SICK and TIRED of people dumping their animals......

Old June 19th 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default SICK and TIRED of people dumping their animals......

I am SICK and tired of cleaning up after people. I live in NY and
just recently my wife and I went to the catering hall that is hosting
our wedding and noticed a cat eating out of a catering dish. We asked
the catering manager and he told us that someone dumped him and that
he has been there for about 4 months. We have found several cats
homes in the past. We live in a very small apt. and have 4 cats. We
didn't get him yet, we are thinking this weekend.

I really don't understand why people dump a member of their family.
These low life people are too ignorant to realize that a house cat
cannot live off berries and leaves. IMHO there should be large fines
for people doing this. I guess you can't expect people to be kind to
animals when they can't be kind to each other. I am just sick and
tired of this kind of thing.

Old June 19th 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am SICK and tired of cleaning up after people. I live in NY and
just recently my wife and I went to the catering hall that is hosting
our wedding and noticed a cat eating out of a catering dish. We asked
the catering manager and he told us that someone dumped him and that
he has been there for about 4 months. We have found several cats
homes in the past. We live in a very small apt. and have 4 cats. We
didn't get him yet, we are thinking this weekend.

I really don't understand why people dump a member of their family.
These low life people are too ignorant to realize that a house cat
cannot live off berries and leaves. IMHO there should be large fines
for people doing this. I guess you can't expect people to be kind to
animals when they can't be kind to each other. I am just sick and
tired of this kind of thing.

I don't blame you. It is sickening. Just look at what people do to other
PEOPLE, and it is not so surprising what they do to little creatures.

Old June 20th 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 20 Jun, 01:38, T wrote:
In article . com,
says...

I am SICK and tired of cleaning up after people. I live in NY and
just recently my wife and I went to the catering hall that is hosting
our wedding and noticed a cat eating out of a catering dish. We asked
the catering manager and he told us that someone dumped him and that
he has been there for about 4 months. We have found several cats
homes in the past. We live in a very small apt. and have 4 cats. We
didn't get him yet, we are thinking this weekend.

I really don't understand why people dump a member of their family.
These low life people are too ignorant to realize that a house cat
cannot live off berries and leaves. IMHO there should be large fines
for people doing this. I guess you can't expect people to be kind to
animals when they can't be kind to each other. I am just sick and
tired of this kind of thing.

There's a special place in hell for people who simply abandon a family
pet.- Hide quoted text -

i truly hope so, and i hope they have to suffer an eternity of pain
and torment for what they have done in abandoning a poor defencless
little creature who most likely gave them nothing but love and loyalty
and undying devotion throughout their tiny life which was then thrown
back in their face because they got too old/big/sick/didn't match the
new curtains. Utterly horrendous the way humans abandon these animals
who depend on us for their welfare, who we have brought up to depend
on us and live in our world to our rules, these poor littl;e mites who
probably trusted their 'mums and dads' to look after them, who then
let them down.

god it makes so angry
i now have to go downstairs and cuddle my naughty tortie who is asleep
in her bed on the sofa (she like her bed to be on the sofa, dunno why,
just does) and just that happened to her; old owners left her behind
to fend for herself when they moved house, thoroughly despicable, and
she is the most gentle and timid little smudgy chocolate angel in the
world. They didn;t deserve her, They left her behind in january to
cope outside inthe cold and rain, and she deserves much better cos she
is my little chocolate princess and she si never going to go through
that again.

grrrrrr bookie

Old June 20th 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lilah Morgan

"bookie" wrote in message
oups.com...

god it makes so angry
i now have to go downstairs and cuddle my naughty tortie who is asleep
in her bed on the sofa (she like her bed to be on the sofa, dunno why,
just does) and just that happened to her; old owners left her behind
to fend for herself when they moved house, thoroughly despicable, and
she is the most gentle and timid little smudgy chocolate angel in the
world. They didn;t deserve her, They left her behind in january to
cope outside inthe cold and rain, and she deserves much better cos she
is my little chocolate princess and she si never going to go through
that again.

