Cost of Echocardiogram?

Old March 2nd 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
zinzee

Default Cost of Echocardiogram?

May I get a survey of those who have had echocardiogram (ultrasound)
tests performed on their cats? I'm looking for the cost to get the
test as well as analyze the results. Also, if you could include
geographic location in your response that would be quite helpful!

Thank you,
Heather

Old March 2nd 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

"zinzee" wrote in message
oups.com...
May I get a survey of those who have had echocardiogram (ultrasound)
tests performed on their cats? I'm looking for the cost to get the
test as well as analyze the results. Also, if you could include
geographic location in your response that would be quite helpful!

----------
I live in Western, New York (near Buffalo). I phoned our veterinary clinic
and was told that the current price for a feline cardiac ultrasound is $155.
(I thought I had only paid $100, but I guess I didn't remember correctly).
Our clinic does tend to be expensive. I was also told that at the feline
specialty clinic (i.e. if we had gone to see a cardiologist), the ultrasound
probably would have cost more, but how much more they didn't know.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Old March 2nd 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
yngver

On Mar 2, 2:43 pm, "zinzee" wrote:
May I get a survey of those who have had echocardiogram (ultrasound)
tests performed on their cats? I'm looking for the cost to get the
test as well as analyze the results. Also, if you could include
geographic location in your response that would be quite helpful!

Thank you,
Heather

About two years ago we were discussing with our vet whether we should
get an echocardiogram for our cat, and he said it would cost $300. But
with this cat clinic, they have a sonographer that comes in once a
week and does the echocardiograms, so it might be more expensive
because they don't have someone on staff or the equipment in house.
This is in Chicago. We elected not to have it, but it wasn't because
of the expense.
-yngver

Old March 3rd 07, 10:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
silvercelt

These are going to be English prices...
If sedation involved that is £40ish
With Ultrasound being additional £50. So either £50-90. We offer a
free second ultrasound in some cases. (depends what is the reason).

http://www.lornakemble.net/

Old March 3rd 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Katrina

On 2007-03-02 12:43:33 -0800, "zinzee" said:

May I get a survey of those who have had echocardiogram (ultrasound)
tests performed on their cats? I'm looking for the cost to get the
test as well as analyze the results. Also, if you could include
geographic location in your response that would be quite helpful!

Thank you,
Heather

Loomis, California (near Sacramento). About two years ago I paid about
$350 for an echocardiogram for Ming.

Katrina
--
History: special people in special places at special times
Anthropology: everyone else the rest of the time

-----------------
-----------------
Old March 5th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
zinzee

On Mar 2, 4:25 pm, "cindys" wrote:
"zinzee" wrote in message

oups.com... May I get a survey of those who have had echocardiogram (ultrasound)
tests performed on their cats? I'm looking for the cost to get the
test as well as analyze the results. Also, if you could include
geographic location in your response that would be quite helpful!

----------
I live in Western, New York (near Buffalo). I phoned our veterinary clinic
and was told that the current price for a feline cardiac ultrasound is $155.
(I thought I had only paid $100, but I guess I didn't remember correctly).
Our clinic does tend to be expensive. I was also told that at the feline
specialty clinic (i.e. if we had gone to see a cardiologist), the ultrasound
probably would have cost more, but how much more they didn't know.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Thanks you so much for calling your vet! Such a nice thing to do.
This group is really supportive while I work on getting Mack C.
Better.

Thanks again,
Heather