old cat don't like dirty litter box?

Old December 9th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
peter

Default old cat don't like dirty litter box?

I read somewhere that old cats don't like dirty litter box. This seems to be
confirm by my own 19 year old cat's behavior. She now goes to bathroom a few
feet from the litter box if it is not clean.

So, why is it that old cats don't like dirty litter box??

Old December 9th 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"peter" wrote in message
I read somewhere that old cats don't like dirty litter box. This seems to
be confirm by my own 19 year old cat's behavior. She now goes to bathroom a
few feet from the litter box if it is not clean.

So, why is it that old cats don't like dirty litter box??

No cats like dirty litter boxes.

It you don't like poop on the floor, keep your litter box clean.

I know a cat that poops in the middle of her owner's BED when the box is
dirty.

Old December 9th 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

"peter" wrote:

So, why is it that old cats don't like dirty litter box??

Why would any cat be expected to like a dirty box? Also why would you
want a box full of **** and **** sitting around?

Get the clumping, scoopable, flushable type of wheat litter and you
can scoop the lumps and flush several times a day.
-mhd

Old December 9th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
kraut

I read somewhere that old cats don't like dirty litter box. This seems to be
confirm by my own 19 year old cat's behavior. She now goes to bathroom a few
feet from the litter box if it is not clean.

So, why is it that old cats don't like dirty litter box??

None of mine like using a litter box that has not been cleaned whether
old or young. I can always tell when the box that my 15 year old
Kitty uses in the bedroom is dirty in the morning because she will
bite on my hand til I get up and the harder she bites the worse she
has to go.

Lets put it this way: Do you like using the toilet after a couple
others have used it and not flushed it??

Old December 9th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stick Waver

peter wrote:

I read somewhere that old cats don't like dirty litter box. This seems to be
confirm by my own 19 year old cat's behavior. She now goes to bathroom a few
feet from the litter box if it is not clean.

So, why is it that old cats don't like dirty litter box??

Is this a troll?

Scoop out the dang litter box at least once a day!
Old December 9th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sax_playa86

Alright, we're all going to use a toilet, and by all I mean every
single person on this group, and not flush it, then send you in to use
it and see what your reaction is.... Obviously the poor thing isn't
going to like a dirty litterbox.....

On a side note though, because I think a couple of you real pet lovers
might enjoy this, my old cat Spook absolutely hated the litterbox. He'd
use it, but couldn't stand it, so if you caught sight of him, he'd go
over, stand on all 4 corners of the box so he didn't have to touch the
litter, go to the bathroom then stand outside of it and cover it up,
looking like the world was coming to an end... We had to build him a
special little piece to go around the litterbox when he got older to
make it easier for him to balance around the edge...

Old December 10th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
2fingah

kraut wrote:

Lets put it this way: Do you like using the toilet after a couple
others have used it and not flushed it??

Jupiter is like that, she has zero tolerance for anything in the litter
box
Lucy on the other hand will bury crap with crap

somedays im gone ALL DAY LONG and don't get in till after dark

more times than not, I stop in to feed them and scoop the litter

Old December 11th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

wrote in message
"peter" wrote:

So, why is it that old cats don't like dirty litter box??

Why would any cat be expected to like a dirty box? Also why would you
want a box full of **** and **** sitting around?

Get the clumping, scoopable, flushable type of wheat litter and you
can scoop the lumps and flush several times a day.
-mhd

I used to use that, and it eventually clogged up the pipes in my house (not
just the toilet) over an extended period of time. The repair bill was well
over $100. The plumber told me not to flush *any kind* of cat litter
anymore, including the supposedly flushable wheat litter (which was the only
kind I ever flushed).
Best regards,
---Cindy S.