Why does my cat pee after I vacuum?

Old December 19th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
earnshavian

Default Why does my cat pee after I vacuum?

My cat happily pees in her litter box 99% of the time but any time I
vacuum or any time I change her litter (with the same brand of litter
and bags) she will inevitably pee on the floor. I have heard of cats
who will pee on the floor if things are too dirty in the litter tray
but has anyone else seen this behavior?

Old December 19th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
santa claus

earnshavian wrote:
My cat

what a mess

after all them dental bills and braces and enemas

cat rules!

turn freak on her one time
you are whipped

yeaaaahhh she's got it baaaad

Old December 19th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

earnshavian wrote:
My cat happily pees in her litter box 99% of the time but any time I
vacuum or any time I change her litter (with the same brand of litter
and bags) she will inevitably pee on the floor. I have heard of cats
who will pee on the floor if things are too dirty in the litter tray
but has anyone else seen this behavior?

she might be trying to re-mark her territory after you have removed her
scent when you vacuum the place or remove the used litter from her box.
don't know how to stop her doing it though, maybe don't vacuum so
vigourously next time? or perhaps leave a little of the old litter in
the tray when you change it next so her scent is still there?

Old December 22nd 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
rachel polanskis

In article . com,
"earnshavian" wrote:

My cat happily pees in her litter box 99% of the time but any time I
vacuum or any time I change her litter (with the same brand of litter
and bags) she will inevitably pee on the floor. I have heard of cats
who will pee on the floor if things are too dirty in the litter tray
but has anyone else seen this behavior?

Sounds like a nervous condition to me. Cleo Carrington Smith
hides in the bed if I drag the vac out but thankfully doesn't pee.

Some cats urinate under stress conditions. It is obvious your cat is
terrified of the vac. Also try leaving a little of the soiled
litter in the box next time (with the fresh stuff) and see if your
cat will still use it.

She may be feeling stressed and threatened - try putting the litter
box in a quiet location where she has privacy, or get one of those
hooded ones.

Finally, talk to your cat, explain what you want until she
gets the idea. I have found that talking to my cat a lot has
produced a very relaxed and secure feline.

rachel
Old December 23rd 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

On Fri 22 Dec 2006 11:14:40a, rachel polanskis wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav news:grove-70CC03.03144023122006
@vulcan.virago.org.au:

Finally, talk to your cat, explain what you want until she
gets the idea. I have found that talking to my cat a lot has
produced a very relaxed and secure feline.

I believe this, too. Maybe they don't understand all the words, but
maybe they do. I think it's more that they relate a calm voice with
what just happened to upset them.

--
Cheryl