DO FEMALE THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN SPAYED, STILL CALL?

Old April 12th 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Default DO FEMALE THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN SPAYED, STILL CALL?

We had Lilly spayed when she had her recent Pyometra problems.
Recently however, she sounds as though she is calling. She is showing
every indication is that she is, other than the fact that we don't
have the local un neutered population standing right outside the patio
doors....

Is there anything that we can do to stop her yowling the house down,
or is this something that she will eventually out-grow?
Sheelagh

Old April 13th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Thu, 12 Apr 2007 17:02:37 GMT, "sheelagh"
wrote:

We had Lilly spayed when she had her recent Pyometra problems.
Recently however, she sounds as though she is calling. She is showing
every indication is that she is, other than the fact that we don't
have the local un neutered population standing right outside the patio
doors....

Is there anything that we can do to stop her yowling the house down,
or is this something that she will eventually out-grow?

There was a thread about this in the past few months you may be able to
find. IIRC, there was some discussion that this could happen as a result
of retained endometrial tissue or even an ovary left behind accidentally.

I wouldn't worry that this is the case for Lilly, though, not unless it
happens again. She has been through quite an ordeal and I wonder if not
being able to nurse and then wean her kittens naturally and just being
spayed so soon after giving birth hasn't screwed her hormones to hell and
back. Even if there was some retained endometrial tissue, it will be
reabsorbed over time. Be patient and her calling will pass. If it
happens again, as if she's going through a heat cycle later, I'd see the
vet for an ultrasound.

Keep in mind that I have absolutely no experience with female cats, only
with female humans, so take this advice however you see fit, my dear.

--
Lynne
Old April 13th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

wrote:
[...]

Errrm...What is IIRC Lynee..?

I have a feeling that you could be right about everything that you
mentioned. ..

If she does start calling a second time, I will make that appointment
with the vet to l have a scan done just to be sure as to why she is
acting this way. As long a as she is in now pain physically, then it
is not the end of the world.
However, you could be right about the psychological side of things. I
hadn't thought about it that way.

Thanks,
S;o)

Old April 13th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:21:07 GMT, "sheelagh"
wrote:

IIRC

sorry, it's "if I recall correctly."

--
Lynne
Old April 13th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh via CatKB.com

Lynne wrote:
on Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:21:07 GMT, "sheelagh"

IIRC

sorry, it's "if I recall correctly."

Thank you.
You have no idea how many hours I spend sitting here trying to to work out
what a poster means when they abbreviate, lol.
I have guessed most of them, but that one was a new one to me..
Lilly is still screaming her little head off today, but I sure that it will
end sooner rather than later. Poor little bunny, hey?
S;o)

--
S;o)

Old April 13th 07, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:39:53 GMT, "sheelagh via CatKB.com" u33188@uwe
wrote:

Lilly is still screaming her little head off today, but I sure that it
will end sooner rather than later. Poor little bunny, hey?

I feel really awful for her. On those rare occasions when my hormones go
nuts, at least I know that's what is happening. She has to get through it
without the benefit of knowing why. Give her some extra lovin', if she'll
let you near her.

--
Lynne
Old April 13th 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh via CatKB.com

wrote:

Lilly is still screaming her little head off today, but I sure that it
will end sooner rather than later. Poor little bunny, hey?

I feel really awful for her. On those rare occasions when my hormones go
nuts, at least I know that's what is happening. She has to get through it
without the benefit of knowing why. Give her some extra lovin', if she'll
let you near her.

I will;o)

In fact my son wants to use the Pc now, so I will make the most of my time
cuddling her till she purrs herself silly.. that should take her mind off it
all,

S;o)

--
S;o)