15 GMT, Matthew wrote:

Scott FYI not smart to post you personal information on the web idiots
like
above can be a nuisance


Excuse me, but I am not an idiot. Thank you very much.

Patty


Did you see your name anywhere was it include in my post.
I was talking about AZ just because you post is above mine means nothing
It was not even listed by the server when I posted mine when you assume you
end up becoming the first 3 letters


Then maybe you should specify who you are calling an idiot. You said:

"Scott FYI not smart to post you personal information on the web idiots
like above can be a nuisance"

Ummmm since my post was above yours (and sent before yours timewise as
shown in the headers), what do you expect me to think? Perhaps you are the
real idiot.

Patty
  #8  
Old November 15th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 864
Default acetaminophen and cats

Patty wrote:
On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 05:04:25 GMT, Matthew wrote:


"Patty" wrote in message
. ..

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:23:15 GMT, Matthew wrote:


Scott FYI not smart to post you personal information on the web idiots
like
above can be a nuisance

Excuse me, but I am not an idiot. Thank you very much.

Patty


Did you see your name anywhere was it include in my post.
I was talking about AZ just because you post is above mine means nothing
It was not even listed by the server when I posted mine when you assume you
end up becoming the first 3 letters



Then maybe you should specify who you are calling an idiot. You said:

"Scott FYI not smart to post you personal information on the web idiots
like above can be a nuisance"

Ummmm since my post was above yours (and sent before yours timewise as
shown in the headers), what do you expect me to think? Perhaps you are the
real idiot.


Patty,

What is the problem? He addressed it to SCOTT, that's the first word in
his post.

He also properly linked the response to Scott's post, not to yours.
Doesn't your newsreader show the links?

You need to at least hide that chip on of your shoulder.

Rhonda

  #9  
Old November 15th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,930
Default acetaminophen and cats


"Patty"

snipped for being posted by a twit

Well welcome to the group since this is your first week here now you can
have a proper greeting
STFU and get over yourself


  #10  
Old November 15th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,930
Default acetaminophen and cats


"Rhonda" wrote in message
...
Patty wrote:
On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 05:04:25 GMT, Matthew wrote:


"Patty" wrote in message
...

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:23:15 GMT, Matthew wrote:


Scott FYI not smart to post you personal information on the web idiots
like
above can be a nuisance

Excuse me, but I am not an idiot. Thank you very much.

Patty

Did you see your name anywhere was it include in my post.
I was talking about AZ just because you post is above mine means nothing
It was not even listed by the server when I posted mine when you assume
you end up becoming the first 3 letters



Then maybe you should specify who you are calling an idiot. You said:

"Scott FYI not smart to post you personal information on the web idiots
like above can be a nuisance"

Ummmm since my post was above yours (and sent before yours timewise as
shown in the headers), what do you expect me to think? Perhaps you are
the
real idiot.


Patty,

What is the problem? He addressed it to SCOTT, that's the first word in
his post.

He also properly linked the response to Scott's post, not to yours.
Doesn't your newsreader show the links?

You need to at least hide that chip on of your shoulder.

Rhonda



Thanks Rhonda well said.
For that person that just started posting this week. She is already getting
off to a bad start. It is a good way to end up in a kill file or a good way
to start a good flaming

loading up the firewood and lighter fluid


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
acetaminophen and cats Cat health & behaviour 14 November 14th 06 11:37 PM
Megan how is Charlie today? -L. Cat health & behaviour 7 November 14th 06 05:23 PM
Try This at Home from The Daily Cat Matthew AKA NMR Cat anecdotes 3 April 8th 06 11:55 PM
HELP PLEASE: fever reducer for cats? Candace Cat health & behaviour 41 February 16th 06 06:32 PM
Swiffer Wetjet Rumor is False PawsForThought Cat health & behaviour 87 May 17th 04 10:06 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CatBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.