Fancy Feast

Old March 21st 07, 12:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Buddy's Mom

Default Fancy Feast

Is anyone else still feeding with canned Fancy Feast? I haven't seen
it on the recall list, but I stopped using it yesterday - just in
case. Seems like they are adding to the list all the time.

However, every time I go to feed the kitty with hard food he goes to
the cupboard that the canned food is in and just stands there looking
at me.

Old March 21st 07, 01:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

"Buddy's Mom" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is anyone else still feeding with canned Fancy Feast? I haven't seen
it on the recall list, but I stopped using it yesterday - just in
case. Seems like they are adding to the list all the time.

-------
I am still feeding my kitties canned Fancy Feast every day. I have not seen
Fancy Feast appear on any list. All my cats are fine (Alex has CRF, but it's
not because of cat food. I have been giving him Pepcid, and he is actually
looking much better these past few days than he's looked in weeks. He has
been eating Fancy Feast every day.). It seems like the major problems were
with chunks in gravy style foods. I don't buy any foods with gravies any
more but even if I did, Fancy Feast was not one of the products recalled.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Old March 21st 07, 01:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Thor

On Mar 21, 8:11 am, "cindys" wrote:
"Buddy's Mom" wrote in message

oups.com... Is anyone else still feeding with canned Fancy Feast? I haven't seen
it on the recall list, but I stopped using it yesterday - just in
case. Seems like they are adding to the list all the time.

-------
I am still feeding my kitties canned Fancy Feast every day. I have not seen
Fancy Feast appear on any list. All my cats are fine .
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

However, every time I go to feed the kitty with hard food he goes to
the cupboard that the canned food is in and just stands there looking
at me.- Hide quoted text -

DITTO --
I use ONLY FF and haven't had any food related problem. A few of my
cat's
prefer gravy and chunks (grilled, etc) but no problems. Purina uses
other sources
for their products. To the best of my knowledge they are not
affiliated with Menu Foods!

Your kitty should be fine, but it always makes sense to keep an eye
out.....

Michael - on my way to a Ship....

Old March 21st 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Buddy's Mom

That is good to hear. My guy likes FF grilled - so it has the gravy
which is why I was concerned. Better to err on the side of caution.
I did email Purina and ask - days ago, but sadly haven't heard
anything from them.

On Mar 21, 8:43�am, "Thor" wrote:
On Mar 21, 8:11 am, "cindys" wrote:

"Buddy's Mom" wrote in message

roups.com... Is anyone else still feeding with canned Fancy Feast? *I haven't seen
[...]

Michael - on my way to a Ship....- Hide quoted text -

Old March 21st 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

"Thor" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 21, 8:11 am, "cindys" wrote:

I am still feeding my kitties canned Fancy Feast every day. I have not
seen
Fancy Feast appear on any list. All my cats are fine .
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

DITTO --
I use ONLY FF and haven't had any food related problem. A few of my
cat's
prefer gravy and chunks (grilled, etc) but no problems. Purina uses
other sources
for their products.

----------
That's not completely true. Iams is a Purina product.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Old March 21st 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lis

On Mar 21, 8:43 am, "Thor" wrote:
On Mar 21, 8:11 am, "cindys" wrote:

"Buddy's Mom" wrote in message

[...]

Purina did a limited amount of business with Menu, but only the Mighty
Dog pouches--no canned food, and no cat food at all.

Lis

Old March 21st 07, 02:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"Buddy's Mom" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is anyone else still feeding with canned Fancy Feast? I haven't seen
it on the recall list, but I stopped using it yesterday - just in
case. Seems like they are adding to the list all the time.

However, every time I go to feed the kitty with hard food he goes to
the cupboard that the canned food is in and just stands there looking
at me.

The recalls seem to be associated with gluten, so I suggest that you check
the list of ingredients to see if gluten is listed. PetFoodDirect.com makes
it very easy to check ingredients for every pet food they carry (just click
on the name of the product and then on "details"), so I just checked one of
the Fancy Feast items for you. There was no gluten listed for FF Chopped
Grill Feast. I don't know if that's the variety you use, but you could
easily do the same thing. I find it much easier to go to PetFoodDirect's
web site than to try to read the labels on the cans because print is *so*
small on most of those labels.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

Old March 21st 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Buddy's Mom

Thanks, but he likes the grilled chicken or grilled turkey - newer
versions and the label does say that it contains wheat gluten - which
is why I am worried. The local vet says that the wheat was
contaminated with mold - but I don't know his source on that.

Duffy and Holly together: *http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

Old March 21st 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
~Lianne~

Purina has information on their website:

http://fancyfeast.com

Up top is says that the food is not affected by the recall. My kitten
is eating it and all is well...

Old March 21st 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Spot

They don't know for sure if it's the gluten. They are only speculating at
this point. I wouldn't depend on a product not containing gluten to
determine if it's safe to use.