That's how we got Shadowbear(our oldest dog, she's 3-4years). Our former
neighbors(the ones I mentioned with the too chatty kids in the Help my cat
is a serial killer thread) a few days 'fore Christmas 2003 were coming home,
and going over the railroad tracks they spotted something, and it was a
widdle puppy, and it had been snowing/raining and such, and she was all cold
and wet, and so they took her home. She wasn't there when they went past the
tracks the first time(they just went to check the mail), so most likely she
was just dumped. They were going to put her in with their dogs and take her
to the shelter on Monday(this happened on a Saturday), so the older kid
asked for my help to put her in the dog run(wanted me to hold the pup while
he opened the gate so the dogs wouldn't get out, but their dogs to put it
mildly didn't take to her, they acted like they would tear her apart(and
still acted that way years later), and the pup when I put her down didn't
leave my feet, and when I picked her back up after their dogs got all ****y,
she just clung to me, so they asked if I would keep her for the weekend, and
I agreed. 3 and a half years later...well it's been a pretty damned long
weekend haha. I named her Shadowbear because A: she wouldn't go more than 2
feet from me for the longest time(even into the bathroom), hence the Shadow
part of her name, and B: she's full grown now, and her paws are the same
size now as when we got her, so we thought based on how big they were given
the rest of her size, she was gonna be huge, which the Bear part of her name
came from. And she's a great doggie. She's not only very pretty, but very
well trained(finally) and friendly.

Old June 20th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 20 Jun, 03:01, "Lilah Morgan" wrote:
"bookie" wrote in message

[...]

yes terri the tortie was only supposed to be with us for a few weeks
until the previous owners came to their sense and returned my calls
and came to get her, but they didn't (I wouldnt give her back anyway,
they don't know how to treat an animal). then I though i woudl try and
find her a new home and that has kind of stalled really.
i couldn;t put her into a shelter as she is so scaredy and timid that
it woudl destroy her and as she is not very friendly to strangers she
may not be picked by prospective pwners as she will not 'sell herself'
very well being all timid and shy, so she is here for the foreseeable
furture. She seems very happy with it all and has her bed and her
little hideaway corners to snooze in and her bush to sit under in the
garden so i don't wnat to go upsetting her with more upheaval.

any pictures of shadowbear?
bookie

Old June 20th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lilah Morgan

"bookie" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

Here's the best closeup of her(doesn't she have pretty eyes?):
http://www.roachsrealm.com/locus/Shadowbear02.jpg and a full body shot(she
loves winter): http://www.roachsrealm.com/locus/Shadowbear10.jpg and another
half closeup, where you see her 'freckles' on her snout:
http://www.roachsrealm.com/locus/Shadowbear03.jpg

And we did put a notice up at the shelter about finding her just in case she
actually did get lost and wasn't abandoned, but no calls. So she's mine now
and **** whoever left a puppy in the cold rain/snow by railroad tracks in
the middle of winter.

Old June 20th 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Dave Whiley

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am SICK and tired of cleaning up after people. I live in NY and
just recently my wife and I went to the catering hall that is hosting
our wedding and noticed a cat eating out of a catering dish. We asked
the catering manager and he told us that someone dumped him and that
he has been there for about 4 months. We have found several cats
homes in the past. We live in a very small apt. and have 4 cats. We
didn't get him yet, we are thinking this weekend.

I really don't understand why people dump a member of their family.
These low life people are too ignorant to realize that a house cat
cannot live off berries and leaves. IMHO there should be large fines
for people doing this. I guess you can't expect people to be kind to
animals when they can't be kind to each other. I am just sick and
tired of this kind of thing.

A friend of mine has acquired four cats in this way, all of them obviously
former pets. Three just turned up one by one in her garden, looking thin
and hungry, and the fourth is the daughter of another cat who was not just
half-starved, but pregnant too. (This was in September, the vet reckoned
she was about a year old - so unspayed Christmas kitten gets pregnant and
then dumped?) She had to be re-homed because she *really* didn't get on
with any of the cats already resident.

I also get newsletters from a rescue centre regularly. In the latest one
they mention not one, but two stray cats who were microchipped, but when
they contacted the owners they "didn't want them back". Unbelieveable.

At least they're now living somewhere they're actually wanted.

--
Dave

not-me should be djw401 and there's no need for any wossname

Old June 20th 07, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lilah Morgan

"Dave Whiley" wrote in message

I also get newsletters from a rescue centre regularly. In the latest one
they mention not one, but two stray cats who were microchipped, but when
they contacted the owners they "didn't want them back". Unbelieveable.

The previous owners went through all the trouble of microchipping them and
didn't want them back? 'the ****?! I thought the whole point of
microchipping was to get your cat back if they ever got lost(when they get
found and checked for a chip).

Old June 21st 07, 01:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 20 Jun, 19:17, "Lilah Morgan" wrote:
"bookie" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

what a cutie, i bet she adores you, and I agree; **** the nasty sods
who abandoned her, I hope they get thrown out into the cold when they
are old and inconctinent by their families and see what it is liek to
be abandoned when they need love and help the most.