Ping Candace; Phoenix Vet Story

Old June 12th 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sherry

Default Ping Candace; Phoenix Vet Story

I just read a story about a Phoenix vet charged with animal cruelty
after hitting a Chihuahua with his fist, dislodging the dog's eye,
becuase he was being "uncooperative." The dog was a patient to be
spayed.

I know you live very near that city, and was wondering if it's a vet
you're familiar with. Also wondering how
likely this guy is to get the book thrown at him. I hope so, *because*
of the fact he's a vet, and hasn't
just committed animal cruelty, but a horrible breach of trust. There
was a vet here who starved his own herd of horses once. I just
couldn't believe it. I know vets are just people, and there are good &
bad. At least I hope
the publicity will remind all of us to never hold anyone in charge of
our pets above reproach. If I get a bad feeling about a vet, he's
fired.

Sherry

Old June 12th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

On Jun 12, 7:15 am, Sherry wrote:
I just read a story about a Phoenix vet charged with animal cruelty
after hitting a Chihuahua with his fist, dislodging the dog's eye,
becuase he was being "uncooperative." The dog was a patient to be
spayed.

Hi, Sherry, yes, I live right in Phoenix. The vet was from Sun City
West, all part of the "Valley of the Sun." No, I never heard of him.
I saw him on the news last night. He seemed like a cocky dick,
insisting he did nothing wrong but smirking the whole time. The whole
story was kind of sketchy but I guess it was his vet tech(s) who
reported him. They showed the poor dog, "Bella," with her little eye
all messed up, wearing an E-collar. That's about all I know, Dr.
Joshua Something or Other. I hope they nail him, too, cuz he looked
like a jerk.

Candace

Old June 12th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sherry

On Jun 12, 10:00 am, Candace wrote:
On Jun 12, 7:15 am, Sherry wrote:

I just read a story about a Phoenix vet charged with animal cruelty
after hitting a Chihuahua with his fist, dislodging the dog's eye,
becuase he was being "uncooperative." The dog was a patient to be
spayed.

Hi, Sherry, yes, I live right in Phoenix. The vet was from Sun City
West, all part of the "Valley of the Sun." No, I never heard of him.
I saw him on the news last night. He seemed like a cocky dick,
insisting he did nothing wrong but smirking the whole time. The whole
story was kind of sketchy but I guess it was his vet tech(s) who
reported him. They showed the poor dog, "Bella," with her little eye
all messed up, wearing an E-collar. That's about all I know, Dr.
Joshua Something or Other. I hope they nail him, too, cuz he looked
like a jerk.

Candace

Oh man, I'm glad you thought so, too. Because I looked at his photo
and first
thing I thought was, "Yeah, you look like someone who'd beat up a
chihuahua."
Which sounds like a totally irrational thought.
Thanks for the reply. Keep us posted if you hear how the story turns
out.

Sherry

Old June 13th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 12 Jun, 15:15, Sherry wrote:
[...]

that is just NASTY, i hope they giev this guy a good beating, how coud
la chihuahua be 'uncooperative' for gods sake? if it was about to be
spayed it would have been sedated or something and no need to have
it's cooperation.
the man is obviously a complete **** of the highest order and if I
were the owners of the little doggie i would not be waiting for the
police and the courts to do anything, i would be waiting outside that
mans house with a baseball bat, see how he likes having his eye gouged
out

what a nasty nasty piece of ****, this story just makes me so angry,
the man should not just be struck off, he should be locked up,
preferably somwhere where he is going to get buggered senseless every
day by the other inmates.
just ****ign unnecessary

bookie

Old June 13th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Sherry wrote:
[...]

Some vets are real pricks. I have never seen a vet hit an animal but
I have seen a vet tech do it and I chewed her a new asshole and
reported her to the head vet (another asshole). Since there was no
damage to the animal, it was my word against hers. After that, if she
ever hit an animal in front of me, I'd say something. She worked
there for something like 20 years so of course she could do no wrong.
That's one of the main reasons I left the practice.

-L.

Old June 13th 07, 01:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 13 Jun, 03:50, "-L." wrote:
Sherry wrote:
[...]

-L.- Hide quoted text -

good for you, but you are not doing much for my faith in human nature
(what's left) or trust in vets. why do people work as vets and vet
nurses if they are going to behave like this? are they people who like
hitting and abusing animals and so take the job so they can fulfil
they desire to do so (kind of like a kiddie fiddler working in a
nursery).

we trust the safety and welfare of our nearest and dearest loved ones
to these people and this is what happens to these poor trustign
animals who have either never experienced such abuse and malice before
or, and this may be worse, they have experienced it a long time ago
and have only just been able to be rehabilitated from previous evil
treatment at the hands of humans and this kind of thing just undoes
all the good work that has been done by a caring owner.

please keep us up to date on what happens to this evil vet in pheonix,
i will enjoy reading that he has been sent down or something

bookie

Old June 13th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sherry

On Jun 13, 7:23 am, bookie wrote:

good for you, but you are not doing much for my faith in human nature
(what's left) or trust in vets. why do people work as vets and vet
nurses if they are going to behave like this? are they people who like
hitting and abusing animals and so take the job so they can fulfil
they desire to do so (kind of like a kiddie fiddler working in a
nursery).

That's just it. It's like a daycare worker abusing children. Whether
he's on a power trip, or just hates his job and takes out his
frustrations
on the animals, who knows?
No one should *ever* trust a vet because he's a vet. (and that
statement
is from experience--not an abusive vet, but I trusted an incompetent
vet once)

Hang around as much as you can and don't let them do anything behind
closed doors, if it's a minor thing like lancing an abscess, or an
exam.

I had a vet even let me watch a dog spay once. It was *really*
interesting
and not at all bloody like I expected. It was so cute when he was
bringing her
out of anesthesia. He was talking to her, by name; and if you hadn't
been
watching, you'd swear he was talking to a child.

Sherry

Candace? Rhonda Cat health & behaviour 3 February 15th 06 07:00 PM
Ping - Candace -- Question about Marbles -- Very Long Lorraine Cat health & behaviour 2 August 8th 05 02:31 PM
Ping Candace (and others) - How's Abbey (and other kitties)? CatNipped Cat health & behaviour 7 July 8th 05 06:26 AM
Ping Candace Re Abbey CatNipped Cat health & behaviour 6 June 4th 05 02:26 AM
PING Yowie - Share a story, please? Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 6 December 14th 03 03:15 PM