Oh, come ON! Blueberries???

Old January 2nd 07, 10:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default Oh, come ON! Blueberries???

Meep is a very fussy eater, and normally isn't interested in any people
foods ('cept Parmesan cheese)...

I'd just finished a little punnet of blueberries, and when I reached
down to pet her, she was absolutely fascinated by the smell... when I
offered her the empty punnet, you'da thought it had catnip...

Blueberries? My cat likes the smell of BLUEBERRIES?

She's. very. weird. ::sigh::

Anyway. Are blueberries dangerous to cats, if I wanted to see if she'd
actually *eat* one?

jmc
Old January 2nd 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

jmc wrote:
Meep is a very fussy eater, and normally isn't interested in any people
foods ('cept Parmesan cheese)...

I'd just finished a little punnet of blueberries, and when I reached
down to pet her, she was absolutely fascinated by the smell... when I
offered her the empty punnet, you'da thought it had catnip...

Blueberries? My cat likes the smell of BLUEBERRIES?

She's. very. weird. ::sigh::

Anyway. Are blueberries dangerous to cats, if I wanted to see if she'd
actually *eat* one?

one of my cats, Flossie, used to love tinned sweetcorn, and she lived
to the ripe old age of 19 so it can't have done her that much harm
bookie

Old January 2nd 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

"bookie" wrote:

Anyway. Are blueberries dangerous to cats, if I wanted to see if she'd
actually *eat* one?

one of my cats, Flossie, used to love tinned sweetcorn, and she lived
to the ripe old age of 19 so it can't have done her that much harm
bookie

What does corn have to do with blueberries?

-mhd
Old January 2nd 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

jmc wrote:

Anyway. Are blueberries dangerous to cats, if I wanted to see if she'd
actually *eat* one?

Okay, back to your question, hehe, I wouldn't think a blueberry here or
there would hurt. Wellness puts them into their canned cat food (along
with cranberries...)

Rhonda

Old January 2nd 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

Rhonda wrote:

Okay, back to your question, hehe, I wouldn't think a blueberry here or
there would hurt. Wellness puts them into their canned cat food (along
with cranberries...)

Years ago Spillers (I think) made a tinned food that was tuna in tomato
sauce- Hey! We got a voucher for a free tin so we tried it...expecting
noses to be turned up at it...Fugazi and Isis (both RB) hoovered it up!

Then for Xmas they did one with turkey and cranberry sauce..they both
turned their noses up at the dried food they'd always preferred! They
licked the bowl so hard it travelled 30 feet in pursuit of the lovely
stuff!

They almost cried when they stopped making that brand!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 3rd 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

"bookie" wrote:

wrote:
"bookie" wrote:

Anyway. Are blueberries dangerous to cats, if I wanted to see if she'd
actually *eat* one?

one of my cats, Flossie, used to love tinned sweetcorn, and she lived
to the ripe old age of 19 so it can't have done her that much harm
bookie

What does corn have to do with blueberries?

-mhd

just pointing out that cats eat odd things you wouldn't normally expect
of them but often it does them no harm, sorry for trying to contribute,
jesus f*cking christ! we at a certain time of the month hamandcheese?

Hey dip**** - you practical told the OP to go ahead because your cat
eats corn. Does that same advice apply to onions?

-mhd
Old January 3rd 07, 04:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Lesley wrote:
Rhonda wrote:

Okay, back to your question, hehe, I wouldn't think a blueberry here or
there would hurt. Wellness puts them into their canned cat food (along
with cranberries...)

Years ago Spillers (I think) made a tinned food that was tuna in tomato
sauce- Hey! We got a voucher for a free tin so we tried it...expecting
noses to be turned up at it...Fugazi and Isis (both RB) hoovered it up!

Then for Xmas they did one with turkey and cranberry sauce..they both
turned their noses up at the dried food they'd always preferred! They
licked the bowl so hard it travelled 30 feet in pursuit of the lovely
stuff!

They almost cried when they stopped making that brand!

there are some treats available at a pet shop I visited the other day
which have cranberries in them, maybe to help with their urinary
problems as it can do in humans (cystitis)? can't remember the brand or
anything.

thinking about the tuna in tomato sauce thing, when one cat i had was
temporarily off his food for a few days (would lick the gravy off
chunks at most, turned out to be build up stuff on his teeth making it
painful to chew) a vet friend said to try him on pilchards or sardines
in tomato sauce, normal human foods, and if he didn't eat those them he
MUST be unwell and to bring him in. the vet seemed to think that cats
viewed the above fishy foods as we would chocolate or something (in my
case ben and jerry's ice cream, i am never too ill to eat that) and
that a cat turnign their nose up at it indicated something was badly
wrong.

thing is jasper, cat in question at the time, didn't fancy pilchards or
sardines in tomato sauce even when his teeth had been cleaned and he
was back to normal eating, so this little 'test' did not work on him.
cats are all different, Bookie