What breed of cat should my mom get?

Old December 9th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.support.depression
jordy

Default What breed of cat should my mom get?

My mom wants wants to get a cat that is short haired and will do
well in a 1 person apartment ... what breed of cats would you recommend
as best suited for that enviorment? thanks...

-"Jordy"

Old December 9th 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.support.depression
Claude V. Lucas

In article . com,
jordy wrote:

My mom wants wants to get a cat that is short haired and will do
well in a 1 person apartment ... what breed of cats would you recommend
as best suited for that enviorment? thanks...

-"Jordy"

A pound kitty.

Walk the rows and let one pick her...
Old December 9th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.support.depression
Cheryl

On Sat 09 Dec 2006 04:02:17p, jordy wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
oups.com:

My mom wants wants to get a cat that is short haired and
will do well in a 1 person apartment ... what breed of cats
would you recommend as best suited for that enviorment?
thanks...

-"Jordy"

The most versatile breed and does well in any situation is Domestic
Short Hair. Two variations are also nice breeds, Domestic Medium
Hair and Domestic Long Hair.

Seriously, though, any cat will do and the most important
characteristic is that they "click" together. Can your mom go
visit a shelter or a rescue group facility and see the cats that
need homes? In the US, most PetSmarts and PetCo stores have rescue
group adoption functions on the weekends. If you are in the US, the
best way to find out where these events are taking place is to go
to http://www.petfinder.org and put in your zip code. It will
return the animal rescue groups in your area, and further clicking
should lead you to "adoption events" or at least a phone number to
call to find out how to meet their cats.

Good luck.

--
Cheryl
Old December 9th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.support.depression
lisa in mass.

jordy wrote...

My mom wants wants to get a cat that is short haired
and will do
well in a 1 person apartment ... what breed of cats would
you recommend as best suited for that enviorment? thanks...

british shorthair? they're a calm breed. see:
http://www.fanciers.com/breed-faqs/british-sh-faq.html

-lisa
Old December 9th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.support.depression
Buddy's Mom

Maine Coons are a wonderful breed, but aren't exactly short haired, but
mine doesn't seem to shed that much. I think the important thing is to
NOT get a kitten for her. Pick out one that is at least 2-3 years old
and one that bonds with her.

jordy wrote...

Old December 9th 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Eva Quesnell

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006, Claude V. Lucas wrote:

In article . com,
jordy wrote:

My mom wants wants to get a cat that is short haired and will do
well in a 1 person apartment ... what breed of cats would you recommend
as best suited for that enviorment? thanks...

-"Jordy"

A pound kitty.

Walk the rows and let one pick her...

Absolutely! The best kitty is a pound kitty. Your mom gets
companionship. A kitty's life is saved. Win-win. Do walk the rows.
Pick the slightly more mature cat who puts his paw through the cage to
reach out for love.

Eva
Old December 9th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.support.depression
lisa in mass.

maine coons can really shed, especially in fall and spring.
their fine undercoat floats through the air in our house,
getting into everything.

-lisa

Buddy's Mom wrote...

Maine Coons are a wonderful breed, but aren't exactly short
haired, but mine doesn't seem to shed that much. I think
the important thing is to NOT get a kitten for her. Pick
out one that is at least 2-3 years old and one that bonds
with her.

jordy wrote...

Old December 9th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jordy

lisa in mass. wrote:
jordy wrote...

My mom wants wants to get a cat that is short haired
and will do
well in a 1 person apartment ... what breed of cats would
you recommend as best suited for that enviorment? thanks...

british shorthair? they're a calm breed. see:
http://www.fanciers.com/breed-faqs/british-sh-faq.html

-lisa

thanks for your responces everyone... I appreciate it...

-"Jordy"

Old December 10th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

jordy wrote:

My mom wants wants to get a cat that is short haired and will do
well in a 1 person apartment ... what breed of cats would you recommend
as best suited for that enviorment? thanks...

-"Jordy"

A pound kitty.

Walk the rows and let one pick her...

Absolutely! The best kitty is a pound kitty. Your mom gets
companionship. A kitty's life is saved. Win-win. Do walk the rows.
Pick the slightly more mature cat who puts his paw through the cage to
reach out for love.

That's how Bubba picked me...

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/Bubba/Bubba.html
Old December 10th 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Petzl

"jordy" wrote in message
oups.com
|| lisa in mass. wrote:
||| jordy wrote...
||| british shorthair? they're a calm breed. see:
||| http://www.fanciers.com/breed-faqs/british-sh-faq.html
||| -lisa
|| thanks for your responces everyone... I appreciate it...
|| -"Jordy"

The shortest hair cat I reckon would be a "Devon Rex" or "Cornish Rex"
http://tinyurl.com/yaosz7

--

Petzl