my new companion

Old May 26th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
David Mooney

Default my new companion

Hello everyone,
Is there an Internet site where I can post pictures of my cats? I am
computer illiterate and do not know to create a website or afford to pay
someone to do it for me.

My first cat, Velvet, was rescued at a animal place in May 2002. She was
only about 12 weeks old. Then, in July 2003 my brother gave me a young
tortie, which I named Rusty and she was about 3 months old.

In December 2005 I found Romeo, a tuxedo cat, about 6 months of age show up
at my place and at first he wanted nothing to do with me. I would say, "Here
kitty, kitty, kitty" and reach for him and he would withdraw a short
distance. This went on a number of times but he finally got close enough
where I got him into my arms.

Now there is Jacob, brown and white, about 10 weeks old. I got him from my
sister, who had a litter and was seeking others to give the other kittens
too. I am glad I got my six-toed wonder.

I do have a question though - why do my three other cats avoid the kitten
all the time? They are not hostile, they just don't interact with the new
arrival. Rusty showed some displeasure when I took in Romeo but she became
friends with him.

This, however, has been going on for 2 weeks since I got Jacob and I don't
see no thawing of the wall that the other 3 cats have built around them.

Thanks,
David M

Old May 26th 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mariib via CatKB.com

David Mooney wrote:
[...]

here's a couple free photo sharing websites - EASY to use!
I use & like webshots, there's nothing major to do, just register & sign up
for a free account, the instructions are easy to follow. You can upload
pictures to the site a couple different ways, without any special software,
or faster by (following simple instructions & ) downloading their software
"desktop application + software" www.webshots.com

Other people here have used photobucket www.photobucket.com or picasa web
albums through Google http://picasa.google.com/

It's fun! Good luck.
M.

Old May 26th 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
David Mooney

"mariib via CatKB.com" u22469@uwe wrote in message
David Mooney wrote:
[...]

Thank You very much Mari,
David M

Old May 26th 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"David Mooney" wrote

Thank You very much Mari,
David M

There is also Yahoo photos.

I want to see your kitty!!

Old May 26th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

David Mooney wrote:
[...]

Depending on your IP, you could just subscribe and upload to
alt.binary.pictures.animals, then keep it (its often interesting)
or hit unsubscribe.

HTH
--
Pitô.ônya

Old May 26th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mariib via CatKB.com

cybercat wrote:
Thank You very much Mari,
David M

There is also Yahoo photos.

I want to see your kitty!!

..........but Yahoo photos is being discontinued in a couple months - along
with other extra goodies that were offered by Yahoo, too much competition
from Google - something about Yahoo transferring their service to Flickr &
I'm totally unfamiliar with it. I still like Webshots! Here's one link about
Yahoo photos closing down
http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/05...otos/index.php
M.

Old May 26th 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 26 May, 17:54, "David Mooney" wrote:
[...]

your other cats will calm down , it may take a while though, have you
done things liek exchange bed linen with their different scents on it
between the various pusscats? it is easier to integrate kittens with
adults I think, I took on a 7 year old (we think) puss cat who had
been left behind by some people in our town when they moved (they will
get their just desserts inthe next life i assure you) and I already
had a 16-17 year old puss who was basically queen of all she surveyed
in our house, as it should be really. this was abuot 2 months ago and
jessie the older cat still hisses at terri the younger new addition on
oocasion, and they still keep their distance with terri staying very
much downstairs and not daring to go upstairs ever (except the one
time i heard loud snoring comign from the airing cupboard on the
landing and she was in there havign a snooze, bless her furry little
heart).

also have you tried a Feliway diffuser? you get them from your vets, i
ahve bothered with mine as they are slowly getting used to each other,
but others have found them to be helpful. they release artificial cat
pheromeones into the air in your home and hepl to calm the cats down.

as for your kitty pictures I MUST SEE THEM!!!!! i am similarly
computer illiterate and I managed to upload some on to a picasa
website go to www.picasa.com i think, that should work

here for you benefit (cos every else has seen them ad nauseum) are my
pusscats on a picasa site
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/bookerama

not all of kitties,some of a lambing day I went to over easter at a
local farm where i got to cuddle a little lamb, but you get the idea

enjoy, bookie

Old May 27th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 26 May, 22:59, bookie wrote:
[...]

enjoy, bookie- Hide quoted text -

I took on a 7 year old (we think) puss cat who had
been left behind by some people in our town when they moved (they will
get their just desserts inthe next life i assure you)

Too right!!

Also, look @ it from a human point of view, it might be easier....

Imagine having 5 children of different ages, & announcing, "Hey kids",
here is another child I just found down the road..I have decided to
keep it & from now on you will all be sharing the same bedroom,
bathroom, & living quarters.. Oh, & by the way, you have to like it
too"..It kind of puts things in to perspective from the cats point of
view, doesn't it?

(I am *certainly not* berating you BTW, merely asking if you can see
it from the cats point of view; far from it, I am overflowing with
cats currently!!) Baring that in mind, it does help you to see it from
thier point of view rather than your own. That is exactly how I learnt
to see it from thier point.....

I would imagine that as the fist 2-3 were of a similar age, they
didn't mind too much, but now they are being told that they have to
like it or lump it, so they are rebelling a little bit. ( like all
teenagers, I guess they are just being a little stroppy for want of a
better way of expressing it..??!!)

I am certain with time however, that things will get a little easier
for them as they get to know one another. As we all get older, we
become less tolerant than we used to be in years gone by. It is the
same for cats as well. But the more time they have to get used to the
idea, the easier it becomes for the others. Bookie's suggestions are
very good & could be very worthwhile trying some of her idea's because
they have certainly worked for me in the past. Even if they never
learn to love one another, they will learn to tolerate each other, &
how not to tick each other off...

I wish you the best of luck with both your cat's & also your web site
too. I find Piccasa 2 very good indeed...

S;o)