Vocal Males

Old May 26th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Vocal Males

I have 3 males, all rescues. All are nuetered. Two were blood
brothers. They are about 2 years old. And nuetered in 2/07 upon
adoption. My third guy is 8yo. I am not sure if his prior parent
nuetured him at a young age or not. I have had him since 4/07.

My question is? Why do 2 out of the 3 call out like whole males? It is
one brother and the single male. All have Persian...the single guy
*yo) dose it as well as one of the brothers. He is part persian.

They are so loud I am afraid a neighbor will complain...

Pj

Old May 29th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

On May 26, 9:21 am, wrote:
I have 3 males, all rescues. All are nuetered. Two were blood
brothers. They are about 2 years old. And nuetered in 2/07 upon
adoption. My third guy is 8yo. I am not sure if his prior parent
nuetured him at a young age or not. I have had him since 4/07.

My question is? Why do 2 out of the 3 call out like whole males? It is
one brother and the single male. All have Persian...the single guy
*yo) dose it as well as one of the brothers. He is part persian.

They are so loud I am afraid a neighbor will complain...

Pj

Are they playful? Sometimes one of my cats will caterwaul (though he
was neutered at six months and is 8 yo now) when he wants to play.
Try using a laser light or other interactive toys to get out that pent-
up energy.

Old May 29th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Patty

On Tue, 29 May 2007 16:40:03 -0400, T wrote:

In article .com,
says...
On May 26, 9:21 am, wrote:
I have 3 males, all rescues. All are nuetered. Two were blood
brothers. They are about 2 years old. And nuetered in 2/07 upon
adoption. My third guy is 8yo. I am not sure if his prior parent
nuetured him at a young age or not. I have had him since 4/07.

My question is? Why do 2 out of the 3 call out like whole males? It is
one brother and the single male. All have Persian...the single guy
*yo) dose it as well as one of the brothers. He is part persian.

They are so loud I am afraid a neighbor will complain...

Pj

Are they playful? Sometimes one of my cats will caterwaul (though he
was neutered at six months and is 8 yo now) when he wants to play.
Try using a laser light or other interactive toys to get out that pent-
up energy.

Interesting. My Angie is a vocal cat. Though her vocalizations tell you
something vs. asking something.

For example, if she's in your lap and you attempt to get up, she'll give
a little meow to let you know she isn't happy about it. She's a very
interesting cat.

And, my Rusty, neutered at 6 months "talks" constantly. He comes in the
house and constantly has a sort of "trill/hum" noise he makes. My husband
says he got used to doing that because I constantly talk to him and talk
back to him when you makes his sound. However, Grady, also neutered at the
same age, was a very quiet cat and hardly even meowed. I think that, just
like people, some cats are more vocal than others.

Patty

Very Vocal Kitty Starstruckchaos Cat health & behaviour 5 July 15th 06 08:53 PM
siamese cat being very vocal cher kibbe ( catwoman8180 via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 7 April 22nd 05 12:01 PM
Lindy gets vocal Yoj Cat anecdotes 6 October 5th 04 01:13 AM
Spraying Males Tiners Cats - misc 14 May 18th 04 04:52 AM
Harvey is vocal Hopitus2 Cat anecdotes 14 March 16th 04 05:50 AM