[Possible TW] Natasha has Appointment this Afternoon

Old December 19th 06, 01:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne

Default [Possible TW] Natasha has Appointment this Afternoon

When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
happy.

Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
most people here know what I'm talking about.

So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
3:00 EST this afternoon.

Jeanne Hedge
posting via Google

Old December 19th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt

Default Natasha has Appointment this Afternoon

Jeanne skrev:

Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
most people here know what I'm talking about.

So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
3:00 EST this afternoon.

Jeanne Hedge
posting via Google

Jeanne dear, I think you may be right.
I let Hugo Katt wait too long and I have regretted it ever since.

HUGS for both of you!!!
Elisabet (trying to stop tears)

Old December 19th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old December 19th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"Jeanne" wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

I'm so sorry to hear that Jeanne. It's always hard to lose a loved one, but
it's especially hard to lose them at Christmastime. Purrs for a peaceful
journey to the bridge for Natasha, and for you and your breaking heart.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 19th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie and Sam

Awww Jeanne, I am so very sorry. Please give Natasha a scritch from us.
I'm sitting at my desk crying for both you and Natasha - I'm going to
have to go outside for a moment so no one questions my tears. I'll light
a candle to help guide her on her journey and another for your poor
breaking heart. You are giving her the gift of love, but I'm sure it
doesn't feel that way at the moment. I am sure my Selena will be
waiting at the Bridge to greet her.

Hugs and scritches,
Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old December 19th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Randy

"Jeanne" wrote:
[...]

Purrs for Natasha.

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Old December 19th 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Jeanne" wrote:
[...]

That would be a *definite* TW. I seldom hear anything so sad. But
I'm glad she told you - that must be a comfort. I'll be thinking of
you both today.

Old December 19th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Dear Jeanne,

Am 19.12.2006 schrieb Jeanne:

Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
most people here know what I'm talking about.

So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
3:00 EST this afternoon.

I'm really sorry to read this post. But you make a loving and caring
decission for Natasha. When she stopped eating and drinking, she gave
you a sign. And your description of her behavior lets me think, that
she said good-bye to everything. You do the right thing.

When our Pim (21) gave 'the sign' we didn't see it and he suffered
more than neccessary. We regret it deeply.

We will light a candle for Natasha's safe trip to the bridge and we
will think of you in this bitter hour.

Purrs and hugs
Inge & Volker and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge
Old December 19th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Jeanne wrote:

Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
most people here know what I'm talking about.

I'm so so sorry, Jeanne. The tears are streaming down my face as this
reminds me of Frank's last day. Many purrs on the way for you both. It's
such a hard decision to make, but you know that it's time. Please give
your girl a last scritch from me.

Old December 19th 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat