Up Date on Lilly

Old February 9th 07, 10:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Default Up Date on Lilly

Hi everyone, & thank you so much for the purrs, I think that they are
about the only thing keeping her alive presently.
after phoning the surgery & walking up there to find no one in the
surgery at all, I looked in the phone book for an emergency number but
there wasn't one of course!
I was told on the prior call to the surgery that there would be
someone caring for her, but when I went back yet again, there was no
one there at all!!!!

I wasn't able to reach either the vet, or Lilly either. Had I been
able to, I would have collected her & taken her to another veterinary
surgery where they would have have helped her. Instead I spent the
night awake wondering what I could do to help Lilly. I had to wait
until 8.30 gmt to talk to the nurse who told me that she was OK, &
that If I were to call back in 1/2 an hour, then I would be able to
talk to the vet herself to see what the prognosis was.

Quite late last night I received a couple of emails form a few people
in the cat newsgroups to say that If Lilly had pyometra, that she
needed urgent medical attention..so as you can imagine, I have been
climbing the walls because that is exactly what she diagnosed...

I have spoken to the vet this morning & she tells me that Lilly is not
eating at all now, that she is still drooling terribly & that she is
not optimistic about the outcome at all. There is still anal secretion
from the anal sacks, & she intends to do an x-ray right now. I asked
her to perform the spay as soon as it is possible to do so for her,
but her reply Quote: " Is only if I have to".

As I am sure you can appreciate, we are all worried sick about her,
very angry & frustrated because she lost two whole days when Lilly
could have been treated, but she left her there to rot as far as we
are concerned.
With no night care there, & no one to treat her, she would have been
better off here where she could be loved & action could have been
taken if we felt that she was degenerating.
Now we need to know our rights, but also have no idea where to look
for them or find out what we can or can not do. I guess we need to
know our rights? If anyone can let us know, we will act on it, now!

I have been told to phone up @ 2pm to see how she is.
We are all very frightened right now.
Thank you for the purrs once again &more news as we have it.
S.

Old February 9th 07, 11:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

please give us some news on Lilly, i am worried that you say she is
left alone at the surgery now.
bookie- Hide quoted text -

There was no one at the surgery last night,& I know this because I
nearly broke the door down in attempt to try & reach Lilly.

I was more angry than words could possibly express having been told
that there would be care dying the night for her. In fact, Paul was so
Bull minded about it, that he sat outside the surgery all night to see
if anyone came or left it, so we can only conclude that we were fed a
pack of lies. If anyone knows anything about the law regarding vets
and the care of animals in their keeping, I would be more than
grateful to hear from you please?

Anger is still bubbling away now, but the welfare of the cat is
paramount here ...

Latest news @11am gmt
Vet has just called to confirm diagnosis of pyometra, which she told
me Lilly had 3days ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I honestly can't believe that my cat has been in her care for 3 days,
& she is only taking action now...??????
An xray has been performed & no blockage can be found in the throat or
mouth to explain why Lilly is still drooling constantly.
I am beginning to wonder if I ought to Ping Phil about this one?
She has decided that she is going to do a ovariohistorectomy (@ long
last!!, or in other words, spay her)
My ultimate fear is that by not treating her in the last 48 hours
since her last injection of antibiotics, that she might go into renal
failure and die anyway
I can only pray that she has reached her in time.

I have asked if I can come down to see her today, & she has asked me
to call first, but that I may be able to visit her later.
I have to admit to being utterly shocked when she offered me the
chance to try & treat her with antibiotics because she was a breeding
queen-
I can only assume that is because I had intended to mate Lilly with
her blue point Birmi in the spring, but I have no intention of doing
that to poor Lilly....
Lets all purr & pray that Lilly ~Pads has what it takes to come
through this one, because she is my baby (In as far as she is my
youngest cat & I love her dearly).
Lilly is a fighter, with a heart full of love, a temperament full of
naughty Pants, & the affection to cure the sick, truely
Life without her wouldn't bare thinking about.
Fill you in with more news later & hopefully I get the chance to see
her too.
once again, thank you for all of your soothing purrs, Lilly is
bathing in them & hopefully soon she will be home & up to all of her
naughty tricks again, God Willing,
S.

Old February 9th 07, 12:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Nigger

On Feb 9, 6:42 am, "sheelagh" wrote:

once again, thank you for all of your soothing purrs, Lilly is
bathing in them & hopefully soon she will be home & up to all of her
naughty tricks again, God Willing,
S.

wow, sorry to hear all of this.

These symptoms all sound like a stroke

Old February 9th 07, 01:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Nigger

On Feb 9, 8:00 am, "sheelagh" wrote:

I hope it is not the case of course, but if it is, then I suppose we
have to start plan B.
I have no idea what plan B is yet, but I guess I will have to think on
it?

I am probably wrong! What I'm reading is that they just don't know.
Sorry to worry you, I didn't mean to do that.
Ask Lilly's vet about an infarction.

Old February 9th 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Nigger

On Feb 9, 8:44 am, "sheelagh" wrote:

Cindy has just given me another idea too. I am going to call the Cat
Protection League to find out what Lilly's rights are regarding
treatment. I figure it would be better to do that , than blast at the
vet because I am angry right now, hey?
Calling now!
S.

Good call Sheelagh, listen, I was thinking. About your zeal.

You would do more good for the cat problem by educating people, rather
than being up to your elbows in cat crap and cat hair. Nothing wrong
with being in the trenches, had you never done that you may never
consider Educating people in this.

anyway, I hope to chat with you on here, more later about it, but for
now, let us know the latest on Lilly. Sending prayers.

I'm sure she will be just fine. She knows you are pulling for her,
she'll be fine.

Old February 9th 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Sheelagh,

Go get her out of there! She's had to lay there with no one around, get
her out of there and get her to another vet.

You don't have to follow their "call first" BS and everything else. They
do not call the shots -- this is YOUR cat! Go march down there and let
Lilly know you're still there for her. You decide what happens with her
care and when you can see her.

I am sending all of the good vibes I can find.

Rhonda

Old February 9th 07, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Nigger

On Feb 9, 1:15 pm, Rhonda wrote:
this is YOUR cat! Go march down there and let
Lilly know you're still there for her. You decide what happens with her
care and when you can see her.

See, you got good sense, this is good advice.

I like your attitude Rhonda, you are living the real world

You know all too well that just because we have the idea that things
are supposed to go a certain way (especially in an ER situation)..
that they will go that way, but that's not reality...

On a similiar note.

A mom and dad took their adult invalid son too an adult rehabilitation
facility in NC. The place is called the Greenery. It cost them $30,000
per month. yes, that's Thirty Thousand per month. (I know these people
like my own family)

The son stayed there one month, and his health seemed to be going
downhill.
The parents of this BOY REALLY... begin to travel back and forth. The
Greenery is supposed to be the best on the coast, especially for the
money.

The father of this invalid decided to be a "fly on the wall"at this
facility, just to see how they were really treating his son.

The father snuk in one night, and found his son drawn up in a fetal
position (a huge drop in the sons health and general appearance)...
the father sneeked his son out of the facility, put him in the van
with the sons mom... The father went back into the facility and
approached the nurses desk.

---
The son had lost weight, had a strange horrified look on his face, was
drawn up in a defensive fetal position, had **** up his back.. his
muscles had atrophied terribly since his arrival at the Greenery.sp
--

The father went back inside and asked the Nurse on duty, how his son
was doing, the nurse replied, "Oh he's fine, In fact I just came from

No, you cannot turn the life of the ones you love over to just anyone!

You have to call the shots where you see treatment is not forthcoming,
when you see that things are not going like they should (or as you
expected) you have to be a stand up person.. to hell with what people
think. You sit there too long worried about what someone might say,
yule lose the one love.

The greenery would have killed that young man. Today, the young man is
doing just fine, still lives with his folks, but... even at 30,000
dollars a month, they couldn't get the adult care and rehab the young
man needed.

Sorry to be windy, just wanted to show you that, I know all too well,
you have to "march right down there" and make things right.

Barry

Old February 9th 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

"Rhonda" wrote in message
Sheelagh,

Go get her out of there! She's had to lay there with no one around, get
her out of there and get her to another vet.

I don't think she can, at this point. See below.

You don't have to follow their "call first" BS and everything else. They
do not call the shots -- this is YOUR cat! Go march down there and let
Lilly know you're still there for her. You decide what happens with her
care and when you can see her.

I agree 100%!!!

I am sending all of the good vibes I can find.

Rhonda

From the sounds of it, Lilly was too sick to be moved to another vet. I
don't know that Sheelagh really had a choice but to let this vet do the
surgery (due to the precariousness of Lilly's situation). At any rate, the
impression I got from what Sheelagh wrote in another post was that the vet
had just gone ahead with it, according to previously discussed arrangements.
I hope this vet was more competent in the operating room than out of it.

Sheelagh wrote in another post that Lilly is out of surgery. She is going to
see her or has promised us a report at 5:30 GMT, but I don't know how that
corresponds to EST. Anyone??

I'm holding my breath, hoping for good news. I think Sheelagh should insist
that either she or her husband stay with Lilly in the veterinary hospital
until the situation is stable (whether a technician/nurse is also present or
not) and thereafter until Lilly comes home (especially if the animals are
left alone at night). I've never heard of anything so disgraceful as leaving
critically ill animals alone at night.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Old February 9th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Nigger

On Feb 9, 1:38 pm, "cindys" wrote:

Sheelagh wrote in another post that Lilly is out of surgery. She is going to
see her or has promised us a report at 5:30 GMT, but I don't know how that
corresponds to EST. Anyone??

That translates to be half past midnight here on the east coast.