proff. grooming?

Old July 13th 07, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul

Default proff. grooming?

I have 2 lg. male tabbies, brothers...very long hair (fixed) my late
husband picked them out I never would got long hairs but of coarse I
love them dearly now

Moe is getting groomed first because he has those tight lumps of hair
all over him (without my husbands income I couldn't pay before now)
and he'll get shaved around the butt

what else do they do when they're groomed? and what should I be
looking for in a groomer, she doesn't want the Moms or Dads there (her
words) when groomed

also Rudy has long hair, doesn't have Moe's problem though and I can
brush him

I can't afford to take him until next month, will do the butt shave

During heat, should they be shaved more? or hair cut shorter

I don't know anything about grooming, have had many cats or they had
me : ) but never had to anything but brush them

any info much appreciated, TY

ensoul

Death puts life into perspective.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nothing is permanent
~Buddha

Old July 13th 07, 06:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"ensoul" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I have never had my cats professionally groomed, so I will leave your
questions to those who have. However, I would like to suggest that you see
out a different groomer. The groomer should not object to having you
present -- and if it were my cat, I would *insist* on being present. You
want to make sure your cats are not unnecessarily restrained, and your
presence should have a calming effect. Incidentally, it would be a good
idea to spray some Feliway in the carrier about 20 minutes before you put
your cat in it for transportation to the groomer. That will also have a
calming effect. Do *not* use the type of groomers found at places like
PetSmart, where there are likely to be a variety of people and types of
animals in the same facility.

MaryL

Old July 13th 07, 01:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

. ..

" I have never had my cats professionally groomed, so I will leave your
questions to those who have. However, I would like to suggest that you
see out a different groomer.
MaryL

Sorry...that should have said "seek out" (not "see out").

MaryL