Laser Pointers

Old September 13th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dabanana1 via CatKB.com

Default Laser Pointers

Ok, so I am taking everyones advice and trying to distract Lucky every time
he tries to attack me. I had a laser pen that I was going to use, but the
batteries died and besides I wanted to get a new one that was easier to use.
The problem is that I can't find them anywhere, I have tried Walgreen's Wal-
Mart and Petsmart to try and find them and nothing. The guy at Wal-mart told
me that due to some stupid kid distracting a pilot with one, they are harder
to find. Come on, what kind of parent would watch as their kid did that?
Anyways, that is not really my question, my real question is: does anyone
have any ideas where I can get a laser pointer (doesn't have to be a pen)? It
would be very helpful to me, I used to use my laser pen with him and he loved
it, (although he would make very strange noises, and would stare at
the wall for a long time after I stopped playing with it). So both Lucky and
myself would be thankful!!!
Cheers!

Old September 13th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 13 Sep, 01:57, "dabanana1 via CatKB.com" u37199@uwe wrote:
[...]

try online pet shops, they seem to be the only way to buy them now,
pet shops don't tend to stock them at all (unless that is just the UK)
personally I am saving up my Felix cat food 'world of felix' tokens so
I can get one from their catalogue; 24 tokens and about £3 which seems
like a bargain to me. they also have a lovely igloo cat bed on offer
too for 48 tokens and £9, but I am going for the laser pointer as they
are impossible to find in the shops and i would like to see what the
cat bed is like (snugness, comfy-ness, squashiness of the cushion
inside etc) before purchasing and can't do that with the felix one.

problem with some pointers for overhead boards and stuff is that the
light may be a bit too strong to be used near kitty's delicate eyes,
so better to get one from an online pet shop. try http://www.petplanet.co.uk/
which is the UK but there must be something like that in the US

and yes, some parents will let their kids do the most deranged and
suicidal of things, whiulst they watch too, and then blame it on
someone else when their kids inflict serious damage on themselves and
everyone else around them. nothing surprises me these days

bookie

Old September 13th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley via CatKB.com

bookie wrote:

so better to get one from an online pet shop. try http://www.petplanet.co.uk/
which is the UK but there must be something like that in the US

Bookie

The Fabulous Furballs will soon be sending their thanks for that link, I just
know Sarsi is going to love a Zoom Groom and they will have a new red laser
dot greebling to play with

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old September 13th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"dabanana1 via CatKB.com" u37199@uwe wrote in message
[...]

This one comes with two "heads" - one is a little round dot, the other is a
mouse-shaped light.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...w=las er&sr=1

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 13th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

[...]

I'm not sure about America- In the UK, the most usual place to find
them are in £1 shops where everything in the store costs, £1. If you
have $1 shops, it might be worth looking there?
Good Luck,
Sheelagh *o*

Old September 13th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bobblespin[_2_]

"dabanana1 via CatKB.com" u37199@uwe wrote in news:7821b316962b7@uwe:

Ok, so I am taking everyones advice and trying to distract Lucky every
time he tries to attack me. I had a laser pen that I was going to use,
but the batteries died and besides I wanted to get a new one that was
easier to use. The problem is that I can't find them anywhere,

snip

Our dollar stores have them.
Old September 13th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mariib via CatKB.com

dabanana1 wrote:
[...]

Where are you? Do you have Dollar Stores there? I'm in Toronto & we are
inundated with these stores here, & everyone of them sells some kind of laser
pointer kit with the pointer & batteries for $1.00 or $2.00. The replacement
batteries are available on cards of 5 batteries for $1.00 & the battery code
# is AG13-5 (or 357 or LR44) & all of these batteries will work in the
pointers. The batteries last a couple months & are easy to change. The laser
pointers themselves will probably fall apart or break after a year or so but
at this price, who cares. I've been using these many years & all the cats get
good exercise. Here's a link to my energetic monster LIttle Devil chasing the
laser light http://pets.webshots.com/photo/29287...50028271EQxUiR

I keep reading about all the other people here paying big bucks for lasers
from expensive places & have no idea why they don't utilize the dollar stores.

M.

Old September 13th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

laser lighthttp://pets.webshots.com/photo/2928745910050028271EQxUiR

I keep reading about all the other people here paying big bucks for lasers
from expensive places & have no idea why they don't utilize the dollar stores.

M.

maybe the ones from the £1 stores have lasers in them which are too
intense to be used near little kitties eyes? it may be something
worthwhile checking out before you get one and use it near your puss.
the one on the pet planet site was only £3.99 anyway I think

bookie

Old September 13th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mariib via CatKB.com

bookie wrote:
Ok, so I am taking everyones advice and trying to distract Lucky every time
he tries to attack me. I had a laser pen that I was going to use, but the

[quoted text clipped - 29 lines]

maybe the ones from the ?1 stores have lasers in them which are too
intense to be used near little kitties eyes? it may be something
worthwhile checking out before you get one and use it near your puss.
the one on the pet planet site was only ?3.99 anyway I think

bookie

The dollar store laser pointer lights are not any more intense than the ones
from the pet stores or from an office supply store - I've tried them all over
the years. Any light shone directly in anyone's eyes - 2-legged or 4-legged -
will cause a problem - so will looking directly at the sun or a solar eclipse!
One has to use common sense.
M.

Old September 14th 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

dabanana1 wrote:
[...]

bookie- Hide quoted text -

True.
I hadn't thought of that now that you mention it. Then again, I don't
think that many of us would be silly enough to do that. It's a nasty
kid thing really- but you do make a very good point here.
Sheelagh *o*