Kitten Update

Old December 26th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lady J USA

Default Kitten Update

I think the litte guy that I found on my doorstep is doing better.
Yesterday he had diarea, still had blood in the stool though. but after
a while his pooping eased up completely. When I went to get him fresh
water I did notice the water was yellow, I was wondering maybe he was
peeing in his water? The water was clear this morning when I checked
again.
Would it be better if I just gave him soft canned food, or just hard
cat food? With the hard cat food I was giving him it was hard to tell
if it was indeed blood in the stool or just the dye in the food. He has
never epaered weak he is very playful, and loving. Any advice?

Thanks,

Old December 26th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lady J USA" wrote in message
ups.com...
I think the litte guy that I found on my doorstep is doing better.
Yesterday he had diarea, still had blood in the stool though. but after
a while his pooping eased up completely. When I went to get him fresh
water I did notice the water was yellow, I was wondering maybe he was
peeing in his water? The water was clear this morning when I checked
again.
Would it be better if I just gave him soft canned food, or just hard
cat food? With the hard cat food I was giving him it was hard to tell
if it was indeed blood in the stool or just the dye in the food. He has
never epaered weak he is very playful, and loving. Any advice?

Soft cat food has to be better. Do you have kitten food?

Old December 26th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lady J USA

cybercat wrote:
"Lady J USA" wrote in message
ups.com...
I think the litte guy that I found on my doorstep is doing better.
Yesterday he had diarea, still had blood in the stool though. but after
a while his pooping eased up completely. When I went to get him fresh
water I did notice the water was yellow, I was wondering maybe he was
peeing in his water? The water was clear this morning when I checked
again.
Would it be better if I just gave him soft canned food, or just hard
cat food? With the hard cat food I was giving him it was hard to tell
if it was indeed blood in the stool or just the dye in the food. He has
never epaered weak he is very playful, and loving. Any advice?

Soft cat food has to be better. Do you have kitten food?

I was planning on picking some up today. I am thinking of picking up
some wormer as well.

Old December 26th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail

You should take a stool sample to the vet and have him/her give you the
wormer you need. I do not trust the over the counter ones.
Gail
"Lady J USA" wrote in message
ups.com...

cybercat wrote:
ups.com...

Old December 26th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lady J USA" wrote in message
ups.com...

Soft cat food has to be better. Do you have kitten food?

I was planning on picking some up today.

Excellent. Canned is better for him. I'm glad he seems to be
feeling better.

I am thinking of picking up
some wormer as well.

Be really careful with these OTC things. Kittens are so
fragile.

Old December 26th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bluemaxx

Default DON'T BUY OTC WORMER Kitten Update

The diarrhea the kitten has could be caused by any number of things...
worms, a reaction to any shots given by the vet of his previous owners; a
medical condition and even a change of diet, especially if you're not
feeding him the same thing that his previous owners did.

I don't know what your financial state is... but GET THE KITTEN TO A VET.
THEY'RE OPEN NOW. IT'S NO LONGER A HOLIDAY. Tell the vet that the kitten
is a stray that you found on your doorstep. Then ask him to please give you
a reduction in his fees because you're still looking for it's owner, but
worried about the kitten's health.

Then place a "FOUND" ad in the newspaper.... they're free.

"Lady J USA" wrote in message
ups.com...
:
: cybercat wrote:
: ups.com...

Old December 27th 06, 04:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

bluemaxx wrote:

The diarrhea the kitten has could be caused by any number of things...
worms, a reaction to any shots given by the vet of his previous owners; a
medical condition and even a change of diet, especially if you're not
feeding him the same thing that his previous owners did.

I don't know what your financial state is... but GET THE KITTEN TO A VET.
THEY'RE OPEN NOW. IT'S NO LONGER A HOLIDAY. Tell the vet that the kitten
is a stray that you found on your doorstep. Then ask him to please give you
a reduction in his fees because you're still looking for it's owner, but
worried about the kitten's health.

Then place a "FOUND" ad in the newspaper.... they're free.

"Lady J USA" wrote in message
ups.com...
:
: cybercat wrote:
: "Lady J USA" wrote in message
: ups.com...
[...]

27 From: sheelagh - view profile
Date: Tues, Dec 26 2006 7:34 pm
Email: "sheelagh"
Groups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Don't buy over-the-counter preparations for parasites. They can be
ineffective and sometimes dangerous. Be sure to get the medication from
your vet.

