Another Lurker introduction.

Old April 18th 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Another Lurker introduction.

Hi, I having been lurking on the edge of this group for a few weeks
now too, so thought it might be time to introduce myself as well.. My
name is Kitty, short for Katherine, & I live in the UK & I have 4 cats
to keep me company day & night because I work from home. Their names
are Binky Birman, Charlie Chocolate drop, Petal the tabby cat & our
resident visiting cat whom I have named Rory..(he tends to roar at
night!). I might as well call him our cat, because he spends most of
his time here lolling all over the sofa all day, & goes out at night
simply to sing.

We live in an old Cottage that I am renovating presently &when we have
finished this one, I intend to build our own home, with some new
housing outside because I do a lot of work for the Cat Protection
League. I also take in a lot of rescue cats. At this time of year, we
are just starting to become snowed under with pregnant Queens that
have been dumped. In fact we received our second one last night, so I
am currently trying to co ordinate which of our carers might be able
to take her in until such time as she has her kittens & can be spayed.
I look forward to popping by now and again to see who is around and
some of the interesting posts that you have here.
K.

Old April 18th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 18 Apr, 15:42, wrote:
[...]

Hi Kitty, great to see you around again.
Draw a chair up and join the cat slave society.
I am looking forward to hearing all about your cats in due course
too....
S;o)

Old April 18th 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 18 Apr, 15:42, wrote:
[...]

i want lots of photos of all these kitty pusses, lots and lots of
them, particularly this fellow called rory cos he sounds like a real
rascal.

which CP group do you help with?

bookie

Old April 18th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

Welcome, Kitty! I love getting more UK posters in. We do fine except for
when the indoor/outdoor debate comes up. What would be very helpful: if
you allow your cat to roam and it gets shot by a bb gun or otherwise harmed,
please do not post here looking for sympathy.

Old April 19th 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 18 Apr, 22:49, "cybercat" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

[...]

please do not post here looking for sympathy.- Hide quoted text -

OUCH!!!!

that was somewhat unnecessary! sheelagh yuou can have all the sympathy
you want from me, as ringo was an outdoor cat anyway it would have
been donwright cruel to confine him to the indoors for the rest of his
days just in case there were any gun toting little scrotes roaming
your area who had probably got the idea to shoot at innocent creatures
from watching too many american films where every argument is sorted
out with a drive-by shooting and every redneck and yankee thinks its
his god given right to own and use a gun to 'protect' himself (from
who? who the **** wants to go to the US of A anyway? it is an awful
place full of hideous americans. Oh yes I forget he has to protect
himself from all the other paranoid freaks around him who also have
guns under their beds and use them at every available opportunity).

you seem to forget that gun crime is nowhere near as prevalent in our
fine country than in america, stabbing is far more popular with the
young these days.

bookie

Old April 19th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"bookie" wrote
[...]

Bookie. My point was, those who keep their cats indoors where they
are safe feel that those of you who allow yours to roam are endangering
them needlessly--particularly when you post about them getting shot,
hit by cars, bitten by another cat, etc. I wasn't aiming this post at
Sheelagh. She got my sympathy, but Ringo got more of it.

Old April 19th 07, 08:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
thug gangsta bookie fan

On Apr 18, 8:08 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
[...]

put your damn soapbox away and get your head out of your ass one time
Nancy!
stop hurting people

**** a goddamn cat! people are more imporant

the hell is wrong with you

you think she don't regret it?

you're like john doe, I lost my cat and because of his black heart he
rub it in!

I cried my eyes out, and throws salt in them

that's why we tarred and feathered his lilly white ass

Old April 19th 07, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lis

On Apr 18, 8:01 pm, bookie wrote:
On 18 Apr, 22:49, "cybercat" wrote:

wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

Well, clearly stabbing as the preferred form of murderous assault
indicates a higher moral character.

But you're overlooking two important things.

1. TV and movies are Not. Real. Life. What you see on the screen is
not what we live day-to-day over here.

2. There are one or two more differences between the US and the UK
than just gun laws. Among those differences are coyotes, bobcats,
fishers, mountain lions, hawks, eagles, wolves, and bears. Fishers,
btw, are not people with fishing poles; they're an especially nasty
variety of weasel, and a serious threat to cats and small dogs. And
while some of this predatory wildlife stays in "wild" or rural areas,
black bears are a problem in many outer suburbs, coyotes are found in
the inner 'burbs and cities, and some raptors nest in cities. And then
there's that mundane thing, traffic: American homes _tend_, for a
really broad generalization, to be closer to the roads, and to traffic
moving at higher speeds, than in roughly-equivalent housing in the UK,
at all levels.

The result is that Brits don't understand why Americans keep their
cats indoors, and Americans don't understand why Brits let their cats
roam.

Lis

10 day lurker`s coming out - Hi to all from Bettina Lightwell Cat health & behaviour 17 September 12th 06 03:45 PM
Can a (mostly) lurker request some purrs? Suzanne Thompson Cat anecdotes 23 January 8th 06 11:15 PM
Lurker cat-pix - at last! cathyxyz Cat anecdotes 7 September 11th 05 11:24 PM
Introduction Biskybabe Cat anecdotes 15 June 28th 05 02:33 PM
Introduction pistor Cat anecdotes 38 February 23rd 05 05:08 AM