China probing tainted wheat gluten claim

Old April 8th 07, 03:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Patty

Default China probing tainted wheat gluten claim

This update in the news on Friday:

http://tinyurl.com/yuwcpg

Patty
Old April 8th 07, 04:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gandalf

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 10:04:06 -0400, Patty wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/yuwcpg

China won't do a damn thing except to go through the motions to try to
appease critics.

Nothing will change.

China has such an enormously long list of similar 'problems' it has no
intention of doing anything about, from human rights abuses, egregious
patent theft and market flooding, to coal mine safety. (Hundreds of
PEOPLE die annually....)

Do you really think China *cares* about killing Western pets?

Not one damn bit. Probably someone knew it was tainted BEFORE it was
sold to Menu Foods.

Just my opinions, of course
Old April 9th 07, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

On Apr 8, 11:43?am, (Gandalf) wrote:
On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 10:04:06 -0400, Patty wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/yuwcpg

China won't do a damn thing except to go through the motions to try to
appease critics.

Nothing will change.

China has such an enormously long list of similar 'problems' it has no
intention of doing anything about, from human rights abuses, egregious
patent theft and market flooding, to coal mine safety. (Hundreds of
PEOPLE die annually....)

Do you really think China *cares* about killing Western pets?

Not one damn bit. Probably someone knew it was tainted BEFORE it was
sold to Menu Foods.

Just my opinions, of course

LOL....!! And ain't it funny watching the silly little FDA running
around trying to fend off criticism..? LOL...!! They were never
designed to handle this kind of krap. Not coming at the country from
all points, anyway. They were designed to handle just our stuff
circulating around in our own country, if I have my facts straight.
This should be a wake-up call that the FDA is totally obsolete. And
worse than that... nobody's watching the till. This could have just as
easily happened to OUR food. My sister-in-law bought a frozen rabbit
at the grocery store the other day. The outside label indicated it was
processed here in the States. But when she unwrapped it, it had a note
stating that it was raised and slaughtered in ****ing China. Can you
believe this ****...?! A Goddamned rabbit. What else is out there and
on our shelves that comes from those evil, godless slant-eyed
freaks....?
We got lucky this time. I hope somebody learned a lesson. Yeah...
Right..

IBen Getiner

Old April 9th 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Patty

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 15:43:57 GMT, Gandalf wrote:

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 10:04:06 -0400, Patty wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/yuwcpg

China won't do a damn thing except to go through the motions to try to
appease critics.

Nothing will change.

China has such an enormously long list of similar 'problems' it has no
intention of doing anything about, from human rights abuses, egregious
patent theft and market flooding, to coal mine safety. (Hundreds of
PEOPLE die annually....)

Do you really think China *cares* about killing Western pets?

Not one damn bit. Probably someone knew it was tainted BEFORE it was
sold to Menu Foods.

Just my opinions, of course

First, I posted this because it was in the news. Second, what concerned me
more was not whether China was going to investigate or not (this can be
dubious at best) but that fact that, if you read the article not just the
headline, China is known for their very poor food processing practices.
And, we're buying from them?

Patty
Old April 9th 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Mon, 09 Apr 2007 14:19:56 GMT, Patty wrote:

First, I posted this because it was in the news. Second, what
concerned me more was not whether China was going to investigate or
not (this can be dubious at best) but that fact that, if you read the
article not just the headline, China is known for their very poor food
processing practices.

Yes they are, and, as horrifying as it is to us here, it's apparently No
Big Deal over there. To the government, that is. I'm sure all the
families of all the babies and other people who die when their food chain
is compromised feel it just as deeply as we would here. It's a tragedy
beyond my comprehension, happening on a regular basis.

And, we're buying from them?

Exactly! This practice was a time bomb waiting to go off.

--
Lynne