Da Boyz - Full Video

Old July 28th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

Default Da Boyz - Full Video

This is the full video of "da boyz". It is about 29Mb, so it will take a
while to download.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...yz/Da_Boyz.mpg

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 28th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

"CatNipped" wrote:

This is the full video of "da boyz". It is about 29Mb, so it will
take a while to download.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...yz/Da_Boyz.mpg

I suppose you already know this, but another way to distribute a video
is by uploading it to a binaries group.

For example:

alt.binaries.friends

If your server carries it, that's a good one since it's practically
extinct (no other posts). Uploading the binary might take some getting
used to, but it's easy enough with practice.

Much thanks for the video.
Old July 29th 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
roachies shuffle

On Jul 28, 7:35 pm, John Doe wrote:

Much thanks for the video.

no bitch, everybody can't be as perfect as you

if you spent more time enjoying life rather than "tweaking" it, you'd
might could be a happier person there in TEXAS

Old July 29th 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
roachies shuffle

"CatNipped" wrote:
This is the full video of "da boyz". It is about 29Mb, so it will
take a while to download.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...yz/Da_Boyz.mpg

I suppose you already know this, but another way to distribute a video
is by uploading it to a binaries group.

For example:

alt.binaries.friends

If your server carries it, that's a good one since it's practically
extinct (no other posts). Uploading the binary might take some getting
used to, but it's easy enough with practice.

Much thanks for the video.

oh and, no charge dude

Old July 29th 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

roachies shuffle brryprrsh yahoo.com wrote:

On Jul 28, 7:35 pm, John Doe j... usenetlove.invalid wrote:

Much thanks for the video.

no bitch, everybody can't be as perfect as you

Fortunately everyone isn't as chronically insulting and vile as you,
Barry.

if you spent more time enjoying life rather than "tweaking" it,

If the video were uploaded to a newsgroup server, typical World Wide
Web bandwidth problems can be eliminated.

But it's all good, I just remembered to enable Flash Player so I can
see the video now.

To the original poster CatNipped: that's cute.

you'd might could be a happier person there in TEXAS

I don't think happiness is ever on your agenda, Barry, or you are very
misguided in search of.

From: roachies shuffle brryprrsh yahoo.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Da Boyz - Full Video
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 10:38:47 -0700

Old July 29th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

"John Doe" wrote in message
et...
"CatNipped" wrote:

This is the full video of "da boyz". It is about 29Mb, so it will
take a while to download.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...yz/Da_Boyz.mpg

I suppose you already know this, but another way to distribute a video
is by uploading it to a binaries group.

For example:

alt.binaries.friends

If your server carries it, that's a good one since it's practically
extinct (no other posts). Uploading the binary might take some getting
used to, but it's easy enough with practice.

What's the advantage of doing that as opposed to posting it on my web site?
I know the files are big (especially the last one I just uploaded) - but
that's probably I could do with my software if I could just figure out how
(I'm using a Kodak camera which saves it as an .mov, and ArcSoft Showbiz DVD
to change it into an .mpg). I looked at the settings but I don't see
anywhere that I could change the compression. I thought muting the sound
might same some file space, but it came out exactly the same size.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Much thanks for the video.

Old July 30th 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 29 Jul, 22:51, "CatNipped" wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message

et...

"CatNipped" wrote:

[...]

Much thanks for the video.- Hide quoted text -

i have just given up on dowlaoding this movie, i started trying to,
then made a cup of tea, did some hoovering, finished the crossword and
it is still downloading, so I have given up.
i am sure it was very entertaining indeed

bookie

Old July 30th 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 29 Jul, 18:38, roachies shuffle wrote:
On Jul 28, 7:35 pm, John Doe wrote:

Much thanks for the video.

no bitch, everybody can't be as perfect as you

if you spent more time enjoying life rather than "tweaking" it, you'd
might could be a happier person there in TEXAS

what the **** is this guy on about now? what does "you'd might could
be a happier person there in TEXAS" mean anyway? is it some sort of
code?
anyone willing and able to translate?
bookie

Old July 30th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mariib via CatKB.com

bookie wrote:
Much thanks for the video.

no bitch, everybody can't be as perfect as you

if you spent more time enjoying life rather than "tweaking" it, you'd
might could be a happier person there in TEXAS

what the **** is this guy on about now? what does "you'd might could
be a happier person there in TEXAS" mean anyway? is it some sort of
code?
anyone willing and able to translate?
bookie

Not code & have no idea what he's unhappy about now, but Barry seems to be be
saying something typically obscure about catnipped who lives (I'm pretty sure)
in Houston, Texas. The video of orange kitties is cute to watch.
M.

Old July 30th 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

"CatNipped" wrote:

What's the advantage of doing that as opposed to posting it on my
web site?

After I temporarily enabled Flash Player, it worked great. I
definitely like being taken directly from here to there to view the
file. The fact there is no advertising makes it really very nice.

If you ever have bandwidth problems, or if you want to offer a bunch
of files for download and don't know of an easy way to do that from
your web site, then consider using a binaries group.

I enjoy downloading a file to my hard drive. For me that makes for
easier/convenient viewing. But I can probably do that from the link
you post, by changing a browser or QuickTime setting.

There are many possibilities. We aren't out of the woods yet.

I know the files are big (especially the last one I just uploaded) -
but that's probably I could do with my software if I could just
figure out how (I'm using a Kodak camera which saves it as an .mov,
and ArcSoft Showbiz DVD to change it into an .mpg).

Unless changing it to an MPG reduces file size, leave it as a MOV? My
browser opened it with QuickTime which is a MOV file player. QuickTime
is a free download for end users.

I looked at the settings but I don't see anywhere that I could
change the compression. I thought muting the sound might same some
file space, but it came out exactly the same size.

Just in case you didn't already know.
During recording with your Kodak camera, likely settings that affect
file size are movie size (like 320x240), frame rate (like 15 or more),
and movie length. After a quick glance, apparently my bottom-end Nikon
doesn't allow recording without sound. It does allow recording at
several different picture sizes, and at 15 or 30 frames per second.

Good luck and have fun.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Much thanks for the video.