Toxoplasmosis

Old May 11th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Toxoplasmosis

Hi,

The cat of our neighbours recently died. Bunny was losing weight and
was calm and depressed and displayed incoordination . Bob & Jane went
to vet I think he didn't do a good job because they have been there
several times and he could have known that these symptoms were more
serious than flue. If your cat has this kind of problems don't wait
too long and if you are not sure look at http://www.webcats.eu (page
Cat Diseases 2) where this illnes is very well described.

Old May 11th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 11 May, 16:24, wrote:
Hi,

The cat of our neighbours recently died. Bunny was losing weight and
was calm and depressed and displayed incoordination . Bob & Jane went
to vet I think he didn't do a good job because they have been there
several times and he could have known that these symptoms were more
serious than flue. If your cat has this kind of problems don't wait
too long and if you are not sure look athttp://www.webcats.eu(page
Cat Diseases 2) where this illnes is very well described.

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. I can't speak
for others, but I think I can say that there is a common misconception
in the UK that toxmoplasmosis is something that a cat Carry's & can
shed, but I never knew that it could kill them.

Over here, as in any country, we have monthly magazines that are
intended to educate cat owners about their cats and other stories
based on cats too.
In last months issue I read a very moving story regarding a very young
couple that had been trying to have children for several years, & on
their final treatment of IVF, the young lady got pregnant, but
unfortunately, she had a little kitty that was still potty training &
through not wearing appropriate protection, she contracted the
toxmoplasmosis & lost the child. It was a very humane inspiring story
designed to move readers one would imagine. However, not once in the
entire article did it mention that Cats are in danger of dying
themselves @ all!! I find it shocking, & to be honest I am down right
angry that they are the professionals, & they omitted to warn us that
it isn't just pregnant women who are @ risk here, but the cats as
well!

In fact I am so angry about this, that I decided to email them to ask
that very question. I sent a copy to the Editor & also the in house
Veterinary surgeon that they employ to ask why they felt it wasn't
necessary to warn us that cats are @ risk too.

I will let you know what they had to say when I recieve a reply

Thank you for bringing it to our attention...

S;o)