Now *THAT* was unexpected!

Old July 21st 07, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

Default Now *THAT* was unexpected!

Tayla, who's a little love bug (and maybe should have been an "only" cat)
was cuddling with me on the sofa in the great room, then moved to the end
table to lay down. Jessie was walking past coming from the living room and
heading downstairs when Tayla jumped up, started yowling, and chased Jessie
down the stairs. I heard *LOTS* of yowling then and grabbed my squirt
bottle and started to head down the stairs. I saw Jessie hightailing it up
the stairs and aimed the squirt bottle behind her, but it *WASN'T* Tayla
chasing her up the stairs. ??!!! IT WAS SAMMY ??!! Then Sammy turned
around, went back down the stairs and chased Tayla under the futon in my
sitting room - and then sat there guarding it for the next 15 minutes. Now,
at 18 pounds of pure muscle Sammy is more than twice as big as any other cat
in the house - if she ever takes it into her head to be the boss cat,
there's no doubt she'll succeed. But she has always been such a wuss
before, even letting little Jessie beat the crap out of her. This little
worm sure has turned!!!!

??? Since all claws are clipped, and there hasn't been any contact yet just
a lot of kitty cursing and threats, I'm just going to let this play out for
a while. I'm going to put Tayla back into her room tonight to give everyone
a break, but in the end this is something they're going to have to sort out
by themselves!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 21st 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 15:17:36 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

[...]

It sounds like she was trying to "keep the peace".....MLB
Old July 21st 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like Rumble very easy going till he gets a hair up you know where
and reminds everyone in the house he is the boss and if you don't like it
this is what you are going to get. But Poor Rumble Ka'Shay goes into
submissive mode till Rumble turns and She grabs his back legs which Rumble
can't stand he jumps in the air having a fit just to go running off telling
everyone his troubles.

Got to love slave hood would never give it up