MaryL

HOW TO MAKE A CAT GAIN WEIGHT AS OPPOSED TO LOOSING IT

I will Mary.I learnt that lesson the hard way.About 10 years ago, I got

some over the counter product(I think it was Pendings kitten wormer
soloution in a bottle),& gave some to a litter of kittens that one of
our visitors kindly decided to have in our garage.I made absolutely
sure that I followed the instructions to the letter, but about 12hours
later, the kittens started dying,one by one,the whole litter of kittens

died.I called the vet, who took the remaining kitten into clinic,&
after a post mortum,she told me that they had dehydrated & starved to
death because a of a huge worm infestation-It was riddled with every
type of worm you care to mention!!
It was a terrible thing to happen & to this day I still feel dreadful
about it & responsible too-but it did serve a as very good lesson to
me-you should never give any internal product to a kitten or cat
without consulting your vet first!!!
I still feel shamed about this story, but if my shame helps any single
person learn from my mistake, then it was worth sharing it with you..
****~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~*****
A bit of cross posting here.I was asking for advice about one of my
cat's that doesn't seem to be gaining any weight, even though I have
tried every single thing I know on how to make a cat gain
weight.Despite everything I have tried, nothing seems to be working...&
the advice I have been given as you can see above is to take her back
to my vet & ask for a stool sample to be checked just in case she
happens to have a type of worm that is not covered by drontal,which is
what she was prescribed the last time I took her.

Another piece of advice was ensure that the stool sample that I take to
the vet needs to be as fresh as is humanly possible too~apparently it
helps to diagnose the type of worm that it might be(possibly tape
worm).Once analised, the vet will be able to give you the appropriate
medication to ensure that the paracite is killed off asap.

I can quite understand that you might not have planned on having to
spend out money on a kitten that is not actually your own,or that you
chose for this situation to happen to you too...But take the advice
that I read in an earlier posting to you(think it was cybercat??)
As for the vet to take into consideration that you are not actually the
owner of the cat,but that you are concerned enough to ensure the
kittens wellbeing~ they might suprise you, as mine did me a few days
ago when she charged me nothing to treat a stray,merely for the drugs
and the shots that she administered to the cat involved.If it panns out
that you do have to pay a little bit for the consultation, you will
find that you feel a lot better about yourself & you will sleep @ night
in the knowledge that you did the right thing...

If you do find the owner, I am more than certain that if they care
anything about the kitty that has strayed, they will be more than happy
to remburse you for the treatment that you paid for too;if not,welcome
to being a cat owner.I am afraid that it comes with the
territory.Nevertheless, if you do end up with a new cat,I am sure that
you would want the best for your cat,wouldn't you?
If I find the story that I relate to above,(still shames me to this day
& cringe in horror inside as well) gets through to one single person,
then it will be worth the shame of admitting that it happened to
me.Make that appointment,please?
I look forward to hearing how you get on too & wish you good
Luck.Everyone here will feel the same way & would also love to hear how
you got on as well.
Best of Luck "o"
S.)
..

Old December 27th 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
addicted

Lady J USA wrote:

Would it be better if I just gave him soft canned food, or just hard
cat food? With the hard cat food I was giving him it was hard to tell
if it was indeed blood in the stool or just the dye in the food. He has
never epaered weak he is very playful, and loving. Any advice?

Thanks,

wish I had a million bux, i'd paypal you a couple hundred to help get
him either placed or settled in..

Old December 27th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lady J USA

bluemaxx wrote:
The diarrhea the kitten has could be caused by any number of things...
worms, a reaction to any shots given by the vet of his previous owners; a
medical condition and even a change of diet, especially if you're not
feeding him the same thing that his previous owners did.

I don't know what your financial state is... but GET THE KITTEN TO A VET.
THEY'RE OPEN NOW. IT'S NO LONGER A HOLIDAY. Tell the vet that the kitten
is a stray that you found on your doorstep. Then ask him to please give you
a reduction in his fees because you're still looking for it's owner, but
worried about the kitten's health.

Then place a "FOUND" ad in the newspaper.... they're free.

"Lady J USA" wrote in message
ups.com...
:
: cybercat wrote:
: "Lady J USA" wrote in message
: ups.com...
[...]

Called the vetin town but he had the "There is nothing I can do
attidute" So am looking to see if another vet will look at him.

Old December 28th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MoMo via CatKB.com

Isn't it amazing how vet's are supposed to love animals but all that half of
them out there see is a dollar sign!? So frustrating!

Please keep up updated on kitty's progress and good luck!

Lady J USA wrote:
The diarrhea the kitten has could be caused by any number of things...
worms, a reaction to any shots given by the vet of his previous owners; a

[quoted text clipped - 26 lines]