Cat throws poop out of litter box

Old February 22nd 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Cat throws poop out of litter box

Hi,

Brought new cat home last week - went great - last two days I have
found her poop on the floor beside the litter box. It is lightly
dusted with litter - so it is being thrown out of the litter box - any
ideas?

Thanks,

Suki

Old February 22nd 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Brought new cat home last week - went great - last two days I have
found her poop on the floor beside the litter box. It is lightly
dusted with litter - so it is being thrown out of the litter box - any
ideas?

Get the high-sided box made for dogs, that has a little dip at the front
so the cat can get in without jumping. They are all different about this,
what you have is an enthusiastic digger/flinger! Petsmart has these.

Old February 22nd 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:46:08 GMT, "cybercat" wrote:

what you have is an enthusiastic digger/flinger!

I have to laugh. Levi did this the week before last--flung his poop all
the way across the bathroom, the little brat. He's quite an enthusiastic
digger, but thankfully it was a one time thing (so far).

I love that little ****(ter).

--
Lynne
Old February 22nd 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Robotech_Master

My geriatric cat seems to have decided that the bathroom floor is
where her poop belongs, she doesn't even try to do it in the box
(though she does pee there).

I'm not sure how to break her of that habit.

--
Chris Meadows aka | WWW: http://www.terrania.us | Somebody
Robotech_Master | ICQ: 5477383 AIM: RoboMastr | help, I'm
Old February 22nd 07, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Feb 22, 11:46 am, "cybercat" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi,

Brought new cat home last week - went great - last two days I have
found her poop on the floor beside the litter box. It is lightly
dusted with litter - so it is being thrown out of the litter box - any
ideas?

Get the high-sided box made for dogs, that has a little dip at the front
so the cat can get in without jumping. They are all different about this,
what you have is an enthusiastic digger/flinger! Petsmart has these.

Hi,

Thanks - I will take a look tomorrow! It could be worse - she could
be a hockey player too!

Old February 22nd 07, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

I have a geriatric cat that does that, too. She always does it in the same
spot so I finally got "puppy pads" and put them on the floor in her corner.
She's very good about only going there. Didn't have much luck trying to get
her to use the box and I've tried a number of things.

Good luck!

g...

Old February 23rd 07, 01:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:15:26 -0800, 22brix wrote:

I have a geriatric cat that does that, too. She always does it in the same
spot so I finally got "puppy pads" and put them on the floor in her corner.
She's very good about only going there. Didn't have much luck trying to get
her to use the box and I've tried a number of things.

Good luck!

"Robotech_Master" wrote in message
g...
My geriatric cat seems to have decided that the bathroom floor is
where her poop belongs, she doesn't even try to do it in the box
(though she does pee there).

I'm not sure how to break her of that habit.

--
Chris Meadows aka | WWW: http://www.terrania.us | Somebody
Robotech_Master | ICQ: 5477383 AIM: RoboMastr | help, I'm
| Skype, LJ-Gizmo: Robotech_Master | trapped in
| Yahoo: robotech_master_2000 | a sig file!

How deep is the litter? If it is too deep, it could be hard for her to
balance in position. Just a random thought. MLB

Old February 23rd 07, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:15:26 -0800, 22brix wrote:

I have a geriatric cat that does that, too. She always does it in the
same
spot so I finally got "puppy pads" and put them on the floor in her
corner.
She's very good about only going there. Didn't have much luck trying to
get
her to use the box and I've tried a number of things.

Good luck!

"Robotech_Master" wrote in message
g...
My geriatric cat seems to have decided that the bathroom floor is
where her poop belongs, she doesn't even try to do it in the box
(though she does pee there).

I'm not sure how to break her of that habit.

--
Chris Meadows aka | WWW: http://www.terrania.us | Somebody
Robotech_Master | ICQ: 5477383 AIM: RoboMastr | help, I'm
| Skype, LJ-Gizmo: Robotech_Master | trapped
in
| Yahoo: robotech_master_2000 | a sig
file!

How deep is the litter? If it is too deep, it could be hard for her to
balance in position. Just a random thought. MLB

I should try that again. I have a lot of cats and a myriad of boxes and I
have tried various combinations but it would be nice not to have to pick up
soaked pads all the time! She urinates a lot due to her kidney issues.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Bonnie