post-neuter complications

Old March 15th 07, 08:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mskitty834

Default post-neuter complications

Just neutered an adult male cat (only had kittens done, before), and
he had complications ... terribly swollen scrotal sac and prepuce ...
vet gave prednisone to reduce swelling and antibiotic for fever of
104, and cat is behaving normally again, but I don't know if the
swelling is really gone. Can anybody point me to a pic of what a
normal male cat's "works" look like? Right now his look more like a
dog ... kind of protrusive.

Old March 15th 07, 09:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

On Mar 15, 3:02?am, "mskitty834" wrote:
Just neutered an adult male cat (only had kittens done, before), and
he had complications ... terribly swollen scrotal sac and prepuce ...
vet gave prednisone to reduce swelling and antibiotic for fever of
104, and cat is behaving normally again, but I don't know if the
swelling is really gone. Can anybody point me to a pic of what a
normal male cat's "works" look like? Right now his look more like a
dog ... kind of protrusive.

Why did you feel it necessary to do this to your cat? And why do you
do it to helpless kittens? Are they outside animals? Because if
they're not, you are guilty of unnecessary sexual mutilation on an
animal. And just because it's a pet, that doesn't mean that it
deserves to have this kind of barbarity visited upon it's little
person.
You'd best get them all mutilated now while the laws are still in your
favor. But don't call yourself friend to any cat. We see you for what
you are because we know what you've done. Selfish butchery. And unless
it's an outside cat, it is totally unnecessary.

IBen Getiner

Old March 15th 07, 10:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
silvercelt

ignore his post....

Your cat may have had some kind of reaction, it best to take him to
the vets if the meds haven't helped. Sometimes they can swell but
reduce again. How long it been? The fact he is an adult cat doesn't
have anything to do with this problem. The same can happen when
younger. We castrate them from 6months upwards. You don't need a
picture, if you did then I be worried why you have a cat... Just take
him back to the vets that did the op.

Old March 19th 07, 10:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Terry O'Connel

IBen Getiner wrote:
[...]

Do actually think that someone's going to take *your* "advice"
seriously? You're the mutilated one and it shows very well in your every
single post.