cat licks air

Old December 20th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default cat licks air

So, what does the vet say? I am making an appt for my kitty tomorrow,
she is insane. I can pat her back side as HARD as I can and she will
take it, she will lick the air and purr loudly. When I say slap her
backside, I mean HARDER than you can imagine, she loves it! There has
to be a problem, freaky cat.

Old December 20th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Wed, 20 Dec 2006 04:25:16 GMT, Maxine G wrote:

I've met a lot of cats who lick the air or whatever's in front of them
if you pet or scratch them right in front of their tails. Not as
strange as you think.

My little manx, Calvin, would lick his chest if you scratched him right in
front of his tail stump. Late in his life he would do it so obsessively
and with the lightest touch anywhere near that area that we stopped
touching him there. It seemed like some kind of OCD behavior and cruel to
trigger it.

--
Lynne

Old December 20th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"MoMo via CatKB.com" u27647@uwe wrote in message news:6b0bd2be1c39d@uwe...
That is completely normal behavior. Dogs do that as well when you pet
them
right above their tails.

In cats it is called feline hyperesthesia. It is very uncomfortable for
them.
The hallmark is, they will eventually bite their forelegs. Many vocalize.
Our boo is one of them. She "sings." Our vet said not to mess with it.
(But it is hard not to. She is hilarious. She points her nose at the sky
and closes her eyes and wags her head like a blind bluesman. "Mow,"
she says. Dramatic pause. "Mow, mow, MOW ..."

Old December 21st 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"santa claus" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
So, what does the vet say?

forgive me heather

why are you slapping the cat?
cause you can't pull her through you?
is that a love tap?
don't do that

see, all the nerves in a cats body gather near the base of the tail (on
the back)

cats actually love being petted there, but you have to graduate to this
area
it also depends on the hair there. if it's flat and course.. and you go
tousing it up
you will probably get some nips from the cat, if the hair is fine
there... just be...
warm handed etc...

licking the air????

i know you won't answer and tell the truth
but did the air licking start before or after the spankings

cause the last time bigbad had his ass spanked... my eyes AND mouth!
went open...
i too! was mouthing the air... gasping...

But you liked it didn't you that was why your mouth was open you were
gasping out do it again ;-)

tell the ****ing truth and save a vet bill

send me the damn money

i oughta bust your ass for hitting the damn cat

you got a terrible displacing of malice going on there

YOU WANNA HURT SOMETHING?

go **** up a tree, but don't hit the cat

*take your damn cat to the vet

DON'T TELL THEM WHAT YOU TOLD HERE!