haha! I'm saving a life tonight

Old February 22nd 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

Default haha! I'm saving a life tonight

You won't believe this!

I brought a little black stray kitten home just now... I'm not keeping
it, I'm taking it to the shelter tomorrow.

Ok, I was at the 2nd corner store on my bike...

leaving the store, I saw a kitten in the car wash bay. It was just
sitting there.
He looks to be 4 weeks old.

I went over to look at him, and his eyes where totally pussed over..
Everything about him is just wirey and matted... boney and patchy...

I spoke to him, he just gave me a little fret-ful bark meow...dry
sounding

I went back in the store and got 2 plastic grocery bags, I doubled the
bags and socked his black ass down in there.

He's in an empty room here at the house..
I gave him a can of food.

What a wreck he is.. poor little thing

He's not really walking, he's more like... shuffling on toothpick
legs..
he looks like a caricature of himself

I opened the can and put it to his nose (he's still scared to death of
course).. sorta..
He followed the can of food over to a very large flat plate. I dumped
the food out of course

but he kept pulling away from the fine meal... he's just uncertain...
I had to HOLD HIM... he kicked and pulled trying to get loose..
he begin to grope at the cake of food... breaking the cake into
pieces...

at this point his feet and my hands are getting covered in the gravy

at last, woo hoo! he goes straight face into the cake and starts to
gulp

wow wow he said.

I closed the door to the empty room and left him in there... washed my
hands real good.. then I put a large towel at the outside bottom of
the door.. to keep my cats separate from him.

I am sure he could live.. with the right medicine... and more food...

I'm taking him to the shelter in the morning.

Barry

Old February 22nd 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Barry" wrote in message
oups.com...
You won't believe this!

I brought a little black stray kitten home just now... I'm not keeping
it, I'm taking it to the shelter tomorrow.

Ok, I was at the 2nd corner store on my bike...

leaving the store, I saw a kitten in the car wash bay. It was just
sitting there.
He looks to be 4 weeks old.

He's too young for solid food.

Old February 22nd 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 22 Feb, 01:25, "Barry" wrote:
[...]

It all sounds nerve wracking?
I keep doing the same thing. Look @ Lucy(fur!), Ringo Star,.. then
there other cats as well as the crew here.
Why was I surprised when one of then caught flu?
It's almost asking for it!

Yeah, I hope that you both have a good night. I would imagine if he is
pot bellied, that he might have a gut full of worms eating his food
faster than he can.
Don't try treating him for it, they will do that @ the shelter & the
stuff they get works, so one less expense if he is managing.
Thank goodness you found him.
Odd place for a kitten to be isn't it?

I wonder where it came from, & if there are other siblings around. If
you get the chance, can you warn the guy that runs it during the day/
night, if they can keep an eye out for any other kittens . It seems
too young to be happening about the area by sheer luck. Maybe there is
a whole litter near by..?
Well observed hand washing & the best of luck regarding caring for
him too.
GOOD ON YA As Well!!
I hope the little fellow does well.
Keep us posted, won't you?

S;o)

Old February 22nd 07, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Barry" wrote in message
oups.com...
You won't believe this!

How the hell is anyone supposed to feel good about you having a cat?

You can't get him to the shelter fast enough.

Ruprecht was torn apart by dogs and Lucy is pregnant
AGAIN.

I still recall your brilliant argument for why you are simply
INCAPABLE of keeping her in.

Ugh.

Old February 22nd 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

I meant Jupiter. ****head.

Old February 22nd 07, 03:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Feb 21, 9:14 pm, "sheelagh" wrote:

I wonder where it came from, & if there are other siblings around.

The folk around here don't give a rip, I'm sure there are some who do.

I'll be on the lookout for any more kittens.

He ate the whole dam cake of food! woo hoo!

Obviously he's more like 8 weeks.. hard to tell.. being so
malnourished and all.
He's crying to get out of the room (of and on)... He knows he wants
outside...
I'm sure with a few shots and good food, he'll be good as new, and on
his way to a new home.

Barry

Old February 22nd 07, 03:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 22 Feb, 01:25, "Barry" wrote:
[...]

great but he also needs some liquid and fluids and kitten formula milk
if he is really that young, do oyu have any? can you get some? his
little tummy will not be able to cope with solid adult cat food like
that.

I know you are trying to do the right thing but please try to get hold
of some proper liquids for him, some formula milk for kittens or
something, and get a vet to check hiom over, the poor little mite

well done for not leaving him there though, many people would have
done so and walked on by.

bookie

Old February 22nd 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

Default Warning! Details of extreme discomfort / stray kitten found haha! I'm saving a life tonight

On Feb 21, 10:57 pm, "bookie" wrote:

great but he also needs some liquid and fluids and kitten formula milk
if he is really that young, do oyu have any? can you get some? his
little tummy will not be able to cope with solid adult cat food like
that.

Hi bookie.
shaking my head

It is much worse than I originally thought.

His feet are either broken, or they are grossly under developed...
He doesn't walk on any of his feet.. his feet are turned inside
towards the center of his body...

This is why he was hobbling. My Lord! what survivors!

There is infection in. the knobs he walks on... the infection is in
his legs too...
his legs are wet with puss... his knobs are swollen.. front and
back...

He can't open his eyes.. they are just swollen...

He's quite for a large part, but then goes into little cries

if he's quite if he finds any comfort, it is due to the large amounts
of white cells packed around his sore spots.

I also suspect he has been maimed by a car at the car wash...
maybe that's why his feet are like they are... ???

He's solid black, it's hard to tell if I am seeing wet blood or puss.

I called the police, they are sending someone to pick him up tonight.
The animal warden has 2 other emergencies to respond to just now...
They said they will be on their way shortly.

Thanks for your advice
I just gave him some water.

Barry

Old February 22nd 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Feb 21, 11:17 pm, "Barry" wrote:

I called the police, they are sending someone to pick him up tonight.
The animal warden has 2 other emergencies to respond to just now...
They said they will be on their way shortly.

A policeman just picked him up.
I put the kitten in a large brown paper bag and left the top slightly
open.

Yes.. that little fella was in very bad shape. They can do more for
him than I ever could here.

So sad.
on the other hand, he is no longer hobbling around the car wash
hungry.
He ate the whole can of food.. he's more like 8 or 9 weeks.. his spine
was hunkered up.. made him look short.. his feet was turned in.. made
him look smaller...

They'll either fix him up, or send him across that bridge.

Barry

Old February 22nd 07, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Barry" wrote

They'll either fix him up, or send him across that bridge.

They will put him down. If someone who was willing to work
for a living had picked him up he might be at the emergency
vet right now.