Cat Cries when he Throws Up

Old December 11th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IDzine01

Default Cat Cries when he Throws Up

My poor little kitty threw up this morning just before I had to leave
for work. Vomited all his breakfast and then dry-heaved afterward.
Unlike other cats I have had, he isn't much of a puker. This is only
the second time he has thrown up in a year and a half. The thing I
worry about is that this time (and the last time) he threw up he let
out a loud howl (like he's crying) before. I feel terrible because I
worry his stomach is in pain. After he was done his eyes were all
watery and he was scoping out the plants for something to chew on.
(Which of course I put away) I feel bad that I didn't have any cat
grass to settle his stomach.

Does anyone else here have a cat that cries when they throw up? Should
I pick him up some cat grass after work, or is it better to do without?

Thanks,
Christie

Old December 11th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

IDzine01 wrote:
My poor little kitty threw up this morning just before I had to leave
for work. Vomited all his breakfast and then dry-heaved afterward.
Unlike other cats I have had, he isn't much of a puker. This is only
the second time he has thrown up in a year and a half. The thing I
worry about is that this time (and the last time) he threw up he let
out a loud howl (like he's crying) before. I feel terrible because I
worry his stomach is in pain. After he was done his eyes were all
watery and he was scoping out the plants for something to chew on.
(Which of course I put away) I feel bad that I didn't have any cat
grass to settle his stomach.

Does anyone else here have a cat that cries when they throw up? Should
I pick him up some cat grass after work, or is it better to do without?

Thanks,
Christie

I would give your vet a call today and see what they say. The trouble
with vomiting is that it can mean so many things in cats, from
hairballs to something more serious. One of my cats never vomits so
when he does, I know something is wrong. Best to be safe and check it
out.

Rene

Old December 11th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"IDzine01" wrote in message
oups.com...
My poor little kitty threw up this morning just before I had to leave
for work. Vomited all his breakfast and then dry-heaved afterward.
Unlike other cats I have had, he isn't much of a puker. This is only
the second time he has thrown up in a year and a half. The thing I
worry about is that this time (and the last time) he threw up he let
out a loud howl (like he's crying) before. I feel terrible because I
worry his stomach is in pain. After he was done his eyes were all
watery and he was scoping out the plants for something to chew on.
(Which of course I put away) I feel bad that I didn't have any cat
grass to settle his stomach.

Does anyone else here have a cat that cries when they throw up? Should
I pick him up some cat grass after work, or is it better to do without?

Are you ever sick to your stomach? If so, you know that feeling you
have, where you feel so bad you are about to beg for death? The
feeling just before throwing up, for me, is the worst thing ever. I am
something of an expert on this too, because I believe I spent half of
my childhood throwing up. (And the other half having ear aches!)

Yes, my cat sometimes lets out a soulful, very hard to listen to howl
before she hurls.

Meanwhile, kitty may have been looking at the plants because he
munched on them and that is what made him throw up. I had to take
one cat to the vet she threw up so much in an hour's time, and I found
out it was from a plant she was eating.

Old December 11th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MoMo via CatKB.com

Neither of my cats throw up often either, but when they do, they let out a
deep cry right before and there has never been anything wrong. I think it
almost a "hey, this really sucks" kind of reaction.

Old December 11th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IDzine01

It sure IS hard to listen too. It's just the saddest thing... and ya
know, with all the kitty throw up I have contended with in my life, he
is the only one that has ever made a peep about it. Coincidentally, he
is the only male cat I have ever had in my life too. Maybe it's a
universal truth that boys are just bigger babies.

.... I joke, but really, I hope he's feeling better. If he is at all out
of sorts when I return home we will make a vet appointment. He was
acting very happy and affectionate before breakfast so I hope it was
just the food that didn't agree.

Old December 11th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"IDzine01" wrote in message
ups.com...
It sure IS hard to listen too. It's just the saddest thing... and ya
know, with all the kitty throw up I have contended with in my life, he
is the only one that has ever made a peep about it. Coincidentally, he
is the only male cat I have ever had in my life too. Maybe it's a
universal truth that boys are just bigger babies.

... I joke, but really, I hope he's feeling better. If he is at all out
of sorts when I return home we will make a vet appointment. He was
acting very happy and affectionate before breakfast so I hope it was
just the food that didn't agree.

Yes, I hope he will be better today. My little girl who does it is very
spoiled. I can just about hear her going, "MAAAAmAAAAA! I
don't FEEEEELLLL GOOOOOD!"

Check those house plants for nibbles, and look up the varieties that
are poisonous to cats.

Old December 11th 06, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mariib via CatKB.com

IDzine01 wrote:
My poor little kitty threw up this morning just before I had to leave
for work. Vomited all his breakfast and then dry-heaved afterward.
Unlike other cats I have had, he isn't much of a puker. This is only
the second time he has thrown up in a year and a half. The thing I
worry about is that this time (and the last time) he threw up he let
out a loud howl (like he's crying) before. I feel terrible because I
worry his stomach is in pain. After he was done his eyes were all
watery and he was scoping out the plants for something to chew on.
(Which of course I put away) I feel bad that I didn't have any cat
grass to settle his stomach.

Does anyone else here have a cat that cries when they throw up? Should
I pick him up some cat grass after work, or is it better to do without?

Thanks,
Christie

Only one of all the cats I've ever had does this & it's my young black &
white male - he throws up from time to time & lets out a very loud d-e-e-p
howl beforehand. It's alarming but passes quickly. His name is Little Devil -
he's not little at all now, but he got his name because of his personality &
behavior - he's always into things & places he shouldn't be & eats anything &
everything he finds - mushrooms, tomatoes, bread, plastic - you name it,
he'll eat it.

I wouldn't worry about your kitty unless he doesn't look good when you get
home & the vomiting continues.
M.

Old December 11th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Eva Quesnell

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, MoMo via CatKB.com wrote:

Neither of my cats throw up often either, but when they do, they let out a
deep cry right before and there has never been anything wrong. I think it
almost a "hey, this really sucks" kind of reaction.

Yes, my little black kitty says "anya" right before she hurls.

Eva

Old December 12th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IDzine01

Well, he turned out to be just fine. He didn't throw up any more after
I left (that I've seen) and was in good spirits when I returned,
purring, flipping over for belly rubs and stalking his favorite teddy
bear.

Thanks for your help.

Old December 12th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"IDzine01" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, he turned out to be just fine. He didn't throw up any more after
I left (that I've seen) and was in good spirits when I returned,
purring, flipping over for belly rubs and stalking his favorite teddy
bear.

Thanks for your help.

I'm so glad he's fine! Did you take a look at your househplants to see if
they are nibbled?