RINGO THE STRAY SUPER-STAR UPDATE

Old December 18th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Default RINGO THE STRAY SUPER-STAR UPDATE

Ringo has continued to delight us with his charm & party peice
tricks.He seems to have no end of them up his ginger sleeves too.I
continued to try & find out if anyone owned him by posting photos of
him all over the village,&yesterday I had a lady knock at the door
holding a flyer that we had posted.I had that horride feeling of dread
well up in my tummy because unintentionaly I had fallen head over heels
in love with him.A took a deep breath & tried to make myself feel
elated about the fact that we had found his owner...(but I couldn't if
I an truely honest....).....then out it came......

"Thank you so much for taking my dad's cat in & for caring for him as
well.As you may or may not know my father passed on recently & I took
him in.I have picked the cat up over 6 times & taken him home, but he
continues to make his way back to this area;it doesn't seem to matter
how hard I try, he won't stay with us.......I don't suppose there is
any chance you would consider keeping him,is there"?

I nearly jumped for joy, & actually did hug her too.I couldn't help
myself,it was reflex action!So we have ourselves a new true addition to
the family.I have to say that we are delighted about the prospect of
being able to keep him.The lady who came to see us yesterday & dropped
off a huge case of whisker cat meat as a thank you guesture for us
taking him on,this morning.I thanked her wholeheartedly as it will be a
huge help in ensuring that the communal cat bowls stay's over filled
all through christmas & told her all about them & invited her in to
meet the litter we took a few day's ago, as well as our own feline
family too.She seems more than happy with his new name & home & has
promised to drop by now and then to see Ringo too.
His former name was *Tiddles*....I think we will stick with the new
one....), & also that he is 6years old.His last injections were done
just over 12months ago,(his daddy got ill & never had the chance to
take him to get them done).He was castrated just over two years ago &
he was a stray that his neighbors abandoned him. He took him in @about
the same time too.
A very happy end to a very needy pussy cat,& a true xmas gift for us
all,& for him too I guess.A few more photo's for you
S.
http://picasaweb.google.com/sheelagh...pdateOnRingo02

Old December 18th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:25:10 GMT, "sheelagh"
wrote:

A very happy end to a very needy pussy cat,& a true xmas gift for us
all,& for him too I guess.A few more photo's for you
S.
http://picasaweb.google.com/sheelagh...pdateOnRingo02

I'm so happy this worked out!! How lovely that Ringo's former person came
by to let you know. I was nervous reading that!

Thanks for the photos - he is one handsome puss!

--
Lynne

Old December 18th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"sheelagh" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

YAYY! Hahaha! That is just great.

I nearly jumped for joy, & actually did hug her too.I couldn't help
myself,it was reflex action!So we have ourselves a new true addition to
the family. [snips]
http://picasaweb.google.com/sheelagh...pdateOnRingo02

Tiddles! I like Ringo better. I bet he misses his Dad. I know Ringo will
be happy with you.

Old December 18th 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"sheelagh" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ringo has continued to delight us with his charm & party peice
tricks.He seems to have no end of them up his ginger sleeves too.

That first, smiling photo is amazing! What a happy boy!

Old December 18th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

I'm so happy this worked out!! How lovely that Ringo's former person came
by to let you know. I was nervous reading that!

You & me both!!!?I was absolutely certain that she had come to claim
him,so when she asked if we would like to keep him,I was more than
happy to say yes,lol)
It was obvious that someone cared about him because he was no where
near as skinny as some of the visitors that we have that visit the
communal feeding bowls.And as you mentioned, even more suprising and
nice that she actually bothered to come and tell us where he came from
,& to point out that someone did care about him very much indeed..
Such a shame about his daddy,but life deals these unfortunate blows
that happen to cats too.I am just glad that he chose us to share his
life with us )

Thanks for the photos - he is one handsome puss!

You are most welcome-It is nice to have someone to share the story with
too.He reminds me of the cheshire cat, out of Alice in wonderland.Full
of smiling pussy cat grins(like the cat that got to the cream first)
S.

Old December 18th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

"sheelagh" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Oh my! What a gorgeous ginger boy - I'm jealous!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 18th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

cybercat wrote:
YAYY! Hahaha! That is just great.

I think that we are really lucky that he chose our door to knock on 1st

Tiddles! I like Ringo better. I bet he misses his Dad. I know Ringo will
be happy with you

Now this one is something that both you and I agree wholeheartedly
on..It was everything I could do not to laugh when she told me-I simply
couldn't imagine hanging out of the window to shout ,*Tiddles, where
are you"????!!!
I agree with you.I have followed him a couple of times to see where he
goes when he goes out on walkies.He nip's back to a communal green
outside the front his old daddy's house.I feel for him,but not much I
can do other than be here for him when he wants cuddles,care,&love.At
his age, It must be difficult to adapt as quickly as a younger cat
might.
He seems happy enough & comes home with regularity.I think he is
happy-If the grin on his face is anything to go by, he must be,he is
full of grins & has loads of purr's for all of us too.In fact you only
have to talk to him, & he is on off like a V8 engine.
Incidentally, we got his bloods back today & he has the all clear.I am
sooo Pleased.In my heart I was a little worride that he might have a
few problems,but it is not the case at all.
From what *Dora*, told us, her dad died in September, so he has been

wondering around ever since then.She actually lives about 1.5miles away
from us..it is amazing to think that he continued to make that treck
nearly once a week just to get back to "his patch".We were ever so
grateful for the case of food she brought over as well;I don't need to
even think whether the cats from the community bowl will be grateful
for it,I know they will
It is ever so cold outside tonight(-3) over here tonight, so we have
set up 3extra blanket-boxes under the porch for the regulars with room
to spare for another couple if they need them.
I have a question to pose for anyone who reads this one?

I know of one particular cat that I know would love to come and stay
over,& is in obvious need of the box shelter too-but she seems too
timid to even contemplate taking up the offer of shelter.I don't know
what I can do to encourage her to take us up that chance?She is
frightened of both humans, and other cats especially.She trusts us
enough to eat out of the bowls once the door is shut, but the moment
another person or cat shows up, she is off like a bullet!I have even
tried moving the bowl & shelter box further away from the other
ones,but it makes no difference @ all-Any thoughts on this one?

Old December 18th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Oh my! What a gorgeous ginger boy - I'm jealous!

Hugs,

CatNipped

No need, we have told him all about you, so rest assured that he is
sending you loads of purr's & some lucious leg rub's too,lol,
S.)

Old December 18th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Ross Mc Master

What a beauty! You're one lucky woman.

Old December 19th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

I love his smile--he just exudes personality! Lucky Ringo and lucky you!

Bonnie