Sylvester - one more update (bloodwork)

Old February 14th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jennifer Thompson-Fleet

Default Sylvester - one more update (bloodwork)

Hi again,

Since you all were so nice and seemed so genuinely concerned over my old
guy, Sylvester, and the whole teeth cleaning issue, I thought I'd post
again to tell you the results of his senior wellness blood panel.

In a nutshell - he's in perfect health!

Liver, kidneys, everything are all looking just great - no signs of
kidney failure at all...which surprises me...he's 17!

No glucose at all in his urine, which means his diabetes is well under
control. Urine was a little diluted, but he drinks a lot of water and
the vet is not concerned with that, as long as the glucose reading was
good (which it was).

The vet was actually laughing as he was reading his test results to me
over the phone just now. I think he was just so tickled that a cat with
three life-threatening diseases can do so well, especially into old age.
He joked that Sylvester will probably live forever. My husband keeps
saying Sylvester is going outlive him. LOL

So, Sylvester is good to go for awhile...nothing more until a
fructosamine test in six months to make sure his diabetes is still under
control.

Thanks again!
Jennifer and old man Sylvester

Old February 14th 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

Thank you so much for sharing this!It's always wonderful to hear such great
news! Do you have any pictures of Sylvester?
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Old February 14th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 14 Feb, 17:13, "cindys" wrote:
[...]

Jennifer and old man Sylvester- Hide quoted text -

Brilliant news, thank you for taking the time to let us know too. So
many people don't bother & you are left wondering how it all went and
what happened.
We appreciate it.
Keep calling by when you can?
S;o)

Old February 14th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

On Feb 14, 11:00 am, Jennifer Thompson-Fleet
wrote:
Hi again,

Since you all were so nice and seemed so genuinely concerned over my old
guy, Sylvester, and the whole teeth cleaning issue, I thought I'd post
again to tell you the results of his senior wellness blood panel.

In a nutshell - he's in perfect health!

Wow, what a lucky kitty! Just a thought--make sure you get a copy of
the bloodwork for your records. I've found it helpful to keep a file,
just in case. All vets I've dealt with are happy to do this.

Cheers to Sylvester! Give him a big hug!

Old February 14th 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jennifer Thompson-Fleet

Hi again,

This is Jennifer (Sylvester's mom)... I'm not getting all of these
posts...I didn't see the one quoted below from Cindy S., and there were
a few earlier, when I was first asking for advice..I'd see them quoted
in other responses, but never saw the originals...what's up with that?

Yes, I think I have some pics...can't post them to a newsgroup though.
I have a Webshots site that I use for my horses...I guess I could put
some there. Let me see if I have any handy here on the computer.

Jennifer

Old February 14th 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

"Jennifer Thompson-Fleet" wrote in message
Hi again,

This is Jennifer (Sylvester's mom)... I'm not getting all of these
posts...I didn't see the one quoted below from Cindy S., and there were a
few earlier, when I was first asking for advice..I'd see them quoted in
other responses, but never saw the originals...what's up with that?

----------
Sometimes I have problems too. Check the google archives. All of the
IMO.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Old February 14th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:00:36 GMT, Jennifer Thompson-Fleet
wrote:

In a nutshell - he's in perfect health!

That's fantastic news! Thank you very much for the update!!

--
Lynne