premium canned cat foods

Old August 6th 07, 05:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Meghan Noecker

Default premium canned cat foods

Now that all 3 of the cats here are eatingcanned cat food, I would
really like to upgrade the quality of food. They are currently eating
Fancy Feast for canned (they get Innova, Felidae, and Royal Canin for
dry food). The flavor they all seem to like is beef and liver.

I'm going to see what Petco has in the way of canned cat foods, but I
would like some advice on what to try, especially if they have a beef
and liver flavor. I tried giving them a can of premium food (I think
it was Eagle), and Jay Jay wouldn't even get his face near it. He had
the most appalled look on his face. He did try a can of 9 lives beef
and liver when they were out of fancy feast. He ate some of it, b ut
obviously didn't care for it, and I wasn't impressed either. It was
cheap crap.

Anyway, he is more likely to give it a good try if it is a flavor he
already likes. And the latest cat to join us at the plate has only
shown up for the beef and liver flavor. She was a complete no-show for
2 years while serving chicken and liver (Jay Jay's only other flavor).

Chase will try most flavors, and continue to eat most, so I don't
worry about impressing him as much.

Old August 6th 07, 11:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Meghan Noecker" wrote in message
Now that all 3 of the cats here are eatingcanned cat food, I would
really like to upgrade the quality of food. They are currently eating
Fancy Feast for canned (they get Innova, Felidae, and Royal Canin for
dry food). The flavor they all seem to like is beef and liver.

I'm going to see what Petco has in the way of canned cat foods, but I
would like some advice on what to try, especially if they have a beef
and liver flavor.

Good luck. My girls hate everything PetSmart has to offer except
FF. Much wasted cat food in that effort.

Old August 6th 07, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

I'm going to see what Petco has in the way of canned cat foods, but I
would like some advice on what to try, especially if they have a beef
and liver flavor. I tried giving them a can of premium food (I think
it was Eagle), and Jay Jay wouldn't even get his face near it. He had
the most appalled look on his face. He did try a can of 9 lives beef
and liver when they were out of fancy feast. He ate some of it, b ut
obviously didn't care for it, and I wasn't impressed either. It was
cheap crap.

I haven't been impressed at what a lot of the "chain" pet stores carry
for food. I like Wellness (humane-grade food, no corn or fillers). You
can find a store on their web site: http://www.omhpet.com/

Nature's Variety is also good. I feed the raw, but they have canned as
well: http://naturesvariety.com/

Innova Evo is another good brand: http://www.naturapet.com/

Old August 6th 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Meghan Noecker wrote:
Now that all 3 of the cats here are eatingcanned cat food, I would
really like to upgrade the quality of food. --

Innova canned food reads well, but P2nya doesn't always finish even her 1/4
can. She always has dry food available and is offered 'wet' food morning
and evening.

Recently, we've been offering Sheba chicken and duck, with good results -
she really seems to like it - finishes her portion, but it isnt reccommended
for a regular diet. No additives of any kind, just chicken and duck, so not
a complete food.

Pitô.ônya