BigBad: a case study

Old April 21st 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jesus

Default BigBad: a case study

Proposed Amended Criteria for the Narcissistic Personality Disorder

Feels grandiose and self-important (e.g., exaggerates accomplishments,
talents, skills, contacts, and personality traits to the point of
lying, demands to be
recognised as superior without commensurate achievements);

Is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, fame, fearsome power
or omnipotence, unequalled brilliance (the cerebral narcissist),
bodily beauty or sexual performance (the somatic narcissist), or
ideal, everlasting, all-conquering love or passion;

Firmly convinced that he or she is unique and, being special, can only
be understood by, should only be treated by, or associate with, other
special or unique, or high-status people (or institutions);

Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation -
or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious
(Narcissistic Supply);

Feels entitled. Demands automatic and full compliance with his or her
unreasonable expectations for special and favourable priority
treatment;
Is "interpersonally exploitative", i.e., uses others to achieve his or
her own ends;

Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with,
acknowledge, or accept the feelings, needs, preferences, priorities,
and choices of others;

Constantly envious of others and seeks to hurt or destroy the objects
of his or her frustration. Suffers from persecutory (paranoid)
delusions as he or she believes that they feel the same about him or
her and are likely to act similarly;

Behaves arrogantly and haughtily. Feels superior, omnipotent,
omniscient, invincible, immune, "above the law", and omnipresent
(magical thinking). Rages when frustrated, contradicted, or confronted
by people he or she considers inferior to him or her and unworthy.

Old April 23rd 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Apr 21, 5:43 pm, Jesus wrote:

Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with,
acknowledge, or accept the feelings, needs, preferences, priorities,
and choices of others;

Copy/paste your little MDM VII excerpts somewhere else, i've been nice
to you.

just shows you can't judge a book by the cover, being honest with
myself, that description doesn't even remotely size me up.

yawn

Old April 23rd 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Apr 21, 5:43 pm, Jesus wrote:

hey dummy

what does your mdm say about people who know just how to push people
like yous buttons?

Old April 23rd 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Apr 21, 5:43 pm, Jesus wrote:
[...]

i put you right up there with, john doe, steve wertz, peterlucas and
lynne

what does mdm say about people who let people like me own them?
is something to it! why else are you obsessing?
dont you think that's a little abnormal?

Old April 23rd 07, 05:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jesus

QED

The narcissistic defense mechanisms and their behavioral
manifestations - diffuse rage, idealization and devaluation,
exploitation - are useless. That the narcissist is flattered by the
attention he receives renders him more vulnerable. Nor can the
narcissist come to terms with his need for help ***or acknowledge that
wrongful behavior on his part may have contributed somehow to the
situation. His self-image as an infallible, mighty, all-knowing
person, far superior to others, won't let him admit to shortfalls or
mistakes.***

Old April 23rd 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Apr 23, 12:20 am, Jesus wrote:
QED

snip bsall-knowing
person, far superior to others, won't let him admit to shortfalls or
mistakes.***

I might be competitive, but un-approachable or un-teachable I'm not.

Last week alone, I apologized to Lori, Cybercat, and K. doesn't sound
much like someone you describe now does it.

ok, I get it.. this time try look up, "why does everybody love barry"

I think we all know what this is about.

Old April 23rd 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Apr 23, 12:47 am, Jesus wrote:
On Apr 23, 12:40 am, Barry wrote:

Last week alone, I apologized to Lori, Cybercat, and K.

Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation -
or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious
(Narcissistic Supply)

Which part of "I am a nobody" did you not understand.

I'm a nobody.

Old April 24th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jesus

On Apr 23, 9:47 am, Barry wrote:
Which part of "I am a nobody" did you not understand.

I'm a nobody.

Good monkey!

Step 1: admitting that one has a serious, uncontrollable problem

Go on.

Old April 24th 07, 02:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Apr 23, 9:29 pm, Jesus wrote:

Step 1: admitting that one has a serious, uncontrollable problem

Go on.

all I said was "I am a nobody"...

you going to tell me I am?

no wait! you declare me omnipotent! and able to pass through
muther****ing walls.

I like your version of me better.

Give me something substantial, all this ****ing milk is making my
stomach growl. I wouldn't feed this bull**** ****-ass puny "the devil
made me do it" ignorant inbred philosophy to my worst enemy.

You can barely find your ass, and if you poked it with a curved
stick.. you wouldn't know it from a hole in the ground.

pet your little project man... bang your head some more you little
mutherscruncher

is that the best your educated men can come up with? Jesus!

I think you would do better to use your own poets to define me.
I ain't feelin none of this.