Q on frontline/flea med

Old September 3rd 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul

Default Q on frontline/flea med

my last cat, Sam even though she was an outdoor cat never had any flea
problems

now I have indoor, long hair brothers, Moe & Rudy....17 lbs a piece

Rudy was biting away & I check see little brown spots, ask a friend
since it had been more than 15 yrs since had a cat w/fleas...find out
they're droppings and I see fleas...everywhere

same friend had her cat die and she gave me her frontline, I checked
the date on it & it's for larger cats and it's not too old

I'm reading through hand out, it's says for cats keep them apart for
24 hrs? because of them grooming each other..I live in a very small
aprartment, temp. my daughter & 2 yr old granddaughter are here too!
I can't do that.

3 Q's

Do i need to keep them apart for 24 hrs?

or Could treat one cat, wait 3 or 4 days then treat the other?

appyling it, they're big guys, cats are very strong
my daughter is not helpful or not around
they don't like any of that crap

How do you keep the cat held down w/one arm and apply with the other?

once again I thank you all wish there was some way I could contribute
to the grp

lynn

There's beauty in the silver singing river,
There's beauty in the sunrise in the sky,
But none of these and nothing else can
match the beauty,
That I remember in my true love's eyes
~Bob Dylan

Old September 3rd 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail

It's very easy to apply. I don't think you need two people to do it. Apply
high up on the neck. I don't think it will be a problem not to separate the
two. I would do it ASAP.
Gail
ups.com...

Old September 3rd 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

On Sun 02 Sep 2007 10:20:19p, Gail wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav :

It's very easy to apply. I don't think you need two people to do
it. Apply high up on the neck. I don't think it will be a
problem not to separate the two. I would do it ASAP.

Agreed. And if they are that close, you might only need to treat one
of them and the residual treatment will keep the other one clear.

Remember the rule though. Vaccum vaccum vaccum (ok, I know that
isn't spelled right).

--
Cheryl

Old September 3rd 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
silvercelt

On 3 Sep, 03:29, Cheryl wrote:
On Sun 02 Sep 2007 10:20:19p, Gail wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav :

It's very easy to apply. I don't think you need two people to do
it. Apply high up on the neck. I don't think it will be a
problem not to separate the two. I would do it ASAP.

Agreed. And if they are that close, you might only need to treat one
of them and the residual treatment will keep the other one clear.

Remember the rule though. Vaccum vaccum vaccum (ok, I know that
isn't spelled right).

--
Cheryl

You don't need to separate them, you may need to treat house too if
they have fleas, as they live in environment and only go on pets to
feed. You can get sprays to treat the home as well. Wash all their
bedding too. You don't need to split them up for 24hours.

Old September 3rd 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ceide

On Sep 3, 10:20 am, silvercelt wrote:
On 3 Sep, 03:29, Cheryl wrote:

On Sun 02 Sep 2007 10:20:19p, Gail wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav :

It's very easy to apply. I don't think you need two people to do
it. Apply high up on the neck. I don't think it will be a
problem not to separate the two. I would do it ASAP.

Agreed. And if they are that close, you might only need to treat one
of them and the residual treatment will keep the other one clear.

Remember the rule though. Vaccum vaccum vaccum (ok, I know that
isn't spelled right).

--
Cheryl

You don't need to separate them, you may need to treat house too if
they have fleas, as they live in environment and only go on pets to
feed. You can get sprays to treat the home as well. Wash all their
bedding too. You don't need to split them up for 24hours.

Like everybody is telling you, you don't need to separate them . I put
the frontline in my 2 cats and I have never separated them. Open the
med before and keep it by you, wrap one cat in a towel so that he
can't get away, and place it on his outer part of the neck, upper part
and spread it a little with your finger , then do the other one. Like
the other posters have said, wash, if you can , where they sleep in
hot soapy water. If you want to know if there's fleas in the house,
place a white small towel, or sock or whatever white thing you have,
for a few minutes, 5-10 minutes. You will see the fleas in the white
cloth , if there's some. Then if there are, you probably will have to
use flea foggers to treat the areas. Good Luck!!

Old September 3rd 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul

thanks all for the reply on the flea trment Rudy will get soon as I
get off line as he has the worst

gotta wait on the vacuming (sp too) as I can't do it because of a
disability, no washer or dryer so back up to my Mom's house

I was keeping them out of my bdrm, there sleeping was the spare bdrm
now that my daughter & granddaughter are here it's my bedroom!
whoopie

got 3 month supplie that will take me into Nov should past flea
season as I live in the east

thanks again, never knew about the vacumming and washing stuff thought
new crap was wonder trmnt as it kills eggs, larve (sp) and keeps in
system

many thanks

Lynn