A Med for Tapeworms???

Old January 28th 07, 09:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
B Kat

Default A Med for Tapeworms???

Hi, I was here over a week ago asking what kinds of meds I could use for
my cat that has tapeworms. I was unable to get back here until now. I'd
like to thank you for your responses.

Two different meds were mentioned. I was able to locate one of them on
Ebay. Is this the med that would work and be safe for my cat? If someone
would be kind enough to give me the heads up on it, I'll go ahead and
buy it....I thank you very much (and so does my cat:-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/CAT-KITTEN-TAPEW...QQcmdZViewItem

Old January 28th 07, 10:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"B Kat" wrote in message
Hi, I was here over a week ago asking what kinds of meds I could use for
my cat that has tapeworms. I was unable to get back here until now. I'd
like to thank you for your responses.

Two different meds were mentioned. I was able to locate one of them on
Ebay. Is this the med that would work and be safe for my cat? If someone
would be kind enough to give me the heads up on it, I'll go ahead and
buy it....I thank you very much (and so does my cat:-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/CAT-KITTEN-TAPEW...QQcmdZViewItem

Never heard of the brand. I strongly advise not buying meds from unknown
sources. A Droncit tablet from your vet shouldn't cost you more than
$5-$7 --and you'll know you're getting the real thing.

Old January 28th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Sun, 28 Jan 2007 10:21:38 GMT, "Phil P." wrote:

I strongly advise not buying meds from unknown
sources. A Droncit tablet from your vet shouldn't cost you more than
$5-$7 --and you'll know you're getting the real thing.

I second this. With as much press as counterfeit medications (for animals
and people) have been getting recently, I can't imagine buying from some
unknown individual off eBay or anywhere else.

Not only that, think about the Tylenol and other tampering that has gone on
over the years. Holy ****! What if this person gets off on poisoning
cats?? Don't even think about buying medication from eBay.

--
Lynne
Old January 30th 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John P Kimmel

B Kat wrote:
Hi, I was here over a week ago asking what kinds of meds I could use for
my cat that has tapeworms. I was unable to get back here until now. I'd
like to thank you for your responses.

Two different meds were mentioned. I was able to locate one of them on
Ebay. Is this the med that would work and be safe for my cat? If someone
would be kind enough to give me the heads up on it, I'll go ahead and
buy it....I thank you very much (and so does my cat:-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/CAT-KITTEN-TAPEW...QQcmdZViewItem

I use the same brand, available from Petmeds.com. Also available at
farm stores. I've used it on several cats, it's never failed to work.

--
John Kimmel

GET YER STINKING PAWS OFF ME YOU DAMN DIRTY APE!