Change in Feeding

Old December 15th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Change in Feeding

I want to change my cat from a fixed feeding schedule to free feeding.
Today I doubled what I normally put in his bowl and he ate the whole
thing. How do you recommend that I make this change?

Thanks

KitKat's Mom...

http://homepage.mac.com/roxy6671/Kit...toAlbum21.html

Old December 15th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to change my cat from a fixed feeding schedule to free feeding.
Today I doubled what I normally put in his bowl and he ate the whole
thing. How do you recommend that I make this change?

Why are you changing?

Old December 15th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

KitKat's mom asked:

How do you recommend that I make this
change?

Dont!

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old December 16th 06, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Matthew" wrote in message
Use a feeder with a timer on it

That's scheduled feeding.

Old December 16th 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

I am thinking about changing because he tries to wake us up from 4:00
am until 6:30 am when the alarm clock goes off. He used to wait for
the alarm, but something has changed and it is driving me crazy.

On Dec 15, 6:55 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
wrote in ooglegroups.com...

I want to change my cat from a fixed feeding schedule to free feeding.
Today I doubled what I normally put in his bowl and he ate the whole
thing. How do you recommend that I make this change?Why are you changing?

Old December 16th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

I see you have strong feelings about this...can you please tell me why
you say don't?

KitKat's mom asked:

Old December 16th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

We considered that and have purchased two which have been unreliable.
Do you have a recommendation on one?

Old December 16th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am thinking about changing because he tries to wake us up from 4:00
am until 6:30 am when the alarm clock goes off. He used to wait for
the alarm, but something has changed and it is driving me crazy.

I put down food for Gracie when I go to bed, then as close as I can to 12
hours
later.