Levi is growing up

Old January 2nd 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Default Levi is growing up

I can't believe it's almost time to neuter this baby! Tomorrow I will be
calling to schedule the procedure for either the end of this month or the
first part of February. I hope it doesn't change his personality at all.

When I got Rudy neutered I was horrified that no sutures were used. It was
weird to see his little furry ball sack just OPEN like that. Back when I
had my other two boys, sutures were used on both of them and it was common
practice. I'm not looking forward to the open, floppy pouch again.

Right now Levi is asleep in the crook of my arm and making little lip
smacking suckling noises while he sleeps.

--
Lynne

"First get your facts; then you may distort them at your leisure."
-- Mark Twain
Old January 2nd 07, 08:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

"Lynne" wrote in message
m...
When I got Rudy neutered I was horrified that no sutures were used. It
was
weird to see his little furry ball sack just OPEN like that. Back when I
had my other two boys, sutures were used on both of them and it was common
practice. I'm not looking forward to the open, floppy pouch again.

Egads, I wouldn't be, either! It's been a couple of years since any of my
cats were neutered and the vet used a surgical glue so no floppy bits. As
far as personality, I've not noticed much of a change in personality and
whatever changes were for the better as in not quite so wild! It's hard to
believe he's old enough to neuter. Is he still attached to you at the lip?!

Bonnie

Old January 2nd 07, 12:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Lynne wrote:
I can't believe it's almost time to neuter this baby! Tomorrow I will be
calling to schedule the procedure for either the end of this month or the
first part of February. I hope it doesn't change his personality at all.

Goodness, I am suprised that the time has wound round so quickly for
you?!
How Old Is Rudy now?The reason I ask this question is because most vets
over here, do not like to perform this proceedure until the cat Is
about 5-6 months old.Not all vets share this view, however the vast
majority do feel this way.
I consider myself very lucky to have a vet that will do It earlier If I
ask her to.
When I asked her why they feel this way, she told me that there are
2reasons they don't like to.The 1st Is that bring so much younger, they
worry about performing ther ansthetic when they are so young, & the
2nd, is that sometimes, people have this proceedure done, then come to
regret having done it.I am must be honest, I have no idea why they
would regret It...

When I got Rudy neutered I was horrified that no sutures were used. It was
weird to see his little furry ball sack just OPEN like that. Back when I
had my other two boys, sutures were used on both of them and it was common
practice. I'm not looking forward to the open, floppy pouch again.

This is a new one to me & If this was the case, I wonder why they leave
It open?I think that I would be horrified too.The last puss cat that I
had done was a little male black & white visitor that I have at my
community feeding bowl.When I took him to be done, I noticed that they
no longer stitched him, but used durgical glue on him.I thought It was
quite a clever Idea.He still comes to visit most days, so he can't hold
too much of a grudge against me.I did offer him a home, but he is a bit
set in his ways, & still enjoys several hearths in the area.I have even
noticed him in my neighbors stairs window.The main thing Is that he is
now fixed, & that he has also become a lot bigger & cleaner too.
Before the proceedure, he used to spray everything in sight-but now he
only does it If he feels threatend or he can smell a previous markings.

Right now Levi is asleep in the crook of my arm and making little lip
smacking suckling noises while he sleeps.

Oh...Bless him.
I loved the last installment of photos of him & the rest of your family
as well, Including Rudi .Thank you for sharing them with us & good luck
with the proceedure.I don't think that he won't change very much at
all...only perhaps to love you all the more..for lack of desire to do
anything else other than love you all,because he won't have any
interest in chasing young floosies at all.He has one of those unique
wonderful charecter's..It Is obviously clear in the photos that you
share with us,lol
S)

Old January 2nd 07, 02:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Tue, 02 Jan 2007 07:39:36 GMT, "22brix"
wrote:

Egads, I wouldn't be, either! It's been a couple of years since any
of my cats were neutered and the vet used a surgical glue so no floppy
bits. As far as personality, I've not noticed much of a change in
personality and whatever changes were for the better as in not quite
so wild! It's hard to believe he's old enough to neuter. Is he still
attached to you at the lip?!

I'll have to ask the vet about surgical glue. That open pouch really
creeped me out!

And yes, my little wild man is still attached to me at the lip. He also
sleeps either on my head or right next to my face. I have to admit, I'm a
sucker for a warm, purring ball of fluff.

Old January 2nd 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Tue, 02 Jan 2007 11:13:51 GMT, "sheelagh"
wrote:

The reason I ask this question is because most
vets over here, do not like to perform this proceedure until the cat
Is about 5-6 months old.Not all vets share this view, however the vast
majority do feel this way.

He'll be 6 months old when he is neutered.

I consider myself very lucky to have a vet that will do It earlier If
I ask her to.
When I asked her why they feel this way, she told me that there are
2reasons they don't like to.The 1st Is that bring so much younger,
they worry about performing ther ansthetic when they are so young, &
the 2nd, is that sometimes, people have this proceedure done, then
come to regret having done it.I am must be honest, I have no idea why
they would regret It...

Yeah, that's nuts. But having a cat done early is becoming more and more
common, and I think with all the morons adopting cats in this country
it's a very wise thing to do. There are far too many unwanted kittens as
it is.

This is a new one to me & If this was the case, I wonder why they
leave It open?I think that I would be horrified too.The last puss cat
that I had done was a little male black & white visitor that I have at
my community feeding bowl.When I took him to be done, I noticed that
they no longer stitched him, but used durgical glue on him.

I'm definitely going to request this.

Oh...Bless him.
I loved the last installment of photos of him & the rest of your
family as well, Including Rudi .Thank you for sharing them with us &
good luck with the proceedure.I don't think that he won't change very
much at all...only perhaps to love you all the more..for lack of
desire to do anything else other than love you all,because he won't
have any interest in chasing young floosies at all.He has one of those
unique wonderful charecter's..It Is obviously clear in the photos that
you share with us,lol
S)

Thanks, Sheelagh. Now the only floosy he'll want to chase is me! ;-)

Old January 2nd 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Thanks, Sheelagh. Now the only floosy he'll want to chase is me! ;-)

Of course!!!!
S)

Old January 2nd 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

m...
wrote:

And yes, my little wild man is still attached to me at the lip. He also
sleeps either on my head or right next to my face. I have to admit, I'm a
sucker for a warm, purring ball of fluff.

Aren't we all! I'm a light sleeper so I only have one cat sleeping with me.
She's very sweet and mellow but she'll sniff and lick my face very
gently--sometimes purring and snorfling in my ear (a lovely way to wake up)
or my personal favorite--the whisker up the nostril. The joys of being
owned by a cat!

Bonnie