See you later, Pooka!

Old December 1st 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Roby

Default See you later, Pooka!

In 1994, I adopted a 4-month old brown tabby kitten. I named
him Pooka, taken from "Puccha" - the Sanskrit word for cat, so
says my Purina cat book. I fell in love with Pooka the moment
I first saw him, and he seemed to feel the same about me. We
were exactly right for each other.

Pooka grew up to be a very handsome fellow, with subtle markings
in brown and black and remarkably soft fur. He had more than a
little Maine Coon in him and that wonderfully gentle spirit they
have. He was my best friend, my constant companion, my kid in a
fur coat. We had many happy years together.

This morning, I took Pooka to the vet for that last time. Cancer
had taken its toll on my beloved pal and it was clear that he was
no longer enjoying life. He passed away quietly and gently, just
as he had lived. He was the best.

I know I'll see him again.

Old December 1st 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 17:11:34 -0500, Roby wrote:

In 1994, I adopted a 4-month old brown tabby kitten. I named
him Pooka, taken from "Puccha" - the Sanskrit word for cat, so
says my Purina cat book. I fell in love with Pooka the moment
I first saw him, and he seemed to feel the same about me. We
were exactly right for each other.

Pooka grew up to be a very handsome fellow, with subtle markings
in brown and black and remarkably soft fur. He had more than a
little Maine Coon in him and that wonderfully gentle spirit they
have. He was my best friend, my constant companion, my kid in a
fur coat. We had many happy years together.

This morning, I took Pooka to the vet for that last time. Cancer
had taken its toll on my beloved pal and it was clear that he was
no longer enjoying life. He passed away quietly and gently, just
as he had lived. He was the best.

I know I'll see him again.

"...Rise up slowly, Angel. It's hard to let you go..."
Sincere condolences. MLB

Old December 1st 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Roby" wrote in message
In 1994, I adopted a 4-month old brown tabby kitten. I named
him Pooka, taken from "Puccha" - the Sanskrit word for cat, so
says my Purina cat book. I fell in love with Pooka the moment
I first saw him, and he seemed to feel the same about me. We
were exactly right for each other.

Pooka grew up to be a very handsome fellow, with subtle markings
in brown and black and remarkably soft fur. He had more than a
little Maine Coon in him and that wonderfully gentle spirit they
have. He was my best friend, my constant companion, my kid in a
fur coat. We had many happy years together.

This morning, I took Pooka to the vet for that last time. Cancer
had taken its toll on my beloved pal and it was clear that he was
no longer enjoying life. He passed away quietly and gently, just
as he had lived. He was the best.

I know I'll see him again.

He sounds wonderful, and like he could not have found a better
friend than you. I am sorry for your loss.

Old December 1st 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

In article , roby@no-
address.net says...
In 1994, I adopted a 4-month old brown tabby kitten. I named
him Pooka, taken from "Puccha" - the Sanskrit word for cat, so
says my Purina cat book. I fell in love with Pooka the moment
I first saw him, and he seemed to feel the same about me. We
were exactly right for each other.

Pooka grew up to be a very handsome fellow, with subtle markings
in brown and black and remarkably soft fur. He had more than a
little Maine Coon in him and that wonderfully gentle spirit they
have. He was my best friend, my constant companion, my kid in a
fur coat. We had many happy years together.

This morning, I took Pooka to the vet for that last time. Cancer
had taken its toll on my beloved pal and it was clear that he was
no longer enjoying life. He passed away quietly and gently, just
as he had lived. He was the best.

I know I'll see him again.

Sorry to hear but he had some good years I'm sure. My condolences.

Old December 1st 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Buddy's Mom

So sorry to hear. Maine Coon's gentleness is something else, isn't it?
Almost like they are human.

Old December 2nd 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Roby

Thank you all!
Old December 2nd 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
barb

Pooka and you were lucky to have each other and you gave him a gentle end.
Some day, again...

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old December 2nd 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Eva Quesnell

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, Roby wrote:

In 1994, I adopted a 4-month old brown tabby kitten. I named
him Pooka, taken from "Puccha" - the Sanskrit word for cat, so
says my Purina cat book. I fell in love with Pooka the moment
I first saw him, and he seemed to feel the same about me. We
were exactly right for each other.

Pooka grew up to be a very handsome fellow, with subtle markings
in brown and black and remarkably soft fur. He had more than a
little Maine Coon in him and that wonderfully gentle spirit they
have. He was my best friend, my constant companion, my kid in a
fur coat. We had many happy years together.

This morning, I took Pooka to the vet for that last time. Cancer
had taken its toll on my beloved pal and it was clear that he was
no longer enjoying life. He passed away quietly and gently, just
as he had lived. He was the best.

I know I'll see him again.

Rest easy in knowing you did right by him to the very end. It sounds like
he was a wonderful kitty, and I believe you will see him again. You can
hold him close in your heart. I'm sorry you had to lose him, but take
heart and joy from having him with you all those years. Remember the good
times. Rest in peace, dear Pooka!

Eva