Meerkat Manor--I'm WRECKED

Old January 9th 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
yngver

Default Meerkat Manor--I'm WRECKED

On Jan 8, 12:09 pm, "Matthew" wrote:
"dgk" wrote in messagenews:ad15q2lgu6ctdsovi0olbhndtk04epaqa7@4ax .com...

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 12:29:07 -0500, "Matthew"
wrote:

"kraut" wrote in message
. ..

You can get something to watch it on your computer that removes the
region
block on it

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

Yes, thanks, but I want it on the TV. I'll look around.

I could never understand why someone would want to watch movies on a
computer when you can pop it in the VCR or DVD player and watch it on
the tele.

For me my computer screen is just about as big as my TV

Ah, not the case here. A plain old 17" monitor. The TV is 31", old
style LowDef. I do have a hi def one but it's 26 inches and is in the
computer room. It is really sharp but I still like the 31. It's also
more cozy to watch in the living room.

My house really isn't big enough for a giant TV. When prices come down
some more I might get a bigger one than I have. But then what do I do
with this one?

I don't want a giant TV the masters find any place that have an warm spot
to relax all day. I went to a flat screen monitor to keep them off of it
since the fur burned the other one up. I am constantly cleaning the cable
box out so we won't have a meltdown

Ours isn't all that big--a 42 inch plasma which is basically just wider
than the 32 inch regular tv we used to have (since they measure
diagonally) but I don't find it gets all that warm and one nice thing
is that it doesn't attract dust and fur. I never have to wipe it off,
or at least not so far. One of our cats sits behind it sometimes but I
think it's because the old tv was so massive there was no room behind
it on the tv stand, and this one of course takes very little space.
Makes a good perch and I don't think she realizes we can see her white
tail hanging down the side of the stand so she's not really all that
hidden.
-yngver

Old January 9th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"yngver" wrote
Makes a good perch and I don't think she realizes we can see her white
tail hanging down the side of the stand so she's not really all that
hidden.

This just kills me. Like the little ears sticking up behind the pillow they
are
hiding behind.

Or, my personal fav: Gracie worms her way up under the quilt I have made
the guestroom bed with, so we have this perfectly smooth bed with a
cat-sized
lump in it. But she thinks she is hidden.

Old January 11th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
yngver

On Jan 9, 1:00 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"yngver" wrote

Makes a good perch and I don't think she realizes we can see her white
tail hanging down the side of the stand so she's not really all that
hidden.

This just kills me. Like the little ears sticking up behind the pillow they
are
hiding behind.

Or, my personal fav: Gracie worms her way up under the quilt I have made
the guestroom bed with, so we have this perfectly smooth bed with a
cat-sized
lump in it. But she thinks she is hidden.

One of our cats just really doesn't seem to get the "hiding" concept
very well. First off, she never picks a very good place to hide--like
behind the sofa, instead of under the bed like our other cats, or as I
said, behind the tv with her her tail and paws quite visible. Then if
you call her, she meows pitifully as if to say "don't look here! I'm
not here!" She doesn't seem to realize that if she meows, it gives away
the hiding place.

Once when she was semi-hiding behind the tv--I mean, she wasn't
seriously hiding because there was nothing like a trip to the vet or a
claw-clipping or something worth hiding for imminent--I mentioned her
name to my husband and she peeked around the tv to see why we were
talking about her, then ducked back except for the tips of her ears
showing. She can be a silly cat sometimes.
-yngver